• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Ireland confirms Crash Bandicoot Trilogy is PS4 Exclusive

Jazzem

Never thought so many people cared about Crash. Unless this is more about PS4 not having another exclusive.

At this rate the trilogy should sell 1M copies.

They've never really done a nostalgically charged Crash release the way Mario and Sonic have multiple times, so I imagine this is playing to that demand very well.

MUnited83

For you.
Console debut means something but not exclusive... they were clear at announce... you can watch on YouTube how many times you want but some guys sees to hear "exclusive" out from no where.

PS. Funny my NiOH example was quoted by some guys but the same didn't happen with Bloodborne... weird.
NiOh is a third party game , owned by a third part, made by a third party, with a IP owned by a third party.

It's almost like your examples have nothing to do with each other.

Not only that, you got your image from one specific region box. Interestingly, it's present in both US and Europe boxes. So once again, terrible comparison.

JP

Jesus, if this thread was a sport.

animated-tennis-image-0041.gif

shandy706

Not shocking. Otherwise it would be weird!

Why would it be weird? Crash was exclusive on PS hardware for 4 years. It was a multiplatform series for the next 10 years.

Crash and Crash related games were released on the following hardware:

Game Boy Advance
GameCube
iOS
Mobile phones
N-Gage
Nintendo DS
PlayStation
PlayStation 2
PlayStation 3
PlayStation 4
PSP
Wii
Wii U
Xbox
Xbox 360
Xbox One
Zeebo

I wouldn't find it weird no matter what it came out on. In fact, it would be the norm for it to release everywhere. Some people just didn't play on all this hardware.
What's a Zeebo?

A lot of us played it first on PS hardware, myself included, but it was hardly exclusive in any way. It was multiplatform for more than twice the time it was exclusive.

Never thought so many people cared about Crash. Unless this is more about PS4 not having another exclusive.

At this rate the trilogy should sell 1M copies.

I don't understand the point of these accusations. These games are like 20 years old. A lot of people played them as kids and have moved to other systems since then. Is that particularly hard to believe?

Did you own any of the Crash Bandicoot games for other systems? I have a bunch of the GBA games for instance.

Kudo

NiOh, the game that Sony called console exclusive when it was announced and console exclusive when used on marketing materials?

Off-topic but: Actually this is partly wrong.
It still is "Only on Playstation" on all their websites and when they secured the publishing deal Team Ninja deleted their own English website for the game and just redirect to Playstation Nioh site. Console Exclusive was used at PSX15 and one email picture someone received last year.
Some stores show the "Only on" logo in the cover but the game cover doesn't have it outside Asia region as far as I know, so it's just a marketing mess in that sense.
Team Ninja themselves have been pretty clear about its exclusivity but seeing Koei Tecmo being positive about releasing games on other platforms too it wouldn't come as surprise to see it elsewhere later.

This is my mates tweet, yeah think it was clear it was an exclusive but the longer they went without saying it the more it sounded less likely to be exclusive. Glad someone let the cat out the bag finally.

On Demand

Banned
It should clear 1M quite easily imo. I'm expecting another Ratchet & Clank-esque success.

They've never really done a nostalgically charged Crash release the way Mario and Sonic have multiple times, so I imagine this is playing to that demand very well.

No doubt. It's just weird to me seeing this level of interest for other consoles.

I don't understand the point of these accusations. These games are like 20 years old. A lot of people played them as kids and have moved to other systems since then. Is that particularly hard to believe?

Did you own any of the Crash Bandicoot games for other systems? I have a bunch of the GBA games for instance.

Only played them on PS consoles. I really did not remember Crash being on that many systems. Even so, i associate the game with PS. As i'm sure many do.

Only played them on PS consoles. I really did not remember Crash being on that many systems. Even so, i associate the game with PS. As i'm sure many do.

Again that isn't the point. This accusatory none sense that people dont care about crash and dont want the PS4 to have another exclusive. What is the basis?

ethomaz

Banned
NiOh is a third party game , owned by a third part, made by a third party, with a IP owned by a third party.

It's almost like your examples have nothing to do with each other.

Not only that, you got your image from one specific region box. Interestingly, it's present in both US and Europe boxes. So once again, terrible comparison.
No.

My examples shows the lack of "Only on PlayStation" means nothing at all... the opposite is true too... there are games with "Only on PlayStation" that get released on non-PlayStation platform.

But if you read my first reply about the subject you will understand I guess.

Again deleting the tweet does not 100% mean it is not exclusive just means they should not have said it was exclusive at this point etc, or could be because its not exclusive will see if they contacted him.

Uhm yes it means exactly that. This social media accounts dont know anything. And someone who is involved probably told them to not spread false informations.

Awesome news. however it was quite obvious it would be PS4 Exklusive.

It wasnt back then and still isnt exclusive until said otherwise by the PUBLISHER aka Activision.

C4Lukins

I hope it eventually comes to XBOX. I loved the first two. Never got a chance to play the third. Also seems like its simple but satisfying mechanics should hold up well.

Are people actually interesting in playing this collection or just want/don't want another exclusive for the other team?

Why is this even important? It's crash remastered, it's coming to PS where majority of the fans originated and the franchise was created. If it comes to something else you own later, or at launch, buy it and enjoy it.

Honestly this is just kinda strange.

sense

Uhm yes it means exactly that. This social media accounts dont know anything. And someone who is involved probably told them to not spread false informations.

It wasnt back then and still isnt exclusive until said otherwise by the PUBLISHER aka Activision.
Or they told him/her that this is not supposed to be confirmed at this point. Obviously your version sounds more plausible

W.S.

Are people actually interesting in playing this collection or just want/don't want another exclusive for the other team?

Why is this even important? It's crash remastered, it's coming to PS where majority of the fans originated and the franchise was created. If it comes to something else you own later, or at launch, buy it and enjoy it.

Honestly this is just kinda strange.
It's a 3rd party owned IP previously put on multiple platforms, it's not that strange.

Zakalwe

Banned
This is my mates tweet, yeah think it was clear it was an exclusive but the longer they went without saying it the more it sounded less likely to be exclusive. Glad someone let the cat out the bag finally.

Tweet has gone, which means it was probably misinformation.

Tell your mate off for us please!

N.Domixis

Banned
Suprised so many crash fans don't own PlayStation, crash cemented me to the brand like a new born chick does to it's mother. Or is it people who don't want PS4 to get another exclusive?

Suprised so many crash fans don't own PlayStation, crash cemented me to the brand like a new born chick does to it's mother. Or is it people who don't want PS4 to get another exclusive?

Or maybe people arent closed minded and can see beyond the exclusive fanboy nonsense.

Crash wasnt exclusive for years now and that still will continue. Why not be happy that more people get to play this games?

N.Domixis

Banned
Or maybe people arent closed minded and can see beyond the exclusive fanboy nonsense.

Crash wasnt exclusive for years now and that still will continue. Why not be happy that more people get to play this games?
Crash cemented me to the PlayStation brand as my main, doesn't mean I skip out on other consoles for fanboy reasons.

RedStep

Crash cemented me to the PlayStation brand as my main, doesn't mean I skip out on other consoles for fanboy reasons.

Okay? The rest of us buy the products that make sense for us at the time (price, features, availability) instead of wearing a promise ring for a console manufacturer for 20 years. It makes business sense to extend the reach of your product.

VeeP

The game will probably release on all consoles. It's activision lol. But there's probably a timed exclusive with Sony. No big deal, more people get to play the greatness that is Crash 2 and 3. Shame they didn't add in CTR tho. That's the greatest kart racer of all time.

this thread is fucking weird

People trying to convince people that N Sane Trilogy will be exclusive to PS4 forever makes no sense. So yea, I agree. Weird thread.

It wasn't back then and still isn't multiplatform until said otherwise by the PUBLISHER aka Activision.

Okay? Point is that if a game isn't being touted as an exlusive it'll probably appear on other consoles at a later date. Activision is staying mum because their deal with Sony.

And as for "back then", Crash hasn't been a console exclusive for awhile now.

FelipeMGM

yeah I hope all this back and forth bs discussion means yall will buy the game, in whichever platform you want

We need to make them greenlight a new game folks

black070

Okay? Point is that if a game isn't being touted as an exlusive it'll probably appear on other consoles at a later date. Activision is staying mum because their deal with Sony.

No, the point is it's exclusive until it isn't - not the other way around as the poster I was replying to was inferring.

I will never understand those emotional feelings towards videogame brands and hardware platforms.

Is it not similar to pro sports fans? I cant explain why I cheer for the Ottawa senators yet I have for 20 years no matter who goes in or out from the organization.

Ive been a PlayStation fan and played on their platforms almost exclusively (mostly for budget reasons for many of those years) for just as long. I wont fight the battle but theres something inside of me that I cant explain that just makes me like them and their product more than the competitors. I dont see whats wrong with preferring one to another, or wanting them to "win".

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I hope this becomes the port begging thread so other Crash threads are more productive.
I'd rather this than to see shitposts when trying to have a decent discussion on a Crash thread.

Rest assured that mods will stamp out port begging and platform speculation in threads that don't call for it. It's rampant in this thread because the nature of the exclusivity is the topic of discussion -- it's not really port begging in the rule-infringing sense to say "I hope this comes to the Switch!" or whatever when the predominant discussion point is just how exclusive the game truly is.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Basically a rundown of what's happened.

-Crash appears on a road sign in a PS4 commercial and people lose their minds and start hoping Sony got the rights to Crash Bandicoot from Activision. Others remark it would be a waste of time for Sony and that Crash is a relic of the past and should stay there.

-Sean Layton teases everyone at PSX 2015 with the Crash Bandicoot shirt adding more fuel to the fire.

-Uncharted 4 has a playable Crash Bandicoot stage.

-Crash Bandicoot remasters announced for PS4 at Sony's E3 2016 conference.

-Shown again at PSX 2016 and named N' Sane Trilogy.

-Given a release date with only PS4 listed in the trailer.

-Immense port begging begins.

You should probably add that at no stage has it ever been confirmed as an exclusive. It's a fairly important point. I mean, the deleting of the tweet means 1 of 2 things.

1) It is exclusive but they're waiting to announce the exclusivity because reasons?

2) It's not exclusive

Top Bottom