• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Meeting 2013 Thread: Go Fourth

RazorEdge

Banned
This is simultaneously the most amazing and underwhelming press conference I have ever seen. I don't know how they managed to accomplish that combination but they did.

That pretty much sums it up!
I'm very excited about the console, but I wished they will show more stuff.

And lol and SE, what the fuck?!

harmonize

Even if I discounted the massive amounts of hype that surrounded this event, I'd still consider it underwhelming. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but this certainly wasn't it.

Salvadora

I found it interesting that they spent so much time talking about specs and yet the games looked anything but fresh. More Killzone & Infamous which I have 0 interest in.

Hardware: 10/10
Software 6/10

I am VERY excited for E3. Very. And about the next Final Fantasy title, do you think the guy was refering to Versus or the next proper game, such as XV ?

The actual system stuff was cool.

But the games are meh.

Also a lot of stuff we still don't know about.

Or rather stuff I want to know about. Is it always online? Is it pay to play? No used games?

very meh.

also good job servers.

stay free

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
The PS4 hardware sounds INCREDIBLE. Really really impressed by the game Sony is talking.

Some nice software there too, would love to see more. Hype confirmed.

This reminds me a lot more of the mega hype leading into the PS2 rather than the wet blanket that was the PS3's hype.

Good conference. no look at the console is a HUGE bummer for me, and I expected a new IP from at least one of their big first part devs. But at least the features they talked about were fantastic, suspending, instant demos, uploading gameplay etc.

Frillen

I was expecting a teaser, they gave a full on show. Very impressed. Guess they're saving XIII Versus, Last Guardian, GT6, Naughty Dog game etc for E3. Or at least 1 or 2 or them.

Fact that they got games/demo's previously running on a GTX 680 running on the PS4 bodes extremely well.

The UI and OS functionality was amazing. Gave Vita a new lease of life too.

Still think KZ4 was the best looking of the night. That draw distance and city, mind boggling. I thought it was a cg trailer till he started playing.

Great night for Sony. Few iffy bits, but otherwise they smashed it. 8GB GDDR5 as well. Woo!

Do you work for Sony, seriously?

The Chef

Fantastic show. ZERO ps3/vita sales figures thank god.

8GB DDR5 Ram is freakin UNREAL
Cross play PS4 to VITA was insane.
Killzone, not surprisingly, looked like the most impressive gameplay I've ever seen.
and to top it off with Blizzard and Bungie.

Epic show Sony.
Now we need to start a new thread for the E3 countdown...

yon61

I knew Sony would under-deliver on the software side of things. The hardware is amazing, but without killer apps...

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Disappointed in the conference. Not from what they showed, that was expected. I wasn't expecting anything more than tech demos, teases of new IPs and name drops of Sonys 1st party games. Its what hasn't been said.
Whats the price? What are the features? Any BC at all? What about carrying over your PSN info from your PS3 acct? These are the things that would make me buy the system, not some creepy old man.

Famassu

PS4 seems fucking awesome. The UI & all the OS features seems simple & fast and the hardware seems to be a beast as well, based on everything shown.

Hardware was nice. 8gb, pc architecture, the whole nine yards.

Software was a mix of stuff we've already seen and the usual sequels.

I'll wait to see what MS shows but right now I don't see this as a day, month or even year 1 purchase. Once it hits its stride with software, like the 3DS is now, it has a ton of potential.

Vita I think is still in trouble. They announced nothing for it, other than you can stream PS4 games on it. If they really don't come out with any price cuts or game announcements by E3 then the thing will just become a zombie console. I doubt they'd just drop it since they're focusing on Vita-PS4 connectivity but it'll just hang around and not sell anything.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Not sure how to feel about this..certainly not a disaster like the Wii U reveals were, but I'm a bit underwhelmed at the end.

A lot will depend on the price IMO.

DaBoss

Funniest thing has to be the lack of Kaz. It pretty much happened like the Wii U re-reveal at E32012. Iwata didn't show up at all.

AHA-Lambda

I'm disappointed tbh

The hardware sounds really great, albeit probably pricey. But games wise? Nothing.

The best stuff on show was not exclusive. The first party/exclusive stuff was slim pickings really. You haven't convinced me Sony.

PS: I don't believe for a minute the Capcom demo was real time. Did Ono say it was?

Dunlop

Started really strong and then finished weak. Probably should have announed games/features in reverse order

I have also never seen the gaf website shit the bed so badly during any event (multiple E3's among them). Strong demand to see the next gen or technical issues?

The hardware really was amazing, but I didn't really see any titles that stick out yet. Out of live demos we saw, I really, really want Watch_Dogs, but that's not enough.

How in the world were people even able to post here? I couldn't get on here from the time they showed the PS4 logo till now.

oh well, I liked what I saw. Of course, with my current state of wealth, I'm probably only going to be able to afford one when they push out the "slim" version of the ps4.

:(

Top Bottom