• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Experience 2016 Coming to Anaheim on December 3-4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Javin98

Banned
And now, please welcome to the stage... Neil Druckmann!

Host: Welcome, Neil! Got something to show us today?
Neil: You know, host, it really is The Last Of Us 2.
While this would be hilarious, I much prefer Sony's recent approach to announcements. At E3 this year, they would show footages of the game first without revealing the developer and had audiences guessing what it was. Remember when most of us initially thought GOW4 was Horizon or RE7 was Amnesia or Condemned sequel or P.T. successor and had our minds blown? I would much rather see reveals done like that going forward.

Expect Itsuno to say something at TGS next year. It's been a while where he's come out at any press conference.
definitely agree that he needs to make a presence since the last time was I believe E3 2015 when he was promoting DMC4SE.
As for next TGS, that sounds too late, maybe E3 2017 is more likely.

*Show Spiderman gameplay at some point during conference
*Reveal DMC5 at some point during conference.

*Host A and Host B get on stage towards end.
A: This was pretty great wasn't it.
B: Yes. Super exciting. Spiderman looked like a really good game.
A: Yeah, it looked pretty cool. DMC5 was cooler though. Dante was easily the coolest game character here.
B: I don't know. Spiderman is pretty cool. He could probably beat Dante in a fight.
A: What no way.
B: Yes way.
A: Wanna bet.
B: Lets go.
*Immediately start playing a MvC4 match of Spiderman vs Dante.
*Crowd goes wild.

I'm waaaaaaaay too hyped for this.
These are the stuff dreams are made out of
Probably doesn't mean anything, but Kojima is visiting Sony Santa Monica. Maybe he's using their engine?

https://twitter.com/hideo_kojima_en/status/803792035131969536

He also hasn't corrected any DMC5 mentions

More like he completely ignores it lol....

dmc5 and mvc4
next thing i'd expect is deep down there too

capcom made a hell of a turn around for that!

i only expect marvel4, dmc5 at next e3 going by what sneakers was told
hold up

what did sneakers reveal regards to DMC5?

He also hasn't corrected any DMC5 mentions
In other words:
n9lRw99.gif

hold up

what did sneakers reveal regards to DMC5?

IIRC he said that before E3 2016 he had heard that the game will be announced there but apparently the announcement was postponed. This lines up with something else that was said in DMC4SE's OT so check that out as well.

Though nothing about that alludes to DMC5 not getting announced before next E3.

Ricky_R

While this would be hilarious, I much prefer Sony's recent approach to announcements. At E3 this year, they would show footages of the game first without revealing the developer and had audiences guessing what it was. Remember when most of us initially thought GOW4 was Horizon or RE7 was Amnesia or Condemned sequel or P.T. successor and had our minds blown? I would much rather see reveals done like that going forward.

Don't know why people thought GOW4 was Horizon with the obvious intro music having GOW notes. As soon as I heard the orchestra I knew it.

Javin98

Banned
Don't know why people thought GOW4 was Horizon with the obvious intro music having GOW notes. As soon as I heard the orchestra I knew it.
Well, I thought it was just a really dramatic opening. Sure, it sounded like GOW4, but I guess I was too hyped then to think rationally. :p

Yeah, that is what immediately popped into my head but I think there was still room for doubt. Just a bit of lingering uncertainty until Kratos popped out of the shadows. It was a really good reveal.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Any rumors regarding what Sucker Punch are up to?

Haven't heard a peep from them.

Dahbomb

*Show Spiderman gameplay at some point during conference
*Reveal DMC5 at some point during conference.

*Host A and Host B get on stage towards end.
A: This was pretty great wasn't it.
B: Yes. Super exciting. Spiderman looked like a really good game.
A: Yeah, it looked pretty cool. DMC5 was cooler though. Dante was easily the coolest game character here.
B: I don't know. Spiderman is pretty cool. He could probably beat Dante in a fight.
A: What no way.
B: Yes way.
A: Wanna bet.
B: Lets go.
*Immediately start playing a MvC4 match of Spiderman vs Dante.
*Crowd goes wild.

I'm waaaaaaaay too hyped for this.
That would be the dopest thing ever.

Which means it will never happen.

