• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Ireland clarifies tweet: ''N. Sane Trilogy will be coming to PS4 first''

jmartoine

Just those three, huh?

Explain MGS4, then.

rjT6Qnr.png

Production would have been cost prohibitive.

Xbox and PC sure, Switch who knows. Some third party titles doesn't seem to make its way to Switch. This one would make sense but who knows.

do people forget so easily.
skylanders imaginators, crash bandicoot toys also came to xbox and wii u, after a small timed exclusive deal with sony.

Activision put crash in there, on all platforms, so that this holiday all this young children will know exactly who crash is.
and this holiday the same thing, sony timed exclusive then xbox and nintendo after.

They got CoD and Destiny this fall though. Can see it being early 2018 for the other consoles.
C'mon, parents normally buy skylanders for their young children at christmas, no sane company would just pass on that opportunity.
Just how desperate are you that young children don't get to play this.
i've seen some mean posts on forums before but this is harsh, think of the young little ones for once.

Chrisdk

I wish this moneyhatting shit would go away. Paying for timed exclusives is just lame. I own both consoles, but sucks for people who only have one of them.

Jawmuncher

It's gonna hit Switch and Xbox one and probably pc.
Acti always seems to push the consoles first and then pc if it has the time resources. A lot of what can be classified kid fare usually never made it to pc.

Glad to see its not exclusive though.

Just those three, huh?

Explain MGS4, then.
Funny you asked about it, here is quote from Kojima:
"I'm sorry to say an Xbox 360 version isn't being released, because an Xbox 360 version of MGS4 hasn't gone on sale," Kojima told Kotaku. "To explain the situation, the amount of data in MGS4 is just too enormous."
"When it's the next console, maybe we can release it," added Kojima. "If we released a version on the Xbox 360 without MGS4, then it's not the Legacy Collection."

That's cool. I could definitely see myself double dipping on a theoretical switch version if the Ps4 version delivers and lives up to the current expectations. Is the game built using the Skylanders engine or is it totally new? They have variations of that on pretty much everything but pc

urge26

I wish this moneyhatting shit would go away. Paying for timed exclusives is just lame. I own both consoles, but sucks for people who only have one of them.

I'm fine with timed exclusives but situations like Destiny waiting one year on timed DLC is basically Bungie/Activision taking a big dump on part of their customer base.

jmga

It's gonna hit Switch and Xbox one and probably pc.
Acti always seems to push the consoles first and then pc if it has the time resources. A lot of what can be classified kid fare usually never made it to pc.

Glad to see its not exclusive though.

I think Skylanders haven't come to PC because of the extra resources needed to research and develop a driver + DRM for their toys system, something that isn't needed on consoles.

A game like this has no reason to not release on PC the same day as the other platforms.

black070

I'm fine with timed exclusives but situations like Destiny waiting one year on timed DLC is basically Bungie/Activision taking a big dump on part of their customer base.

I'd rather timed exclusive DLC that only a fraction of the audience cares about then timed exclusive releases. It doesn't really benefit anyone from a consumer standpoint.

Oh yeah for sure PC is most likely and Switch the least likely. Just the fact that it's Activision (decently supportive of Nintendo consoles in past) and a 3D platformer with wide appeal to different age groups should make it a compelling ideal.

Eh? What? Think you got PC and Switch the wrong way round there

urge26

I'd rather timed exclusive DLC that only a fraction of the audience cares about then timed exclusive releases. It doesn't really benefit anyone from a consumer standpoint.

My point being how long. 3-6 months is fine. But MS pulls the same shit, Rise of the Tomb Raider was fantastic and really should've been able to release on all platforms at launch.

Like so:

I bought a PS4. So I'm invested in the PS brand.

I don't have an Xbox One. Therefore, I'm not invested in that brand.

People thinking they need to buy a PS4 to play the Crash remakes is better for me, because that means more money for the brand I'm invested in, and thus more/better services that brand can offer to me.

Crash remakes being available on XB1/Switch (competitors) would mean less money for the brand I'm invested in, and more for the brands that I'm not. Not sure why I'd want that for these particular games.

