• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation All Stars Battle Royale Discussion thread [Up: Leakfest #11]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Man

Those game modes do indeed look awesome, as does the implication of having parties. Really excited about how deep this seems to be.

Speaking of replay value, I really hope there are unlockable characters. Unlocking characters is one of my favorite things in fighting games. It would be a major bummer if you start with all characters.

I know some people hate unlocking characters, especially for online but I love it.

I absolutely love unlocking characters. Which is what made Tekken 6 kind of a disappointment for me. Although the stupid amount of hours I spent playing the game offline with friends made up for it.

Although it's nothing compared to my Tekken Tag Tournament hours back in the PS2 days. The amount of unlockable characters in that game was absolutely mind blowing, especially considering that the game was an early PS2 title.

So I come home from a weekend sabbatical to find an invite to the beta in my inbox! Thank you, based Clockw0rk! I hope I get my code before Friday so I can start praticing my Parappa...

And what's this? New characters leaked?

Raiden is now my main.

Boss Man

So I come home from a weekend sabbatical to find an invite to the beta in my inbox! Thank you, based Clockw0rk! I hope I get my code before Friday so I can start praticing my Parappa...

And what's this? New characters leaked?

Raiden is now my main.
Don't wanna be the bearer of bad news, but about the beta...
it's over.
:/

Still goes on next weekend, actually.
Ohhh, I was unaware of this. Hopefully we get an updated version to play.

Just curious, do you guys think that the test on Friday will be open to NA PS+ users? I'm still half tempted to just buy HK PS+ to be sure. Japanese Ape Escape is making it incredibly tempting

k_Reign

Don't wanna be the bearer of bad news, but about the beta... :/

Just curious, do you guys think that the test on Friday will be open to NA PS+ users? I'm still half tempted to just buy HK PS+ to be sure. Japanese Ape Escape is making it incredibly tempting

Probably not. It'd probably be worth buying it for next weekend. I thiiiiink the 80 HKD card gives you enough left over for Ape Escape.... :p

TheMink

Having Musashi as a costume for an unrelated character and then having Good Cole and Evil Cole as two separate characters is so, so awful to think about. I hope this isn't the case...damn it Mink.

That is a good point, but that wouldn't bother me if it happened like that.

But again, im the opposite of a hater. I see good in everything.

TheMink

So Mink, I don't suppose you wanna check on the status of the roster with your buddy, do ya? ;p

EDIT: I'm bugging you; I'm just way too excited and hoping that there is still some room in the roster.

Im definitely going to try for more info. I might no be able to get it, but keep your ears open anyway!

Probably not. It'd probably be worth buying it for next weekend. I thiiiiink the 80 HKD card gives you enough left over for Ape Escape.... :p

Well, I'm thinking that I could just buy 38$ HK dollars for 1 month of PlayStation Plus using my Visa credit card and then getting the free Ape Escape for PS+ users.

I'm pretty sure that Ape Escape JP is still a reward for having HK PS+ although can anyone check to see if the All Stars beta is still on the HK store?

k_Reign

Im definitely going to try for more info. I might no be able to get it, but keep your ears open anyway!

Oh, don't worry.

ibbzL3WPBL4ewE.gif

Just a number. That's all we need. Also Lightning confirmation.

But seriously it's totally fine if you don't wanna play messenger, hahaha.

sorry I stole your gif, LuuKyK

Well, I'm thinking that I could just buy 38$ HK dollars for 1 month of PlayStation Plus using my Visa credit card and then getting the free Ape Escape for PS+ users.

I'm pretty sure that Ape Escape JP is still a reward for having HK PS+ although can anyone check to see if the All Stars beta is still on the HK store?

Ahhh it is?? I need to get that! Also, make sure you let your bank know that you will be making a purchase from a Hong Kong store. They usually will get onto you about that stuff :p fraudulent charges and whatnot.

