• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Meeting 2013 Thread: Go Fourth

Bsigg12

Solid reveal as a whole. Thoroughly surprised by all the games shown. Can't wait for Microsoft's take.

God, I love me some next gen.

This is simultaneously the most amazing and underwhelming press conference I have ever seen. I don't know how they managed to accomplish that combination but they did.

Ploid 3.0

Started strong. It sucks that the Blizzard game is D3. It's not that horrible for a console game but the really have to tweak the loot and maybe act4. I'll be enough for a console game. The best console loot arpg was Sacred 2 right? Oh wellz.

nib95

Banned
I was expecting a teaser, they gave a full on show. Very impressed. Guess they're saving XIII Versus, Last Guardian, GT6, Naughty Dog game etc for E3. Or at least 1 or 2 or them.

Fact that they got games/demo's previously running on a GTX 680 running on the PS4 bodes extremely well.

The UI and OS functionality was amazing. Gave Vita a new lease of life too.

Still think KZ4 was the best looking of the night. That draw distance and city, mind boggling. I thought it was a cg trailer till he started playing.

Great night for Sony. Few iffy bits, but otherwise they smashed it. 8GB GDDR5 as well. Woo!

so can we assume this is one of the best and happily surprising console reveal in a while?

Seriously.. I do not not own consoles form this latest gen (PC here) and I was impressed. They seemed to have gone an extra mile

Realyn

well this was pretty shit. Hardware infos are good but the games ... meh, personally don't like Killzone.

What I would have wanted to see: Battlefield kinda modern-scifi shooter, Elder scrolls kinda game, Final Fantasy or some other 3rd party RPG(Lost Odyssey/Mistwalker comes to mind).

Pennywise

Started strong. It sucks that the Blizzard game is D3. It's not that horrible for a console game but the really have to tweak the loot and maybe act4. I'll be enough for a console game. The best console loot arpg was Sacred 2 right? Oh wellz.

It's a partnership.
Therefore we could expect some other titles as well.

Raxus

So Tech demos, Killzone, Infamous, no console. Guess I will wait for E3 but it was kind of meh considering my expectations...

DaBoss

They didn't show a lot of software, but it was still pretty good. I guess they're saving the bombs for E3. Biggest surprise for me was the fact that Destiny has exclusive content on Sony's consoles instead of Microsoft's.

Tagg9

I was expecting a teaser, they gave a full on show. Very impressed. Guess they're saving XIII Versus, Last Guardian, GT6, Naughty Dog game etc for E3. Or at least 1 or 2 or them.

Fact that they got games/demo's previously running on a GTX 680 running on the PS4 bodes extremely well.

The UI and OS functionality was amazing. Gave Vita a new lease of life too.

Still think KZ4 was the best looking of the night. That draw distance and city, mind boggling. I thought it was a cg trailer till he started playing.

Great night for Sony. Few iffy bits, but otherwise they smashed it. 8GB GDDR5 as well. Woo!

Haha.

amazing. all around. some amaze balls visuals.

I missed infamous because the feed went down. but wow

everything was A++++

The ram thing is also Wow. Just... wow

and KILLZONE's visuals shits all over Destiny

Cipherr

NEOGAF.COM THAT WAS SOME SHAMEFUL SHIT YO!

Jesus, GAF was inoperable for like 90% of that forcing me to discuss this on other inferior message boards.

antitrop

I guess we... start getting hyped for E3?

Although I'm sure Microsoft will be announcing their console in the next month or two, so there's that, too.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Hardware sounded brilliant, software was up/down but strong all the same, ruined only by over-exposed genres. Need a price and a launch but otherwise good.

meppi

Damn, that was very underwhelming. :-/

The only thing that remotely interests me is the Capcom game and we know little to nothing about it.

Looked forward to the "spiritual PGR successor", which in the end was nothing like the game I was hoping for.

If Microsoft's reveal will be this underwhelming I'm not going to buying any new hardware this year and perhaps not even till 2015.
After all the hype, I thought they might draw me back in, but all it did was make me doubt if this is really the jump we were expecting. Hardware seems nice I guess, but without the correct games, that means nothing.

At least D3 was on the publishers list, so it'll probably get EDF5 in the future. ;)

pulga

Banned
Well, that was underwhelming. Bunch of shit we already knew. Best thing was the 8GB surprise.

The Capcom game looked really nice, too!

Top Bottom