• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Ireland clarifies tweet: ''N. Sane Trilogy will be coming to PS4 first''

Son Of D

So a version for Switch is possible?

Or are they talking about PS Vita? I'm fine with that, too.

Does the Vita have any of the Skylanders games? I know it's not the best thing to use to decide a Vita port but if they won't port Skylanders I can't see them porting Crash.

Maybe NA will finally get the PS1 games playable on Vita.

EvB

The amount of people who are aware of this game must be surprisingly high for CRASH. This is still Crash and it beats other pre-orders too.

Those charts are based upon click-through a in a specific time frame. It doesn't mean that crash has more preorders than anything else that is higher, just more preorders.

They are also produced using algorithmic prediction which isn't based purely on the number of times the buttons have been clicked

Mr-Joker

Banned
I freaking called it, it was so obvious that it was a timed exclusive despite some folks acting like it wasn't.

Like so:

I bought a PS4. So I'm invested in the PS brand.

I don't have an Xbox One. Therefore, I'm not invested in that brand.

People thinking they need to buy a PS4 to play the Crash remakes is better for me, because that means more money for the brand I'm invested in, and thus more/better services that brand can offer to me.

Crash remakes being available on XB1/Switch (competitors) would mean less money for the brand I'm invested in, and more for the brands that I'm not. Not sure why I'd want that for these particular games.

Financially, some games are better off as exclusives. Gears being kept exclusive to 360 when going multi platform was an option is a good example of this.

Basic economics really, but uh, I guess "fanboy" is easier for children to grasp

What utter nonsense drivel to try and hide the fact that you are a fanboy.

"being invested" my arse.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The best thing about this is a pc version, imagine putting back inold textures and sounds! Hnnng.

A classic texture mod would be neat but probably depends on how closely the level geometry mirrors that of the original. The original geometry data is just being used as a guide, not as foundations, so there may be some differences here and there.

Trey

So some of you believe this tweet but brushed aside the one that called it an exclusive? :p

Probably because all signs point to this being the reality and not the N.sane trilogy being exclusive even though neither Sony nor Activision has said as much. This being the corrected version only further solidifies the reasoning that the trilogy was timed.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
PC's fine I guess, but I hope this doesn't come to Xbox/Nintendo.

These particular games are so integral to PS' history that it'd be a terrible look for the brand if they were playable on competitor consoles. Same reason I'd prefer not to see Gears come to PlayStation (back when Epic owned the rights & that was totally possible).
God damn, that's a pretty pathetic mentality for an adult to have.

Like others I was always in the "Sony and Activision never actually said exclusive so it likely isn't" camp.

I'm definitely getting it on Switch day 1 if it does happen (I say the holidays).

One thing that always puzzled me regarding this whole thing with people saying Sony would fund Crash and whatnot; why would Sony invest in an family IP they don't even own when they have the literal successor to Crash that they DO own; Jak & Daxter?

Honestly I'd LOVE to see a legit revival of J&D (the first one is so good). I've said before that Insomniac should take a crack at the IP if ND doesn't want to (and it seems obvious to me that they absolutely do not ever want to make a cartoony game ever again).

Maxinas

PC's fine I guess, but I hope this doesn't come to Xbox/Nintendo.

These particular games are so integral to PS' history that it'd be a terrible look for the brand if they were playable on competitor consoles. Same reason I'd prefer not to see Gears come to PlayStation (back when Epic owned the rights & that was totally possible).

Console warriors ladies and gentlemen.

goldenpp72

woah, I just assumed it'd be exclusive since it's Crash

so PC seems most likely but would this come to Xbox One or Switch? that'd be wild. I guess I've already played a Crash game on Game Boy Advance so it's not too weird.

Did you miss that every single Crash game since the PS1 has been on multiple systems? There have been more 'mainline' Crash titles on other systems than there were exclusive ones. The figure would be 3 vs 4 I think, not counting spin offs to which there are way more.

maxcriden

People are realizing it was (briefly) a good series and not just a meme.

I remember the GBA games being good. I thought I'd read some of the later sixth gen games were also.

Edit: oh, just saw these posts:

Twinsanity was really good, and so were the GBA games. Mind over Mutant and Titans weren't bad either.

Yet, there was always this idea that the post-Naughty Dog games were all disasters. The first one maybe, and it was because they basically took the ND games and put them on bigger more open areas.