Financially, some games are better off as exclusives. Gears being kept exclusive to 360 when going multi platform was an option is a good example of this.

Basic economics really, but uh, I guess "fanboy" is easier for children to grasp
This is sad,I'm glad I'm just a gamer and not a fanboy.

stenbumling

Unconfirmed Member
Activision just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about American culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in Japan where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in America, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the American public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy for either system, nor will they purchase any of Activision's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Activision has alienated an entire market with this move.

Activision, publicly apologize and cancel Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy for other systems or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Ruff

The game that didn't go to the 360 because it would require 7 discs? Not sure what your point is here, it had nothing to do with "hurr Durr going exclusive gives us more sales hurr durrrrrrrr".

Isn't a substantial amount of that 50GB+ disc space composed of uncompressed audio? I don't think it would have been a huge ask to throw some compression in it and fit it down to at least 2 discs without any real notice. If they really wanted to.

Also the idea that the game can only do well on PS4 is just, so unbelievably dense.

So Crash fans only exist on Sony platforms? In what reality is that even probable? The universe where people don't move on from one platform or expand to others even after decades?

I would think that Sony locked this up for a year, with Switch/XB1/PC coming next summer.

Look at the dates compared to last years skylanders crash bandicoot exclusivity with sony.
This year will be exactly the same.
Sony first then nintendo/xbox 3-4 months later.
Activision would be insane to pass up the holidays, unless sony gave them a lot of money but if it was a big timed exlusive, like a year, then sony would come out and say so.
but just like last year activision waited and then told everyone skylanders crash would be on xbox and nintendo a few months later.

PC's fine I guess, but I hope this doesn't come to Xbox/Nintendo.

These particular games are so integral to PS' history that it'd be a terrible look for the brand if they were playable on competitor consoles. Same reason I'd prefer not to see Gears come to PlayStation (back when Epic owned the rights & that was totally possible).
But:
Final Fantasy - Nintendo then ported to PSP and PS1
Metal Gear - MSX/NES - playable inside MGS
Dragon Quest - NES, hasn't appeared afaik but the series was inherently Nintendo. Now it's on PS4.

I don't think that anyone has a problem with these games or series' eventually landing on other platforms.

Surprised this is news to be honest.
Anyone with a brain would realise Activison would never limit the amount of cash they could rake in by restricting Crash remake to PS4.

Pretty sure you'll be able to play this on a toaster in a years time.

Vinc

Good, everyone needs to play this! The more copies it sells, the more likely we are to see a brand new crash game from them, and maybe more $40 games!

timmyp53

Activision just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about American culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in Japan where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in America, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the American public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy for either system, nor will they purchase any of Activision's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Activision has alienated an entire market with this move.

Activision, publicly apologize and cancel Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy for other systems or you can kiss your business goodbye.
Too much. No one will fall for this.

Maxrunner

Like so:

I bought a PS4. So I'm invested in the PS brand.

I don't have an Xbox One. Therefore, I'm not invested in that brand.

People thinking they need to buy a PS4 to play the Crash remakes is better for me, because that means more money for the brand I'm invested in, and thus more/better services that brand can offer to me.

Crash remakes being available on XB1/Switch (competitors) would mean less money for the brand I'm invested in, and more for the brands that I'm not. Not sure why I'd want that for these particular games.

Financially, some games are better off as exclusives. Gears being kept exclusive to 360 when going multi platform was an option is a good example of this.

Basic economics really, but uh, I guess "fanboy" is easier for children to grasp

Now I hope the other versions have exclusive content.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
MGS4 was probably not a good candidate for porting based on the cost of porting it (and rewriting the engine for a completely different console architecture with a different set of development tools), even if they had compressed the audio and texture data. The fact that MGSV did come to 360 and Xbone, and was running on an engine that was purposefully designed to be cross-platform, suggests to me that the chief reason was the cost of overcoming major technical hurdles.

marciocdb

Banned
This is very confusing.... I always thought Crash was exclusive to Sony...
So apparently Xbox One and Switch will get it too now?

Top Bottom