• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation All Stars Battle Royale Discussion thread [Up: Leakfest #11]

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuuKyK

ibr0H2sqTkHi7L.gif

lol

Zabuza

Banned
The thing I like about Dark is that it makes my current avatar blend much better.

Anyone here gonna go for the platinum in this game? I think I will if it isn't too ridiculous.

Animated gifs aren't supported? You just posted one above?

They're not supported as avatars anymore. I should have reworded my post. But regardless, here's my old avatar:

SnakeMGS5ani.gif

On subject though, I would absolutely love Big Boss to be in this game as a character. But sadly, with Raiden in there (who I'm absolutely looking forward to playing as) I doubt we'd get another MGS character.

SmithnCo

The thing I like about Dark is that it makes my current avatar blend much better.

Anyone here gonna go for the platinum in this game? I think I will if it isn't too ridiculous.

Yeah. It will probably be an easy plat too, considering I will likely be addicted to the game and get the Vita version as well.

DOUBLE PLATS

Zabuza

Banned
They're not supported as avatars anymore. I should have reworded my post. But regardless, here's my old avatar:

SnakeMGS5ani.gif

I like it a lot. I'd steal that right now if they were still supported. I can't tell but who is he flashing to?

Never mind, for a second there I thought it was flashing to The Boss or something.

TheMink

Holy freaking crap, a Musashi alt costume for Spike would work without a hitch!

I was just playing Ape Escape and Blade Fencer from the HK store, and they seriously could be the same character.

Spike:
Has a sword and a net

-sword=faster
-net=slower

Musashi:
Has two swords (i know i just said he doesnt use both in the game, but im an idiot, he absolutely does)

-small sword=faster
-big sword=slower

Spike:
Has a bunch of random gadgets

Musashi:
Aborbs enemies for a bunch of random gadgets

I mean, an aesthetic change would even cause any problems lol

It kinda seems majorly potentially awesome :3

(not a confirm btw just speculation, i have to differentiate now lol)

SSReborn

I was just playing Ape Escape and Blade Fencer from the HK store, and they seriously could be the same character.

Spike:
Has a sword and a net

-sword=faster
-net=slower

Musashi:
Has two swords (i know i just said he doesnt use both in the game, but im an idiot, he absolutely does)

-small sword=faster
-big sword=slower

Spike:

Musashi:

Hey Mink did your link (lol) know if the people he mentioned were the final roster or that their could possibly be more. Forgot to ask you before.

Spike doesnt use monkeys as a weapon ever, they're the enemy!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: But again, would you question it if they gave him monkeys lol

At this point: Yes I would question him. Regardless, I'd probably still play as Spike. I have so many memories playing the hilariously badly dubbed PAL version of Ape Escape.

Zabuza

Banned
What other games are you guys looking forward to other than this?

For me there's lots:

Sleeping Dogs
Darksiders 2
Borderlands 2
AC 3
Resident Evil 6
Persona 4 Arena
Persona 4 the Golden
Hitman Absolution
Dishonored

and probably a few others I'm forgetting. Too many!

SmithnCo

One of Spike's supers has to be the Apes running around causing havoc, right?

Also I've been playing the jpn Ape Escape from the HK store, still a good game that looks better than a lot of PS1 games.

What other games are you guys looking forward to other than this?

For me there's lots:

Sleeping Dogs
Darksiders 2
Borderlands 2
AC 3
Resident Evil 6
Persona 4 Arena
Persona 4 the Golden
Hitman Absolution
Dishonored

and probably a few others I'm forgetting. Too many!

Persona 4 The Golden
Guild Wars 2
Ragnarok Odyssey
Sleeping Dogs
Darksiders 2
LBP Karting

There's easily more but they're the main focus at the moment. I don't think I'll be picking up Sleeping Dogs and Darksiders 2 at release though.

WHEN THE HELL IS LBP VITA GOING TO COME OUT!!!

i thought it was suppose to come out last month?!?!

I believe that was a placeholder date, regardless: Most retailers are now listing the release date as 31st December 2012, so I think we just have a standard '2012' date for the release. Hopefully it doesn't go into next year!

SmithnCo

WHEN THE HELL IS LBP VITA GOING TO COME OUT!!!

i thought it was suppose to come out last month?!?!