Hopefully people will play this ones, instead of avoiding them because of no Naughty Dog.

Twinsanity was okay, but it suffered heavily from very rushed development.

Wrath of Cortex and Nitro Kart were all sorts of pretty bad, though. They both felt extremely soulless. Never tried Radical games.

Thanks for the info!

phanphare

Banned
Did you miss that every single Crash game since the PS1 has been on multiple systems? There have been more 'mainline' Crash titles on other systems than there were exclusive ones. The figure would be 3 vs 4 I think, not counting spin offs to which there are way more.

yeah I know, like I said I've played Crash on Game Boy Advance

Hmm. Guess it may come to Xbox One and Switch after all, though I'm still doubtful. Wouldn't be surprised if it's a console exclusive and is released for the PC; like Street Fighter V and Nier: Automata.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
there it is. With acti involved, i expected so. However, it does beg the question of what platforms it will be going to next?

Can't say i'm interested it anywhere else but PS, but i bet some people would love this on the switch

Gestault

It's hard not to read into people basically not realizing that the Crash series has existed longer as a multi-plat series than as a Playstation exclusive.

That said, the pedigree was super strong with the original three PSX titles. If the adaptation is solid, people will love this.

shandy706

Like so:

I bought a PS4. So I'm invested in the PS brand.

I don't have an Xbox One. Therefore, I'm not invested in that brand.

People thinking they need to buy a PS4 to play the Crash remakes is better for me, because that means more money for the brand I'm invested in, and thus more/better services that brand can offer to me.

Crash remakes being available on XB1/Switch (competitors) would mean less money for the brand I'm invested in, and more for the brands that I'm not. Not sure why I'd want that for these particular games.

Financially, some games are better off as exclusives. Gears being kept exclusive to 360 when going multi platform was an option is a good example of this.

Basic economics really, but uh, I guess "fanboy" is easier for children to grasp

"Children"?

Us adults can afford to buy all the hardware we want. I don't "invest" in one company with video games and HOPE I get something. I have a gaming PC, PS4, Xbox One, and multiple pieces of Nintendo Hardware.

I'm all for every game coming out on everything. That's not happening, but I'd never cheer against it.

farisr

The best thing about this is a pc version, imagine putting back inold textures and sounds! Hnnng.
I'm excited for the PC version mainly for what happens after this game is released. Like, people do some ridiculous things with games, creating entire new campaigns and what not. With the gameplay/animations what not having been carefully crafted already, I'd be interested to see if some talented fans tackle this game and try to create entirely new levels, or styles of levels that aren't necessarily as linear, but with this gameplay and see how it turns out.

Gestault

I'm all for every game coming out on everything. That's not happening, but I'd never cheer against it.

Exactly. The most recent "big" example I can think of was some reactions to previously PS2-only franchises showing up initially on 360. People were frustrated that more people were able to play games they enjoyed. It's not like you can even pin it down to any one crowd; some people are just holed-up in their own ego so much that they lose perspective on the hobby.

Yeah, it isn't out of realms of possibility that the multiplatform release would not come to PC due to being tied with NFC or suits just assuming there's no market here.

I was shocked activision didn't bring Destiny to PC. But maybe they had that old "hackers" excuse.

Crash won't have online stuff (except leaderboards? maybe? but those are hacked everywhere)

Rellik

"Children"?

Us adults can afford to buy all the hardware we want. I don't "invest" in one company with video games and HOPE I get something. I have a gaming PC, PS4, Xbox One, and multiple pieces of Nintendo Hardware.

Lol exactly. I can't believe these people exist. People who want something to be exclusive. Is this GAF or Gamefaqs?

I no longer own an Xbox One and won't own a Nintendo Switch but it doesn't mean I'm going to act a fanboy and say this can only be PlayStation and PC. I want this game on those systems I don't own so people with only those systems can also enjoy it, and so the game gets more sales.

But this thread is definitely doing a good job of filtering out people with this bizarre brand loyalty.

Son Of D

The reactions from some Sony fans here is really crazy. Is this the closest we've had to a "FFXIII goes multiplat" this gen?

Gestault

Hahahaha. Yeah, try that with children, a mortgage and everything else you have to pay for inbetween.

Not all of us adults can afford that, unless you mean I should neglect my children to buy gaming related goods? Great example I'd set as a parent.

Myself and my fiancee are living on full time wages and can't afford a new game per month, let alone just going out and buying all the hardware we want. So don't talk wet.

I had hoped Crash was going to be am exclusive game because it's a heritage title. I grew up with it and it represented everything that playstation meant to me. I liked the idea that he would have a big come back on the platform he started on and from there future titles would be multiplatform, but what can you do right? If they're going to be released on multiple consoles then that's Activisions prerogative and clearly Sony couldn't money hat them enough to say this is for us. Partners they may be but fickle ones they are at Activision.

The simple fact is that I like exclusive content. It's necessary for systems to be successful, gives another USP to your platform and helps owners feel happier and more justified with their purchase. Standard stuff. To be it's a missed opportunity for Sony.

Obviously not everyone's expenses are the same, but acting like owning more than one game platform in the same generation is prohibitively expensive is a stretch from my experience. And doubly-so when it's the justification for what comes across as bitter resentment that games have a wider audience.

Eolz

The simple fact is that I like exclusive content. It's necessary for systems to be successful, gives another USP to your platform and helps owners feel happier and more justified with their purchase. Standard stuff. To be it's a missed opportunity for Sony.

While the first part is legit, let's not act like the PS4 needed that to be exclusive to be successful, and that (regular) owners are suddenly not as happy because it's not an exclusive.

Fbh

this wasn't known?.

Anyway , not surprising. No reason to keep it exclusive if Sony isn't developing or publishing it, and they haven't owned the IP for a long time.

Also LOL at those getting angry over this. The newest game of this remake came out almost 20 years ago, and for like 17 of those the franchise hasn't even been exclusive.
Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if the only reason this is being made is because they can sell it on every big platform.
Get mad if a recent exclusive goes multiplatform, not freaking Crash!!

Battlechili

Banned
I'd say "Awesome news! Now even more people will get to enjoy the game!"
But honestly I don't like Crash. Even hated it when I was a kid. Its WAY too linear.
But does any of that have any tangible, meaningful positive effect on you? All those things are just feelings of justification for owning a PS4. No actual physical effect on you that improves your experience as a consumer.
Does having less choices really help you any?

It's no big deal, it's likely to sell the most on PS4 anyway (for people that really care about that kind of thing) and it's good that people with platforms get to play these classic games too. People really get protective over exclusives.

Luminaire

I bet all the people from the previous thread that said something in the vein of "wait some of you really thought this wasn't exclusive? c'mon bruh" feel silly now
Not silly, per se.

It's more that it being exclusive is less of a surprise than it being multiplatform. But, overall I was wrong and I'm glad they clarified.

orochi91

This is just embarrassing.

They couldn't even lockdown an HD project (of their most famous gaming icon) to their own platform. Even they must have known how absurd that situation is, hence the total silence regarding potential platforms.

With this, alongside the NieR debacle, I just have to question wtf is up with Sony's current 3rd-party strategy; it reflects very poorly on them.

black070

They couldn't even lockdown an HD project (of their most famous gaming icon) to their own platform. Even they must have known how absurd that situation is, hence the total silence regarding potential platforms.

With this, alongside the NieR debacle, I just have to question wtf is up with Sony's current 3rd-party strategy; it reflects very poorly on them.

Does it ?

Dabanton

So more timed moneyhats from Sony. The hilarious thing is no one who writes about games I'd hesitate to call them journalists seemingly cares enough to ask straight up questions to Sony higher ups when situations like this pop up. Often Sony seems quite happy to let people think a game is exclusive even if it isn't.

As it is a very about turn from the heat MS used to rightfully get for doing the same thing. But there is a certain slyness to the way Sony does it that's a bit more distasteful.

VeeP

Sony shouldn't even bother trying to lock down Crash.

If it's coming to their system, that's good for them. Instead of spending money trying to get Activision to remaster Crash on their console, they should spend money and remaster other famous PS franchises they own. Ape Escape, Medieval, Legend of Dragoon, Twisted Metal 2, etc. We're already getting Parappa Remastered later this summer.

If people have fond memories of Crash, chances are they'll have fond memories of these games also, and will buy a Playstation for that (and for the great exclusives on the console i.e. Horizon, Uncharted 4, Infamous, Death Stranding, Detroit, Days Gone)

Top Bottom