• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation App Release Date Announced NA: Nov. 13th Europe: Nov. 22nd

co1onel

edit: Nevermind I didn't read the date.

Anyways the app feels rather sluggish on my iphone 4. How is it on newer ios devices?

DogMeat77

For People getting the "This device's network feature is turned off" on Android after trying to sign in, you might want to make sure you are using the default Android browser.

I was getting the error on my rooted Galaxy 2 but I was trying the login from Dolphin. I tried several times with the same error and then used the default browser. It signed in and worked fine after that.

Hope that helps... worked for me anyhow.

GQman2121

Banned
Messaged someone from my phone. It works well enough.

LI6FX7P.png

That Ultra Rare....

Trouble

Banned
For People getting the "This device's network feature is turned off" on Android after trying to sign in, you might want to make sure you are using the default Android browser.

I was getting the error on my rooted Galaxy 2 but I was trying the login from Dolphin. I tried several times with the same error and then used the default browser. It signed in and worked fine after that.

Didn't help using the stock browser instead of Chrome on my phone. My tablet is running 4.3 where Chrome is stock browser. :(

nikos

Just downloaded it on my iPhone 5S and retina iPad mini. No iPad support, sadly, but it works well on the iPhone.

Trouble

Banned
I turned off wifi on my phone and it works via LTE for some reason. Not an option for my Nexus 10, though.

Weird.

Edit: Still works after turning wifi back on.

Rhindle

"An error has occurred."
"Cannot load."
"An error has occurred."
"Cannot load."
"An error has occurred."
"Cannot load."
"An error has occurred."
"Cannot load."
"An error has occurred."
"Cannot load."
"Do you want to close this app?"
"Yes"

The extent of my interaction with this app so far. Nexus 5.

Cess007

Finally could login. I'd to copy the link from the iOS default browser and paste it on Chrome. Dunno why it just didn't work before.

Kalren

I turned off wifi on my phone and it works via LTE for some reason. Not an option for my Nexus 10, though.

Weird.

Edit: Still works after turning wifi back on.

Yes. Thank you for mentioning turning wifi off. My Nexus 7 (2012) has 3G so turning off Wifi worked and turning it back on still allowed me to use the app.

Trouble

Banned
Yes. Thank you for mentioning turning wifi off. My Nexus 7 (2012) has 3G so turning off Wifi worked and turning it back on still allowed me to use the app.

I did a bit more experimenting. If you close the app you'll need to turn wifi off again to log in, once logged in you can re-enable wifi.

Milennia

Really digging the fact that i dont need to turn on the ps3 to accept the 15 a day friend requests leading up to launch lol. Also love responding to messages from the app instead of the ps3.

xBuTcHeRx

I got it on my iOS and I am waiting on the VITA app. This thing is sexy. Can't connect to it yet on my PSN account which sux

Koralsky

Nope, my stock browser is Chrome (I'm using the app with Xperia Z with latest offcial Android version - 4.2.2; the phone is not rooted).

I receive the same message with mobile Firefox browser :/

Koralsky

Ok, for the peoples with "This device's network feature is turned off" message:

Try to restart your phone and the login process should be succsesfull.

AndyD

aka andydumi
So I clicked on a game that one of my friends is playing and this appeared.....

I'm assuming this will work itself out in due time. Perhaps when PS4 games go live widespread.

The PSN is undergoing some maintenance and changes right now, probably in anticipation for Friday.

Top Bottom