Drago

Sorry to ramble, but Ape Escape needs to get on NA PSN PRONTO

Why the fuck isn't it there yet? Hopefully they put it up to advertise All-Stars. I'm sure the PSP version has sold enough for them. Parappa too! :mad:

SmithnCo

Sorry to ramble, but Ape Escape needs to get on PSN PRONTO

Why the fuck isn't it there yet? Hopefully they put it up to advertise All-Stars. I'm sure the PSP version has sold enough for them. Parappa too! :mad:

Yeah. I've played a bit of the one for HK PS+ people and it should really be on other stores.

They should have a PSN sale before the game comes out to advertise characters too.

TheMink

Oh, don't worry.

ibbzL3WPBL4ewE.gif

Just a number. That's all we need. Also Lightning confirmation.

But seriously it's totally fine if you don't wanna play messenger, hahaha.

sorry I stole your gif, LuuKyK

Ahhh it is?? I need to get that! Also, make sure you let your bank know that you will be making a purchase from a Hong Kong store. They usually will get onto you about that stuff :p fraudulent charges and whatnot.

I will definitely try and get a number total.

Side note, i might be going to New York Comic Con, do we know if SuperBot will have a panel there?

Well just curious, would it be possible to get a PSN card closer to $38 HK dollars than the $80 card?

k_Reign

I will definitely try and get a number total.

Side note, i might be going to New York Comic Con, do we know if SuperBot will have a panel there?

I would imagine so. It's one of the few big cons left. My guess is that we will be seeing some characters at Gamescom, TGS, and NY ComicCon. Assuming (hopeful) we get 4 characters per reveal, we will have 24 characters. Which would be amazing. But still, 3-4 characters per would be awesome. Anyway those are the events.

Gamescom is mid-August
TGS is mid-September
NYCC is mid-October

Well just curious, would it be possible to get a PSN card closer to $38 HK dollars than the $80 card?

I dunno, 80 is the smallest one I found.

Zabuza

Banned
Can't wait to hear the whole soundtrack for this. So far I've liked what I've heard but I'm hoping for music selection from each game to choose what plays on each stage.

Zabuza

Banned
I'm hoping for an offline demo in September with maybe 10 characters* to play as and a practice mode. *(The first 6, Drake, Big Daddy, Toro, Heihachi, cole, Jak and Daxter)

Oh god, I can't believe the beta's working again.

It's a shame that I can't join in, but it's great that you guys are able to experience it for longer. :)

Boss Man

So after sitting on the leaks a bit more, I find myself more and more accepting of the aggravating third party promotional crap.

I mean, the game was so fun just with those few characters with nothing but online FFA available. This is going to be a blast and quite possibly become one of my favorite franchises. So chunks of it don't live up to the 'spirit' of the game as a celebration of PlayStation; chunks of it do and I'll probably forget about the things that don't fit while I'm having so much fun with the game.

I hope they do some stuff to clear up the messiness of trying to keep up with your character in these matches (like the knockback trails and better use of icons and colors), and just make it as fun as possible to play because this shit is pure enjoyment.

k_Reign

So after sitting on the leaks a bit more, I find myself more and more accepting of the aggravating third party promotional crap.

I mean, the game was so fun just with those few characters with nothing but online FFA available. This shit is going to be a blast and quite possibly become one of my favorite franchises. So chunks of it don't live up to the 'spirit' of the game as a celebration of PlayStation; chunks of it do and I'll probably forget about the things that don't fit while I'm having so much fun with the game.

Don't forget that we still don't know about 10 mashups...10...they're going to be amazing.

Boss Man

I'm looking very much looking forward to seeing Ratchet & Clank in action, I just have a feeling that that is going to be my preferred character because I can sort of imagine how they will play.

Also, yes, definitely looking forward to more information on the stages and mashups since the screens look fantastic and I'm fully aware that they hardly even begin reveal the stages in full.

k_Reign

VERY nice job with Radec, K_reign. Know though, that i was cheering on Kratos to kick ur ass even though I was Parappa.

Hahah, was that you? I didn't see an Alpha-Male but I wasn't really looking. I'm not doing too well, give me a break! I keep losing as Radec but winning as Kratos now that I've started playing as him. Also I hate the Jak and Daxter stage with Radec! His level 1 is nearly useless for me :p

EDIT: Nice match Oyashrio!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom