• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Ireland clarifies tweet: ''N. Sane Trilogy will be coming to PS4 first''

Nzyme32

PC's fine I guess, but I hope this doesn't come to Xbox/Nintendo.

These particular games are so integral to PS' history that it'd be a terrible look for the brand if they were playable on competitor consoles. Same reason I'd prefer not to see Gears come to PlayStation (back when Epic owned the rights & that was totally possible).

Why even hope that? It does nothing to the "brand"

It makes a ton of business sense in the first place. How many PS1 era players that loved crash remain on Ps4, and how many are on other platforms now? If Sony are not willing to pay a high enough price for full exclusivity, then Activision will obviously take advantage of other platforms or other forms of exclusivity (timed console / timed only). I don't know what engine is being used either. If it is something like ue4 or unity, porting to different platforms is something more trivial

silva1991

People forget such classic games, and so quickly.....

hNgQB3JhvpXQ1BN-Z4oOelJ4-Oa1BUOx.jpg

Holy fuck what is this? kill it with fire.

Leyasu

Banned
Like so:

I bought a PS4. So I'm invested in the PS brand.

I don't have an Xbox One. Therefore, I'm not invested in that brand.

People thinking they need to buy a PS4 to play the Crash remakes is better for me, because that means more money for the brand I'm invested in, and thus more/better services that brand can offer to me.

Crash remakes being available on XB1/Switch (competitors) would mean less money for the brand I'm invested in, and more for the brands that I'm not. Not sure why I'd want that for these particular games.

Financially, some games are better off as exclusives. Gears being kept exclusive to 360 when going multi platform was an option is a good example of this.

Basic economics really, but uh, I guess "fanboy" is easier for children to grasp

Lol dear oh dear.. I sense a disturbance in the force.

Anyway, one would think that Activision would try and get crash and the cast into the minds of a new generation of gamers, then capitalise with a CTR HD reboot that full online plus a Mario kart battle mode as well.

ViviOggi

Like so:

People thinking they need to buy a PS4 to play the Crash remakes is better for me, because that means more money for the brand I'm invested in, and thus more/better services that brand can offer to me.

Crash remakes being available on XB1/Switch (competitors) would mean less money for the brand I'm invested in, and more for the brands that I'm not. Not sure why I'd want that for these particular games.

Financially, some games are better off as exclusives. Gears being kept exclusive to 360 when going multi platform was an option is a good example of this.

Basic economics really, but uh, I guess "fanboy" is easier for children to grasp
How much of that money are you actually seeing? Because lately it sure as hell seems to be going into 3rd party moneyhats rather than actual services like PSN

Shu is not your friend

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
PC's fine I guess, but I hope this doesn't come to Xbox/Nintendo.

These particular games are so integral to PS' history that it'd be a terrible look for the brand if they were playable on competitor consoles. Same reason I'd prefer not to see Gears come to PlayStation (back when Epic owned the rights & that was totally possible).

Ugh.

Chobel

Sony must be really pissed now, the person who tweeted the original tweet must ruined a bunch of their marketing plans lol

I firmly believe Crash is going to sell considerably more on PS4 than Xbox.

The brand is too strongly associated with PS.

Of course it will. Even if it weren't releasing first on PS4 it'd probably be at least a 70/30 split. Heck, I can see it selling more on Switch than Xbone.

Like so:

Lmao did you even read what you wrote before your last sentence?!

Repeat after me:

Crash has not been a PS exclusive-associated brand for years, and has actually had exclusive titles on non Sony platforms.

It's not hard to grasp (or is if you think buying a console means you've made an investment in the brand).

It's coming out on other platforms, sorry. And it'll probably sell pretty decently on those platforms, too.

Who does this save face with? lol. Implying it is timed exclusive when it isn't is likely to get them in MORE trouble with their bosses, not less.

With their followers and consumers. But you have a point about getting in more trouble if it's not a TE.

Given the fact they deleted the first tweet it's clear that they stated something they shouldn't have.
that first tweet got a lot of press, so it seems like they were told to delete it and now tweet something more correct.

I'm going to wait for an actual confirmation. That said, the more people that get to play the trilogy, the better.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Sony must be really pissed now, the person who tweeted the original tweet must ruined a bunch of their marketing plans lol

Looks like it's as I thought.

Activision doing a Diablo 3 again. Make no mention of Xbox One and just let it show up on shelves on release day.

Or timed exclusive. But we would have heard about timed by now. This seems more like Diablo 3.

Like so:

Holy shit, you seriously believe in what you wrote? Brand investor LMAO

Like so:

This should be a meme

AHA-Lambda

Now that we see that it is indeed timed, I must say I'm getting very tired over Sony's seeming trend of this obfuscation on exclusivity. It seems very deliberate.

From this, Nioh (many are still convinced it's timed), Nier 2's PC release confusion, inaccurate branding on PS4 boxes relating to the "only on PS4" tag

At least MS will be honest that something is a timed exclusive, but Sony seem to be making it difficult to determine

Seeing as how they have barely cared about Crash anyways I don't agree with you.
Barely cared...
they made 13 games! Activision clearly think something of crash or they wouldn't have made those games.
Not caring would be to buy the franchise, release one bad game and then give up. Or maybe not caring would be to sell the franchise in the first place.
They released lots of bad games but kept trying, they clearly took a break in order to re start the franchise and they deserve credit for doing so.
The more people get to play these games the better.

Now that we see that it is indeed timed, I must say I'm getting very tired over Sony's seeming trend of this obfuscation on exclusivity. It seems very deliberate.

From this, Nioh (many are still convinced it's timed), Nier 2's PC release confusion, inaccurate branding on PS4 boxes relating to the "only on PS4" tag

At least MS will be honest that something is a timed exclusive
L.o.l

They both suck

At least MS will be honest that something is a timed exclusive, but Sony seem to be making it difficult to determine

Sony sucks at this. And it's cause no one has called them out on their shit like people did with MS and RotR.

Useless labels, timed deals, it's all a confusing mess at times.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Looks like it's as I thought.

Activision doing a Diablo 3 again. Make no mention of Xbox One and just let it show up on shelves on release day.

Or timed exclusive. But we would have heard about timed by now. This seems more like Diablo 3.

Wait, did that really happen with Diablo 3?

Nzyme32

This whole announcing for PS4 first and keeping vague on exclusivity devs have been doing lately is very annoying. Guess sony is promoting this.

But it works very well, at least judging by the way people tend to handle that

So im taking this as I'll get to play this on Xbox.

Amazing

Probably. I think it's a fair assumption to this that they would be thrilled to tweet about it being console exclusive if it was, but here the choice of wording seems quite specific

Ms weren't very forthcoming with tomb raider, not sure about some others in the past. Although there was more clarity for dead rising 4 than other platforms I wouldn't exactly call them saints on the subject

Repeat after me:

Crash has not been a PS exclusive-associated brand for years, and has actually had exclusive titles on non Sony platforms.

It's not hard to grasp (or is if you think buying a console means you've made an investment in the brand).

There are just as almost as many exclusive Crash games on Nintendo platforms as the 4 on Playstation.

0345.jpg

19493front-2503.jpg

58617front-2474.jpg

latest

Ms weren't very forthcoming with tomb raider, not sure about some others in the past. Although there was more clarity for dead rising 4 than other platforms I wouldn't exactly call them saints on the subject
Capcom clarified Dead rising btw not Microsoft. Hell only one not playing this game right now is Nintendo (for now)

In ms case is more because they don't have a choice, when a game is not on ps4 both gamers and press demands to know if there's an exclusivity in place and if it's timed.

When it's exclusive for playstation the few that care is too little for them to bother so they go on.

*looks at publisher*
lol of course it'll be multiplatform at some point

It's all about money in the end , unless Sony paid for this games development it'll be on switch and Xbox one by the end of the year most likely

LMAO

There's a lotta people eating crow now

d484723500107de693a333a8271a81df.jpg

Someone told me to grow up when I explained that there's no why crash trilogy would end up on another platform
Welp.

Once again , it's a business, the point is to make money

Cerium

Like so:

What the fuck did I just read.

ViviOggi

This. MS are no saints, but people/press etc call them out for it much more.
Remember when MS was the most despicable company ever when they moneyhatted Titan fall yet somehow Sony's obvious moneyhat frenzy is met with denial and outrageous brand fantasies?

Chobel

Wait, did that really happen with Diablo 3?

Diablo 3 wasn't timed exclusive, but they behaved kinda this way by not mentioning Xbox versions at all until just before launch.

Heck I'm sure if it weren't for this fuck up of PS Ireland, they wouldn't have said anything till after launch.

Malcolm9

There are just as many exclusive Crash games on Nintendo platforms as the 4 on Playstation.

0345.jpg

19493front-2503.jpg

58617front-2474.jpg

latest

There's no denying that, I think it's more a case of the original trilogy being PS1 exclusive.

There's no harm in more people being able to play it though, the more the merrier as they say.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Remember when MS was the most despicable company ever when they moneyhatted Titan fall yet somehow Sony's obvious moneyhat frenzy is met with denial and outrageous brand fantasies?

IT'S A CONSPIRACY!
Fuck I'm tired by people thinking sony moneyhatting stuff is a conspiracy

Like so:

Are you for fucking real

Like so:

Let me guess you're an expert in Japanese culture as well?

Top Bottom