• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Button Overlay on Multiplatform PC Games

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I noticed when poking about Kingdom Come: Deliverence's options menu than it supports the "PS" controller:

2015-04-30_00001uuuau.jpg

But being a "tech alpha" there are no button prompts just yet:

So I know that I had PS4 button prompts working for Watch_Dogs when I played through the game last year, but I can't seem to get them working again.

I remember initially using different DS4 drivers than I am now and I think I had to briefly unplug and plug-in the controller to get the correct prompts, but I also remember getting to a point where I didn't need any 3rd party program at all with the game automatically recognizing that I was using a PS4 controller (similar to the way Unity does).

If anyone has any advice I would really appreciate it.

I was happy to start up Batman: Arkham Knight and see the PS button prompts. I'm glad it's becoming a constant thing. It's something that already exists in multiplatform games and is seemingly easy to implement, so I'm pretty pleased to see developers are making it happen.

I'll update the OP after a while with all the additional games.

VoxPop

Is there no application that makes this universal for PC games yet? =T

It's a pain in the ass when I have the DS4 hooked up for games and I get the numbers instead of shapes or even the XBOX controller overlay.

Corpekata

Banned
Is there no application that makes this universal for PC games yet? =T

It's a pain in the ass when I have the DS4 hooked up for games and I get the numbers instead of shapes or even the XBOX controller overlay.

There never will be. You're talking about replacing textures. The only hope is that games will just make it more common over time like seems to be happening.

Top Bottom