And Dante would school Spider Man free.

Hopefully this is a substantial showing

gts0csjt.png

I don't expect a date, but I want to at least see a new trailer with new tracks, cars, features etc. They've basically gone dark since E3 aside from the Pro event.

Neonep

definitely agree that he needs to make a presence since the last time was I believe E3 2015 when he was promoting DMC4SE.
As for next TGS, that sounds too late, maybe E3 2017 is more likely.
How is TGS too late? It would depend on how long he has been working on it. In January he said the next project has already begun.

Neonep

I like this year's scheduling better than last years. I like how Capcom Cup is on Saturday instead of Sunday. Also like the panels on Sunday instead of Saturday.

Raitaro

I like this year's scheduling better than last years. I like how Capcom Cup is on Saturday instead of Sunday. Also like the panels on Sunday instead of Saturday.

Sorry if this info is already available somewhere, but where and when exactly can us distant Europeans watch the Capcom Cup? It's probably going to to be in the middle of the night again but a guy can try. One of those live counting down thingies is always appreciated, for the Cup as well as any notable PS Experience presentations.

As for announcements, I'm hoping for some news on that rumored first party RPG myself. That and any cool and unexpected old IP revivals / sequels like Jumping Flash (PSVR), Panzer Dragoon (PSVR), Outrun 3, Grandia, Castlevania (sigh...), etc.

DMC 5, Deep Down / Dragon's Dogma 2 and a new Sucker Punch game would be cool as well of course.

delSai

2014: Ultra SF4 port + Street Fighter 5
2016: Very likely Ultimate Marvel 3 port + MvC4
2018: The year Rival Schools or Power Stone finally returns???

Yeah when you put it that way, tlou 2 seems even more possible

If this happens, I'm thinking at The Game Awards (like Spike VGA for full reveal of original).

Yeah the music gave it away easy.

I'll admit I wasn't sure since had no idea it was going to be revealed then. Was leaning towards Horizon, and Kratos' kid also threw me off at first.

Can't wait to hear the new engine sounds.

Will do my best to record the sounds from TV, headphone, or even line-in if they let me!

Holy shit! did not know capcom cup 2016 was going to be in Anaheim this year! Who's going?!

Ummm, are you going to PlayStation Experience? Better get tickets ASAP if not (though Saturday only is sold out).

What time is the life conference? I work Saturday morning

Around 10am PST.

5olid_5nake

Any rumors about FF VII Remake? Somehow I think Kingdom Hearts being there is more likely, but I would love to see Tifa also, even as a concept art :p.

FelipeMGM

Can someone summarize the rumors about what we will see?

Uncharted 4 SP DLC
New Horizon Trailer
WipEout ''HD Collection''
MvC 4
TLoU 2 Teaser
Death Strending engine reveal

Of course there are other obvious stuff, but these are the rumors I remember from the top of my head

DKHF

Any rumors about FF VII Remake? Somehow I think Kingdom Hearts being there is more likely, but I would love to see Tifa also, even as a concept art :p.
There haven't been any about VII Remake (unless any insiders wanna drop a hint now) and I wouldn't expect it to show up since XV will have only been out for a few days and Square Enix will still be fully promoting that everywhere. Maybe Square won't care about that and show it anyway but I doubt it.

They asked if there have been any rumors about it showing up this year, not if there has been precedent for it showing up.
Oh yeah, dur. Sorry, I went to sleep super early and then woke up. Been thinking about PSX non-stop but should be asleep right now lol.

Driving down to SoCal tomorrow night!!

Ozorov

Uncharted 4 SP DLC
New Horizon Trailer
WipEout ''HD Collection''
MvC 4
TLoU 2 Teaser
Death Strending engine reveal

Of course there are other obvious stuff, but these are the rumors I remember from the top of my head
Where did the TLoU2 rumor come from?

DKHF

Shinobi teased the notion that it might be announced sooner than I believe E3 2017. Not necessarily a tease for PSX though, unless I'm not entirely up to date.
He also made a subtle hint it will show up at PSX specifically when he said this PSX will be better than "The last 2" PSXs capitalizing "the" in the middle of his sentence. And he went back and edited it to capitalize the "The" so it wasn't an error.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom