• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Experience 2016 Coming to Anaheim on December 3-4

Status
Not open for further replies.

zsynqx

I am so hyped right now that I need to make some kind of wishlist for TLOU2. Here I go:

1. Wide-linear approach with some fairly big areas (even bigger than UC4's), but still keeps it controlled to manage the pacing;

2. Adult Ellie as main character, more versatile and fast with a greater moveset of mechanics avaiable than Joel in the first game;

3. New enemy types, providing more variety for combat encounters, maybe even some infected animals like those early concept arts for the first game;

4. Doubles down on exploration to find resources, especially with the bigger areas, increasing the options for crafting and the overall variety of tools for combat;

5. Doubles down on in-game dialogue and world building via interactions with objects in the scenario and etc! Those moments were the best part of TLOU;

6. Get rid of the simplistic "push barrel to climb" and create some interesting environmental puzzles/traversal alternatives;

7. Story wise, I will just trust Neil. He will come up with something great.

Sounds good, but I hope it doesn't get too wide.

TLOU is a much slower game and with the scavenging aspect requiring you to be much more thorough, I could see it getting pretty tedious having to explore such large areas. It would also make it tougher for them to pack in as many cool little interactions with objects/characters when everything is so spread out.

So I hope they go for somewhere between TLOU 1 and Uncharted 4 levels of openness, with them pushing to make these areas as dense as possible with potential interactive moments.

Gradly

I don't think the announcement of TLoU2 is eminent because Neil Druckmann was busy with U4 and U4 DLC and Uncharted the live action movie, there is no room they can bring a great idea this fast.This game raised the bar and I don't see it as a simple thing to come up with a sequel that keeps this bar high.

If there is any it would be a teaser just to tell us that they are gonna do it

I don't think the announcement of TLoU2 is eminent because Neil Druckmann was busy with U4 and U4 DLC and Uncharted the live action movie, there is no room they can bring a great idea this fast.This game raised the bar and I don't see it as a simple thing to come up with a sequel that keeps this bar high.

Druckmann is not responsible for that, but for the TLOU Movie.
Also Druckman and Straley took over UnNcharted 4 in 2014 - so they had around 1 year time to gather ideas for TLOU 2

the Naughty Dog Team also got a lot bigger compared to the last gen - over 300 employees (in comparison 150 people were working on TLOU ) - i doubt the whole Studio was working on Uncharted 4

I believe they've been talking about "tossing around ideas for what to do next" for a significant while now.

Tried to ask this earlier but didn't really get an answer.

For people who have gone to one of the two previous ones:

Do they allow people on the showfloor and/or line up for stations and shops during the stage show? I'm trying to figure out if going to watch the Playstation Showcase in person will mean I'm going to miss out on buying limited things or getting to the front of the line for demos and whatnot.

Just_one

can i hope for a change in PS + ?

something like :

PS VR - 1 Game
PS4 - 3 Games
PS3 - 1 Game
PS VITA - 1 Game

they have to start to incorporate PS VR into PLUS somehow i think...

also im pretty sure PSN ID change is coming , Greg and Colin didnt mention it on their predictions this week so that they wouldnt leak it...

can i hope for a change in PS + ?

something like :

PS VR - 1 Game
PS4 - 3 Games
PS3 - 1 Game
PS VITA - 1 Game

they have to start to incorporate PS VR into PLUS somehow i think...

also im pretty sure PSN ID change is coming , Greg and Colin didnt mention it on their predictions this week so that they wouldnt leak it...

No way they're going to start giving away PSVR software so soon - we still haven't consistently got retail releases on the system yet for this gen!

Memento

Sounds good, but I hope it doesn't get too wide.

TLOU is a much slower game and with the scavenging aspect requiring you to be much more thorough, I could see it getting pretty tedious having to explore such large areas. It would also make it tougher for them to pack in as many cool little interactions with objects/characters when everything is so spread out.

So I hope they go for somewhere between TLOU 1 and Uncharted 4 levels of openness, with them pushing to make these areas as dense as possible with potential interactive moments.

I guess that could definitely be a problem, yeah. I would rather have density over too much openess too.

Do they allow people on the showfloor and/or line up for stations and shops during the stage show? I'm trying to figure out if going to watch the Playstation Showcase in person will mean I'm going to miss out on buying limited things or getting to the front of the line for demos and whatnot.

Exhibit hall opens an hour after the showcase starts. You could probably wait in line in front of the exhibit hall to gain a tiny advantage but that's about it.

Exhibit hall opens an hour after the showcase starts. You could probably wait in line in front of the exhibit hall to gain a tiny advantage but that's about it.

Great! I'll be able to wait in the showcase line without worrying about the showfloor stuff then.

Thanks for the response and looking forward to going to your booth! Can't wait to try CSH!

So no God of War or Spider-Man. Wonder what new things they'll show.

There will be Spider-Man...

in MvC4

Raylan

Banned
ae0a8b-1480537130.png

=)

I'm definitely excited to see what engine it is but damn I wish there was someway he could have retained the FOX engine

As a surprise to everyone, Kojima never left Konami and has been hard at work on Metal Gear 6. His entire relationship with Sony was created in the Fox Engine.

Goofing around aside, I just want to see if good ol' Madds is actually part of Death Stranding. The man is terrifying enough in real life, I can't imagine him in a game.

Shin-Ra

You say that as a joke. But when Kojima announced more details on Death Stranding at TGS, Eurogamer reported through its sources it was on the Dreams engine. Can't find the link, but it's a possibility.
Dreams' WIP engine (BubbleBath) is so dramatically different to other AAA game engines, with only a small team at Mm able to provide support (and developing their own games) I don't think it'd be conducive to an efficient development process for Kojima Productions.

Boke1879

Dreams' engine (BubbleBath) is so dramatically different to other AAA game engines, with only a small team at Mm able to provide support (and developing their own games) I don't think it'd be conducive to an efficient development process for Kojima Productions.

To be fair Death Stranding itself seems like a strange and abstract concept. Would be interesting if true to see what Kojima could do with the Dreams engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom