• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Ireland clarifies tweet: ''N. Sane Trilogy will be coming to PS4 first''

There are just as many exclusive Crash games on Nintendo platforms as the 4 on Playstation.

0345.jpg

19493front-2503.jpg

58617front-2474.jpg

latest

God the Crash/Spyro crossover games were hype as fuck

If both of these franchises experience a resurgence, then let's have a new one :D

jmga

Remember when MS was the most despicable company ever when they moneyhatted Titan fall yet somehow Sony's obvious moneyhat frenzy is met with denial and outrageous brand fantasies?

Microsoft needs to moneyhat because they are the losers of the generation.

Sony doesn't need it because they are the absolute winners.

Ganado

Like so:

I bought a PS4. So I'm invested in the PS brand.

I don't have an Xbox One. Therefore, I'm not invested in that brand.

People thinking they need to buy a PS4 to play the Crash remakes is better for me, because that means more money for the brand I'm invested in, and thus more/better services that brand can offer to me.

Crash remakes being available on XB1/Switch (competitors) would mean less money for the brand I'm invested in, and more for the brands that I'm not. Not sure why I'd want that for these particular games.

Financially, some games are better off as exclusives. Gears being kept exclusive to 360 when going multi platform was an option is a good example of this.

Basic economics really, but uh, I guess "fanboy" is easier for children to grasp

This is one of the most pathetic posts I've ever read here. Funny read though. Maybe you shouldn't buy it now to not support timed exclusives. Better show Sony that it should be all exclusive or nothing.

oh please spare us the "ms too" bullshit

if ms fails to explicitly state exclusivity people go apeshit

if sony does it you get a flock of people saying "good get", "they probably funded" or whatever crap excuse they can find
Yeah, I'm not a big fan of either Sony or MS, but those kinds of posts are also pathetic. Sony should also have to be more explicit about timed exclusives and what not, like DR4.

Expected. Lol at the partnering talk at PSX. Why waste money on timed exclusives is beyond me.

Why not fund a dead game like Ape Escape 4 for example?

Well, AE team are working on the legendary Knack 2 with Cerny, I doubt they will resurrect the series again because they become Knack team since the PS4 launch.

A(P)E E(S)CAPE (4) BELIEVE!

Vitanimus

Like so:

I bought a PS4. So I'm invested in the PS brand.

I don't have an Xbox One. Therefore, I'm not invested in that brand.

People thinking they need to buy a PS4 to play the Crash remakes is better for me, because that means more money for the brand I'm invested in, and thus more/better services that brand can offer to me.

Crash remakes being available on XB1/Switch (competitors) would mean less money for the brand I'm invested in, and more for the brands that I'm not. Not sure why I'd want that for these particular games.

Financially, some games are better off as exclusives. Gears being kept exclusive to 360 when going multi platform was an option is a good example of this.

Basic economics really, but uh, I guess "fanboy" is easier for children to grasp

iyCWTYP.gif

This is one hell of a warped point of view. Ever consider that Crash being on multiple platforms gives it a greater chance of success, thus giving Activision more reason to invest in the IP?
That isn't necessarily true.

Some games get more exposure (marketing) as exclusives than they would as multiplats, which heightens their chance of overall success.

It's pretty juvenile to think that a game being on as many platforms as possible guarantees the most success. Third party exclusives wouldn't exist if that were true.

Crash 1-3, CTR and Crash Bash are all PS1 exclusive. 5 games vs GBA/DS' 4 games.

You're correct. I've edited my response.

Crash Team Racing slipped mind. Though I actually own it on PSN and the two other kart racers. I remembered Crash Bash though that's one not on NA PSN.

Leyasu

Banned
Microsoft needs to moneyhat because they are the losers of the generation.

Sony doesn't need it because they are the absolute winners.

No, a moneyhat costs considerably less for Sony because of the Install base.The Xbox Install base is still significant enough to warrant the port.

Yet small enough that the cost of a moneyhat from Microsoft is prohibitive.

oh please spare us the "ms too" bullshit

if ms fails to explicitly state exclusivity people go apeshit

if sony does it you get a flock of people saying "good get", "they probably funded" or whatever crap excuse they can find
It's funny because all y'all are quoting that guy's fanboy ass post and than doing then falling into the same shit

Diablo 3 wasn't timed exclusive, but they behaved kinda this way by not mentioning Xbox versions at all until just before launch.

Heck I'm sure if it weren't for this fuck up of PS Ireland, they wouldn't have said anything till after launch.

Diablo 3 has the XB1 version announced like 3 months before launch IIRC.

bidguy

Banned

Some games get more exposure (marketing) as exclusives than they would as multiplats, which heightens their chance of overall success.

It's pretty juvenile to think that a game being on as many platforms as possible guarantees the most success. Third party exclusives wouldn't exist if that were true.

third party exclusives exist because of 3 reasons

1. moneyhat
2. fully funded
3. dev has no ressources

it has nothing to do with anything you wrote

Holy shit you are serious

Dude, being so emotionally attached to a brand isn't healthy, you realise this?

Sendou

Why did people assume it was going to be exclusive in the first place? Didn't really follow the game but I thought the genral consensus was that it was going to be a multi-platform release.

Kind of sad that the last time we saw Crash and Spyro together were the crossover games and the brief cameo in Twinsanity.

Spyro doesnt exist anymore hes dead.

I forgot about that cameo :eek: Twinsanity is so damn good

I'm holding out hope that Acti will maybe try a Spyro trilogy remaster after Skylanders dies and if the Crash remasters are successful (which I think they will be).

MKIL65

Well... That's pathetic. Can you not see how ignorant of a mindset this is?

Other brands deserves just as much investment

STGHMAAV

Banned
PlayStation Spain answered to a guy on twitter that it's a PS4 exclusive, after some minutes, the tweet was deleted, I supose this is more confirmation about Crash Trilogy being multi.

MUnited83

For you.
At least most people who were following Crash threads on GAF already knew.

It was blindingly obvious.
There were a couple of people that actually thought it was exclusive despite both Activision and Sony literally avoiding ever using that word when mentioning the game lol.

Capcom clarified Dead rising btw not Microsoft. Hell only one not playing this game right now is Nintendo (for now)

I mean, if MS had said "no you can't say anything" I doubt Capcom would've done it anyway. If they're doing a deal with MS presumably it's put in the deal when you can or can't say something

silva1991

Well, AE team are working on the legendary Knack 2 with Cerny, I doubt they will resurrect the series again because they become Knack team since the PS4 launch.

A(P)E E(S)CAPE (4) BELIEVE!

That was just an example of countless examples.

Bayonetta 3 by Kamiya himself would be sweet.

But who cares. let's just moneyhat another timed exclusive and make sure that people are confused about it.

Sendou

So is it console exclusive? Or is it gonna appear on the Switch?

If it's console exclusive they would say so. Console exclusive is almost as good as full-on exclusive if you look at their E3 conference for example. Probably going to be Switch/XBONE/PC

MUnited83

For you.

I don't think you know how third party exclusives actually work.

maxcriden

I firmly believe Crash is going to sell considerably more on PS4 than Xbox.

The brand is too strongly associated with PS.

I agree, but I think it may sell very well on Switch. Did the previous Crash do well on Nintendo systems? I know it had several exclusive handheld games. From what I recall mascot platformers, even non-Nintendo ones such as Sonic, tend to do particularly well on Nintendo platformers.

If it's console exclusive they would say so. Console exclusive is almost as good as full-on exclusive if you look at their E3 conference for example. Probably going to be Switch/XBONE/PC

Xbox and PC sure, Switch who knows. Some third party titles doesn't seem to make its way to Switch. This one would make sense but who knows.

So is it console exclusive? Or is it gonna appear on the Switch?

very likely switch and xbox this holiday.
Activision have no skylanders this year so need something out on those platforms over the holidays to appeal to the younger market.
If you remember, they recently put crash in skylanders for a very good reason.
Show those young players who crash is then next holiday they can all buy his game.

very likely switch and xbox this holiday.
Activision have no skylanders this year so need something out on those platforms over the holidays to appeal to the younger market.
If you remember, they recently put crash in skylanders for a very good reason.
Show those young players who crash is then next holiday they can all buy his game.

They got CoD and Destiny this fall though. Can see it being early 2018 for the other consoles.

Ruff

PC's fine I guess, but I hope this doesn't come to Xbox/Nintendo.

These particular games are so integral to PS' history that it'd be a terrible look for the brand if they were playable on competitor consoles. Same reason I'd prefer not to see Gears come to PlayStation (back when Epic owned the rights & that was totally possible).

I don't understand gamers who actively wish for other gamers to miss out on awesome games purely because of the hardware they have.

Hey he sounded pretty good

The voice itself wasn't bad, but the writing was sooooo bad (I know it's a kid's show but still)

Plus I think Crash is better off mostly silent with the occasional "woah"

Also gonna repeat that I would double dip the heck out of this on Switch. Crash 1-3 HD on the go would be so damn good.

Sendou

Xbox and PC sure, Switch who knows. Some third party titles doesn't seem to make its way to Switch. This one would make sense but who knows.

Oh yeah for sure PC is most likely and Switch the least likely. Just the fact that it's Activision (decently supportive of Nintendo consoles in past) and a 3D platformer with wide appeal to different age groups should make it a compelling ideal.

Top Bottom