• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation All Stars Battle Royale Discussion thread [Up: Leakfest #11]

Status
Not open for further replies.

J-Tier

What are you guys on about?

Jen has been confirmed!

Untitled-2b.jpg

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
My Jen Tate avatar is only slightly ironic.

I love Primal, and think Jen is a great character, and it would super awesome to have her in the game.

I also thought it was funny that that one guy was just sooooo adamant about her. Then he got banned for being foolish in that Colorado shooting thread. :(

I can't wait to get my hands on the game again. It's been great reading all of the beta testers impressions of the game, many of which jibe with my own.

I really do think that once more people get their hands on it, a lot of their concerns/doubts/SSB comparisons will fall by the wayside. It's a very different game, doing it's own thing, while being in the same genre as SSB and many other crossover fighters.I'm really, really hoping that there is a bundle deal for $80(USD). It's the only reason I haven't pre-ordered it yet.

Am I the only person that thinks that Superbot's logo robot would be a cool unlockable character? I know he's not a PlayStation "Classic" character, but he looks really cool, and it would be a fun easter egg. Maybe a secret unlockable. After all, Superbot was put together to make this game. I think they deserve a representative as a payer character.

Although, having the logo monster duking it out with a War of Monsters creature like Congar in the background of a mash-up level would be cool too.

so i just saw someone on my list playing a Beta? WTF when were codes given? Im so lost

Hong Kong PS Store got the Beta for free and people started buying PS+ cards to play. At the same time, Developer Beta keys were given to select people here in the USA and now you are caught up lol.

Kyon

Banned
Hong Kong PS Store got the Beta for free and people started buying PS+ cards to play. At the same time, Developer Beta keys were given to select people here in the USA and now you are caught up lol.

SMH lol I guess I am to blame as I have been absent from this thread for a bit. I guess im gonna have to sign up for PS+

Jonboy

Where can we go to report issues?

I just had the game lock up on me. In between the character menu and the "searching for opponents" screen.

J-Tier

Where can we go to report issues?

I just had the game lock up on me. In between the character menu and the "searching for opponents" screen.

It bugs up a lot, it's a beta after all, but if you can find your way to the beta forums, that's where you'd voice your issues.

Kurod

Banned
Radec's AP gain is weird. Some fights it seems like I'm smacking guys like crazy and not building anything then in others it seems like I build half a bar from a single sniper shot.

Kurod

Banned
is the sniper shot hard to land? because that would explain why it builds a lot of AP

Not at all. It's a solid horizontal shot that extends the entirety of the stage. It does take a second to shoot so you can still get stuffed if you try to use it while in close range but if you can get some distance between you and the others you're gold.

Not at all. It's a solid horizontal shot that extends the entirety of the stage. It does take a second to shoot so you can still get stuffed if you try to use it while in close range but if you can get some distance between you and the others you're gold.

Yeah plus people are getting good at the short hop to dodge it. Within time, it's gonna be hard to get hits with it. I imagine it almost impossible in 1 v 1

SSReborn

is the sniper shot hard to land? because that would explain why it builds a lot of AP

Its legit a straight shot but can easily be blocked a lot of the time it will get you when your in the air or performing a move. I also don't think there is a tracer making it harder to time dodges. It can be kind of annoying when your in the middle of fighting someone else and you get shot with it or when your not really paying attention to the Radec player. I have learned to always keep my eye on Radec player even when I'm fighting someone else.

Kurod

Banned
Yeah plus people are getting good at the short hop to dodge it. Within time, it's gonna be hard to get hits with it. I imagine it almost impossible in 1 v 1

I've been able to combo into it a few times with side square, square, side triangle. Knocks the opponent to the other side of the stage too.

My brother is so salty that I shared a code with somebody online haha poor guy.
So I was just discussing this with a friend. Who do you guys want to see rep the Ape Escape franchise? I cannot make up my mind. But it'll probably be Spike. Though I didn't go with him here haha

My brother is so salty that I shared a code with somebody online haha poor guy.
So I was just discussing this with a friend. Who do you guys want to see rep the Ape Escape franchise? I cannot make up my mind. But it'll probably be Spike. Though I didn't go with him here haha

Specter for me.

The REAL question tho is who would represent Resident Evil. I would be ok with Wesker, Jill, Nemesis or hell even Birkin. Leon and Chris are lame tier :3. Barry for lol tier.

Jill lvl 2 super would be Jill Sandwitch Roof descentin on top of her killing everyone nearby!

Zeroth

Dammit, I wish I could beta test this ;-; I'm really looking forward to see what can be done with Radec and Sly, I like long distance fighters, and Sly sounds pretty complicate to keep track off, which is a plus to me :p

Kurod

Banned
Specter for me.

The REAL question tho is who would represent Resident Evil. I would be ok with Wesker, Jill, Nemesis or hell even Birkin. Leon and Chris are lame tier :3. Barry for lol tier.

Jill lvl 2 super would be Jill Sandwitch Roof descentin on top of her killing everyone nearby!

I have a feeling there won't be any Capcom reps in the game.

Clockw0rk

On behalf of Sony and SuperBot, I wanted to thank everyone who is actively participating in the beta! Sony really came through with providing us the resources needed to get this going, and they're just as excited as we are to finally get the game into people's hands. I apologize for not being able to hand out codes to everyone, but I hope the people who are getting a chance to play are having a good time testing the game online.

(Speaking of which, I may have some more codes to give out tonight here on GAF, as well as some unclaimed ones. Keep your eyes peeled O___O)

Please keep in mind that this is just a small sample of what to expect from the finished product, and the main purpose of the beta is to test online capabilities. We're glad to hear people are having a good time and we are thrilled to have so much thoughtful feedback. If you think the game is sick now, just wait until October 23rd!

Clock

Zabuza

Banned
On behalf of Sony and SuperBot, I wanted to thank everyone who is actively participating in the beta! Sony really came through with providing us the resources needed to get this going, and they're just as excited as we are to finally get the game into people's hands. I apologize for not being able to hand out codes to everyone, but I hope the people who are getting a chance to play are having a good time testing the game online.

(Speaking of which, I may have some more codes to give out tonight here on GAF, as well as some unclaimed ones. Keep your eyes peeled O___O)

Please keep in mind that this is just a small sample of what to expect from the finished product, and the main purpose of the beta is to test online capabilities. We're glad to hear people are having a good time and we are thrilled to have so much thoughtful feedback. If you think the game is sick now, just wait until October 23rd!

Clock

You're a good man. Compliment=code?

paskowitz

Clock

Thanks for being here.

And can we get this man's junior tag removed?

J-Tier

Clock

You guys rock! One of my favorite members of the FGC is you, and now you're even more awesome xD

SSReborn

Clock

You guys at Superbot are a great bunch! I'm definitely looking forward to the actual release. One question however can we expect to see patches throughout the beta?

solidus51

Banned

Clock
clock the people love the game!!!! please heeeelp me dear god

Clock

You guys are amazing. Seriously, I haven't seen a developer as dedicated to fan feedback and keeping connected to their fans in a while. I seriously wish you the best luck in the game and while I'm not in the beta I will be looking forward to the October 23rd release and the possibility of still getting a beta code if they're given away. :)

Keep up the work! I have a question though if you don't mind me asking: Is it possible that we could see multiple people playing online on one console at the release? (Two people connected by two PSNs playing on one PS3. This was a feature that I really enjoyed in Brawl private matches)

Kyon

Banned

Clock

Thank you ;___;

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member
Thanks clock, would really appreciate a code if you have any more to spare :)

Glad to hear of the overwhelmingly positive impressions... I hope this is the start of a successful franchise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom