• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Meeting 2013 Thread: Go Fourth

Karak

System stuff was cool but aside from Capcom. Not that awesome. But the hardware is there. They did seem to leave a lot more open space for MS than I ever expected for an early show.

Tunic

I wanted to see what the console looks like but it is a close guarantee they are waiting for E3 for that. Great potential though. Can't wait to find out more from all sides.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I knew there wouldn't be a price mention. I was surprised we didn't even get to look at the thing. I am disappointed Steam's logo didn't show up in the list.

charsace

I agree. I just wonder if this will affect Microsoft's console design if at all. Their ace in the hole was having twice the RAM even if it was slower. Unless they switched to faster RAM without us knowing it yet, they just got punked.

This conference shows that the leaked specs up until this point for next gen are old.

Well, that was underwhelming. Bunch of shit we already knew. Best thing was the 8GB surprise.

The Capcom game looked really nice, too!

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN EVERYTHING LEAKS. Its not Sony's fault, but ours for leaking everything. Everything gets spoiled. Leaks are awesome at the time, but your setting yourself up for disappointment later. The 8GB thing did leak, but it was a surprise because no one believed it was possible(how is it possible?)This is what I said multiple times in this thread 5 hrs ago. Look at my post history.

I don't think this is what Sony-GAF was expecting. As a pc gamer, there was no generational leap in nothing that was announced. Again, the 8GB reveal was the true Megaton. I don't know how MS is going to respond, and even for Sony, I don't really know how they are going to keep the cost down. The system was already looking close to $499.

Having Blizzard on board is a great first step, but they really need Valve to make a strong argument for me as a pc gamer.

Now for total speculation, if MS has the GabeN on stage announcing HL3... oh man.

It's funny though that people are disappointed with the software shown. When most of us werent even expecting them to show ANY software.

No console though... BLUE BALLS! I NEED E3 NOW

Started strong and then went limp near the end. I'll need more info before I can get excited.

I also want to see what Microsoft rolls out too - regardless of the negatives. That'll help to solidify the direction of this gen and which direction I head toward.

iammeiam

So The Witness was the only non-first-party PS4-exclusive announced? We truly have reached the age of first party + multiplats.

All in all, I just wanted one third party to have something really new and definite to show us. Or a Bayonetta 2 moment where something just wild and unexpected happens.

I guess Blizzard getting up on stage and talking about how awesome the PS3 version of Diablo 3 looks was unexpected.

Empty

i was incredibly impressed by the hardware. cerny's presentation won me over, the 8gb of ram sounds cray and all the gakai and social stuff is really interesting. remote play is fucking amazing. i like the controller too but wish we could see the hardware design.

software showing was poor. killzone lost its distinctive look and now is crysis, the infamous game didn't impress, i hate how all arcade racers are like forza horizon these days instead of unique like motorstorm. next gen witness, watch dogs and destiny are nice but known quantities to a certain extent. honestly if you told me those games were from microsoft i wouldn't blink, which is not great given how good sony can be. hopefully they do better here at e3.

Bloodsent

I am cautiously excited, as an Xbox 360 fan. Not sure if the focus on games is just "knowing your audience" for this reveal, or if it is really what they want to do (as opposed to an entertainment box). Obviously things can change between now and release, and when the curtain is pulled back the honeymoon may be over, but I still think this is a great first look.

Your move, Microsoft. Show me that you still plan on giving gamers your attention, and if your hardware is up to the challenge.

You can see the power of this system, just look at some of the stuff they showed, pretty awesome, dont know how you can be let down here, they showed off some great things here.

MasLegio

Banned
This is a gif

I know, I know

but this had to be done...

and is a comment of the absence of The Holy One

sorry if it has been done already

wsaGtMX.png

baylon452

Neo Member
Pretty sure that was a triangle.

Yes you are correct, my mistake. Least I wasn't the only one who saw an A, I blame the stream quality.

Overall I enjoyed this reveal, but I would have liked a look at the console itself. I can understand them wanting to leave some things till E3 though.

Vandiger

Games will look great, the network services look to be vastly upgraded, DS4 looked refined. PS4 met my expectations. Blizzard on board is a surprise. I might get Diablo 3 if it plays much better on the console with remote play included.

I like the controller sharing capabilties and the streaming thing (the most interesting thing in the whole conference). The games were ok.

But lol at all the noegaf Kaz Hirai hype, with all the gifs and avatars, and he never appearing in the show (I never understand it, he doesnt have a lot of presence, dont know his capabilites of being the big boos though, but as stage prescence, he is not really that good)
You will need to get a different hero it seems.

lupinko

Very MEH on the whole thing. Knack looks like a game for children, Killzone looked boring as hell, not enough footage of the racing game...and that was about it for the first party games.

Things like having someone play my game doesn't sound cool, the sharing of footage is really cool though.

They needed some footage of some amazing playing first party game but that didn't happen.

image.php

Ath

I think on that showing, the Playstation 4 has a lot of potential. However I want to see more and more games before considering buying one on launch. Also loads of questions still remain like region locking, whether the thing will actually make it to Europe for 2013 and what the actual box looks like! I wasn't expecting all those to be answered to be fair so I'm reasonably satisfied by what I saw, though not really blown away. Just keep on announcing and showing games Sony.

jackdoe

All the technical potential is exciting, but the software presentations really became boring. The Naughty Dog and Sony Santa Monica absences made sense though. They have blockbuster PS3 games coming out in the next few months after all and they don't want to put attention away from those titles.

I was pleased overall. Not suprised we didn't see the console given how leaky them Chinese factorys can be ;) and id rather see whats going to be on it rather the thing itself.

ironcreed

Banned
As an opening salvo, Sony dropped a nuclear bomb. Live demos, amazing looking exclusives and third party games, amazing features and killer hardware that developers love. What more could anyone who loves games want?

Hex

Banned
Exceeded my expectations and I have to think that it met or exceeded any realistic expectations.
Specs are fantastic, developers already on board are fantastic, feature set is fantastic.
I can not wait for E3.
Sony was smart to save some things for E3.

no kaz, no console, no naughty dog, no polyphony...All i heard was, EVERYTHING IS CONNECTED GUYS....

so disappoint..even when i wasn't too hyped, i wonder what happened to the other guys who were making gifs and shit

I don't get it... what the heck was "underwhelming" about the presentation? It was amazing from start to finish. And the games showcased looked fantastic with a clear step up from current-gen.

People seem to be forgetting that the demos shown today were running on GTX 680s last E3. That is amazing by itself!

Like others here have said, the hardware is excellent. 5Gb DDR5 RAM, remote play, and Gaikai are all major bullet points. But the software is a big lacking, though it is understandable because we could be nine months away from launch. Watch Dogs is going to be great and the tech demos were good but the other games need more time for development (obviously). I am ready for E3.

No Versus XIII, no Last Guardian, no KH3...

The line up seems pretty lame so far not many PS4 exclusives, most of the games being on PS3 too...

Hardware specs look good but I'm worried about the Team Viewer likething. Looks like open doors for hackers. The pre-downoload big browser system doesn't appeal to me at all.

Meh.

I guess I'll wait 2/3 years and substantial price drop before taking it, whatever the entry price will be.

Console features sound neat, although I'm not sure if I'll use a large portion of them. 3rd party games look great; Watch Dogs, and that Capcom game especially.

First party games look... okay I guess.

Lol at Squenix. Old tech demo and annoucement of an annoucement of a Final Fantasy game.

I hope we see some more innovation at E3...

Mononoke

Banned
All in all, I found this meeting to be boring. Way too much talking, and not in a good way. They had a habit of talking a lot about what they were going to show, and it was long winded. Was bummed that we didn't get to see the console itself, but I wasn't really expecting to see it. So that's okay.

But yeah, on the whole - I really liked a handful of games. Best feature to me was actually the start/resume feature. Points for 8gb of ram as well. I'm actually kind of skeptical about the streaming service. Because Sony has a habit of promising "features" in the future. And then taking forever to roll it out. So I'm kind of afraid that a lot of the awesome Sony Cloud stuff, won't really be implemented until 3 years into the console's life cycle. I was sort of hoping it would have been more concrete and fleshed out.

Graphics looked good, but nothing IMO touched some of what PC games can do on ultra (like Crysis 3). Which was kind of a bummer. But again, I. these are demos. And II. It's the beginning of the console cycle. What matters is, they definitely looked better than current consoles.

So yeah, this pretty much just told us what we already knew from the leaks. The conference itself felt bloated, and oddly paced. Who's decision was it, to reserve a primetime spot for Diablo 3? Really? lol

Spat_triate

I'm very happy with what I saw. The system is beastly and looks to cater the needs of the gamer. I'm gonna wait for E3, but based on Microsoft's trajectory, Sony's going to be getting my money this generation.

I still can't believe 8gb DDR5. Holy shit.

Further thoughts: Killzone looked alright, but not really that impressive.

Diablo 3? ineveraskedforthis.gif

Bungie really really needs some new animators.

Nekki

I didn't like most of the games shown. Watch_Dogs and Deep looked awesome though!! I hope this console doesn't require always online stuff though.

DasMarcos

Banned
Console will have great specs but for a heavy price of course. I loved most of the software I saw but most of it was prerendered nonsense so overall I am very mixed. I should have known this would be more fluff.

Top Bottom