I dunno, supposedly by the end of the year though there still isn't a date. Between that, this, and Persona 4 Vita, a lot of time wasters are coming out at the same time.

That can be both very good and very bad, lol.

Zabuza

Banned
I'm seriously looking forward to getting a large variety of modes in this game. I need lots of content to make this a long lasting experience. Especially offline content.

I'm seriously looking forward to getting a large variety of modes in this game. I need lots of content to make this a long lasting experience. Especially offline content.

Despite the stupid amount of enjoyable offline modes, I'm just hoping that you can also bring multiple people with one console online, even if it's just two players it'd be worth it. You could do this in Brawl in private matches and it really made the game a better online experience then it was normally.

k_Reign

Same here; I'll likely play this as my main game a lot of the time. I'll have it out in the lobby of the dorm hall and get tournaments going at night time, hahah. I seriously can't wait for this game.

SSReborn

•Arcade mode
•Solo Play
•LAN game
•Free Roam! (????)
•Challenge Trials..This Trials set involves fun trials with unique gameplay
•Training options
•Gold Stars Collected
•Countdown Attack
•Character Trials...This Trials set involves mastering one character at a time
•King of the Hill
•Capture the Flag
•General Trials The Trials set involves finding success with the fundametals of the game
•Elimination Round 3
•(Insane AI), (Hard AI), (Normal AI), (Easy AI)
•Customize Characters
•Clue Bottles
•Killer Bees
•Accessorize
•Kills are worth +2 Score and Deaths are worth -1 (this is mainly for info)
•Berzerker
•Great Mighty Scythe
•Grabinator
•You gotta do what? I gotta receive!
•Disband Party
•Quick Match Game: Select Your Options
•Season Leaderboard
•Max Supers Kills
•Recent Players

http://sonichurricane.com/?p=5849

I remember reading this on Maj's site a while back and wondering if he would try to push to have his idea in PSABR maybe its one of these two.

Zabuza

Banned
•Arcade mode
•Solo Play
•LAN game
•Free Roam! (????)
•Training options
•Gold Stars Collected
•Countdown Attack
•King of the Hill
•Capture the Flag
•General Trials The Trials set involves finding success with the fundametals of the game
•Elimination Round 3
•Customize Characters
•Clue Bottles
•Killer Bees
•Accessorize
•Berzerker
•Great Mighty Scythe
•Grabinator
•Disband Party
•Season Leaderboard
•Max Supers Kills
•Recent Players

I remember reading this on Maj's site a while back and wondering if he would try to push to have his idea in PSABR maybe its one of these two.
Mother of God if those are all in...

Boss Man

Spike:
Has a sword and a net

-sword=faster
-net=slower

Musashi:

-small sword=faster
-big sword=slower

Spike:

Musashi:

Having Musashi as a costume for an unrelated character and then having Good Cole and Evil Cole as two separate characters is so, so awful to think about. I hope this isn't the case...damn it Mink.

TheMink

•Arcade mode
•Solo Play
•LAN game
•Free Roam! (????)
•Training options
•Gold Stars Collected
•Countdown Attack
•King of the Hill
•Capture the Flag
•Elimination Round 3
•Customize Characters
•Clue Bottles
•Killer Bees
•Accessorize
•Berzerker
•Great Mighty Scythe
•Grabinator
•Disband Party
•Season Leaderboard
•Max Supers Kills
•Recent Players

You can party up? *weeps with joy*

Zabuza

Banned
Speaking of replay value, I really hope there are unlockable characters. Unlocking characters is one of my favorite things in fighting games. It would be a major bummer if you start with all characters.

I know some people hate unlocking characters, especially for online but I love it.

k_Reign

Speaking of replay value, I really hope there are unlockable characters. Unlocking characters is one of my favorite things in fighting games. It would be a major bummer if you start with all characters.

I know some people hate unlocking characters, especially for online but I love it.

Oh there should be. There was an "unlockable_icon" or something found among the character portraits.

TheMink

Me too, i love it so much.

Zabuza

Banned
I think it'd be great if you started with like 14 or 16 and had to unlock the rest.

Unlocking in Smash Bros, Soul Calibur, and Naruto games are some of my favorite things. Please Superbot!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom