• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation All Stars Battle Royale Discussion thread [Up: Leakfest #11]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zabuza

Banned
Not going to lie, I'd happily beat the crap out of people as Stockpile Thomas.

If Baldwin was in the game though, this is how I imagine they'd reveal him: Announcement trailer as Yurt the Silent Chief. Then he takes off his armor to reveal that he's really BALDWIN.

Demon's Souls has a treasure trove of great NPCs. They should have a Nexus stage where all the NPCs come and go and they say their funny quotes.

THOU SEEKETH SOUL POWER, DOST THOU NOT? THEN TOUCH THE DEMON INSIDE ME.

LuuKyK

I'd much rather have Drake go with Sweet Tooth, hahah. Sly is a good choice too. I think Lightning would be after that.

Why Sweet Tooth though? That would be very anticlimatic. They have nothing to do with each other. Sly would be funnier I think.

SSReborn

Raiden

One move that stood out to me in this gameplay demo is where he was running while deflecting bullets. That move could be like a dash or a way to cover ground while being a knockback attack if you run into an enemy, It would also be cool to see him use that to knockaway bullets and even cooler if the bullets could hit other enemies giving him small amounts of AP. Another thing that was shown was a parry and it would be cool to see that in his combat. He has a sliding leg attack that could double to go under some projectiles. He can probably have an ability to jump off and scale walls could help with dodging specials simlar to Guy and Chun Li from street fighter. He can apparently use sub weapons in his game. The one I seen was a rocket launcher looking thing. His drop in attack could either be that move he used as a stealth kill that Zabuza suggested in the other thread or the one he does in the trailer on the gekko and he can bash the opponent multiple times. In the trailer their seems to be an area of effect weapon I can definitely see them using it as well. Overall he seems like he will be a rushdown character who will have plenty of options on pressuring his opponents tailored for 1 on 1 battles. Imagine for his level 2-3 that the game went into blade mode and you could cut pieces of the stage off to try and kill your enemies.

Reference Videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ONT6-8B94Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llcbWzAYqOM&feature=endscreen

k_Reign

Why Sweet Tooth though? That would be very anticlimatic. They have nothing to do with each other. Sly would be funnier I think.

Drake is really afraid of clowns, allegedly. How terrifying would a flaming clown be to someone afraid of clowns? :p there are probably better, but that would be funny I think.

Zabuza

Banned

Definitely Sly and Drake. Their games have similar titles. Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves.

But yeah Drake is afraid of clowns.

Boss Man

Sweet Tooth vs. Fat Princess is the obvious choice IMO.

Drake and Sly come across as having similar 'trickster' personalities to me.

Demon's Souls has a treasure trove of great NPCs. They should have a Nexus stage where all the NPCs come and go and they say their funny quotes.

THOU SEEKETH SOUL POWER, DOST THOU NOT? THEN TOUCH THE DEMON INSIDE ME.

Oh god, that would be the greatest stage of all time. I would easily pay money for it as DLC, seriously.

libregkd

I want to see Drake x Sweet Tooth outside that the only real rivalries I want to see are:

Jak x Ratchet
Raiden x Dante
PaRappa x Kratos
Spike x Big Daddy

I really can't think of anything else at the moment, I figure given the Heihachi x Toro match up, there are bound to be a few humorous pairs.
But Sweet Tooth is not a clown. lol
He's close enough <_<

Zabuza

Banned
Raiden

One move that stood out to me in this gameplay demo is where he was running while deflecting bullets. That move could be like a dash or a way to cover ground while being a knockback attack if you run into an enemy, It would also be cool to see him use that to knockaway bullets and even cooler if the bullets could hit other enemies giving him small amounts of AP. Another thing that was shown was a parry and it would be cool to see that in his combat. He has a sliding leg attack that could double to go under some projectiles. He can probably have an ability to jump off and scale walls could help with dodging specials simlar to Guy and Chun Li from street fighter. He can apparently use sub weapons in his game. The one I seen was a rocket launcher looking thing. His drop in attack could either be that move he used as a stealth kill that Zabuza suggested in the other thread or the one he does in the trailer on the gekko and he can bash the opponent multiple times. In the trailer their seems to be an area of effect weapon I can definitely see them using it as well. Overall he seems like he will be a rushdown character who will have plenty of options on pressuring his opponents tailored for 1 on 1 battles. Imagine for his level 2-3 that the game went into blade mode and you could cut pieces of the stage off to try and kill your enemies.

Reference Videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ONT6-8B94Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llcbWzAYqOM&feature=endscreen
Very nice write up SS. I like what I'm reading. He has so much potential to be great character with lots of slick moves.

Oh god, that would be the greatest stage of all time. I would easily pay money for it as DLC, seriously.
I'd drop $10 no question. Do it Superbot.

Boss Man

I want to see Drake x Sweet Tooth outside that the only real rivalries I want to see are:

Jak x Ratchet
Raiden x Dante
PaRappa x Kratos
Spike x Big Daddy

I really can't think of anything else at the moment, I figure given the Heihachi x Toro match up, there are bound to be a few humorous pairs.

He's close enough <_<
For some reason I'm assuming that third party characters won't be put up against each other.

Ryce

Spike vs. Fat Princess would make a lot of sense. The monkeys and servants would be fighting each other in their opening cutscene.

Very nice write up SS. I like what I'm reading. He has so much potential to be great character with lots of slick moves.

I'd drop $10 no question. Do it Superbot.

Going to say right now that I'd love DLC characters and levels as long as they're all unique. They'd allow us to get levels and characters based on lesser known Sony IPs such as Demon's Souls, Folklore and Ico/SOTC.

Zabuza

Banned
Going to say right now that I'd love DLC characters and levels as long as they're all unique. They'd allow us to get levels and characters based on lesser known Sony IPs such as Demon's Souls, Folklore and Ico/SOTC.

Yes and fairly priced. I'd also love to have them in the game in the first place. But I'll take anything I can get.

Boss Man

I would actually be pretty disappointed to see first party characters in DLC. They could have put them on the disc instead of some of the more ...promotion oriented... third party characters. They always had the rights and there was no excuse not to. Don't put DINO and a BioShock: Infinite stage on the disc and then make me pay for Wander and a Demon's Souls stage.

I'm down for DLC characters, but I want them to be third party characters that they didn't have time to lock up before release. Stuff like Cloud, Crash, Spyro is what I'd want to buy. Maybe a pack with Crash + Spyro from Activision licenses or a pack with Cloud + Sephiroth from SE licenses, to keep the rivalries intact and stuff.

SSReborn

I would actually be pretty disappointed to see first party characters in DLC. They could have put them on the disc instead of some of the more ...promotion oriented... third party characters. They always had the rights and there was no excuse not to.

I'm down for DLC characters, but I want them to be third party characters that they didn't have time to lock up before release. Stuff like Cloud, Crash, Spyro is what I'd want to buy.

But... Kat...

Zabuza

Banned
I just don't want this to turn into a all the best most wanted characters all DLC situation. Give us as much content as you can on disc. Which I think Superbot said they were doing just that.

I just don't want this to turn into a all the best most wanted characters all DLC situation. Give us as much content as you can on disc. Which I think Superbot said they were doing just that.

Of course, I'm just saying that if characters can't be in the game for numerous reasons I would be completely fine with paying for them as DLC instead.

Hey we're past 15,000 posts. I wonder how many are mine.

enjoy.png

My posts in this thread are sadly only in the late 20s. :(

TheMink

Well considering that you're the person responsible for all of the characters
(especially Evil Cole)
so far, it really isn't too surprising.

Click on the number of posts of a thread when browsing a section of the forum.

That, and my unwaverable love for this game :p

TheMink

I remember when Cole was unveiled and you talked about wanting to see Evil Cole. I think CC and I said that we would blame you if it happened.

Well...here we are.
LLShC.gif

To be fair, i didnt say i wanted him so much :p

Specifically CC said that he would throw his PSP at my head XD

I asked him about it, he says hes gotta finish dissidia 2 first! so i got time...

SSReborn

I'd love to see some more attempts at a fighting style write up for Lightning, Spector, Sir Daniel Fortesque, Sackboy, Ratchet and Clank, Evil Cole I would do them but I got to start settling down for my 12 hour shift tommorow (n)

I would even like seeing possible write up's for non leaked characters like who could end up in any future PSA (or even this one) game such as Sora, Solid Snake, Kazuma Kiryu, Kat etc.

Zabuza

Banned
I'd love to see some more attempts at fighting style write up for Lightning, Spector, Sir Daniel Fortesque, Sackboy, Ratchet and Clank, Evil Cole I would do them but I got to start settling down for my 12 hour shift tommorow (n)

I would even like seeing possible write up's for non leaked characters like who could end up in any future PSA (or even this one) game such as Sora, Solid Snake, Kazuma Kiryu, Kat etc.

I may give one of these a go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom