• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Meeting trailer: See the Future. Feb. 20th [Will Be Livestreamed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Just as a comparison to the blue color (and typeface), the original PS3 brand guidelines (from a PDF SCEA released in 2006):

logocolor6zul6.png
Quoted for size.

Violater

I don't want to derail into doritosgate, but I found that whole thing to be pointless.
Sponsors and advertisements are needed to keep these gaming sites that we all (love/love to hate) up and running.

yes the quip by fake Kaz is funny but not enough to be quoted 10 times on every page with little imput to the actual thread topic. Now I am guilty of the same thing I found pointless so carry on.

I don't want to derail into doritosgate, but I found that whole thing to be pointless.
Sponsors and advertisements are needed to keep these gaming sites that we all (love/love to hate) up and running.

yes the quip by fake Kaz is funny but not enough to be quoted 10 times on every page with little imput to the actual thread topic. Now I am guilty of the same thing I found pointless so carry on.

Are you secretly Geoff? Did that burn hurt you a little too much?

At least make it look less pathetic, we have marketing teams for that right?

Pojo_King

Neo Member
Back on topic

I think the sharing button might actually increase replay value for certain games. Namely fighting and sandbox. I can't wait to play Just cause 3 set up some crazy shit and then record it all and upload it instantly!

AS important as social networking is in the world today I think this is a great new venture for Sony.

Back on topic

I think the sharing button might actually increase replay value for certain games. Namely fighting and sandbox. I can't wait to play Just cause 3 set up some crazy shit and then record it all and upload it instantly!

AS important as social networking is in the world today I think this is a great new venture for Sony.

Exactly. Image Dark Souls 3 on the PS4. You're in an epic battle against an invader. After a scathing 10 minute battle, you vanquish him, hit a tiny button and BOOM! It's on YouTube in a matter of minutes.

Glorious.

Violater

Are you secretly Geoff? Did that burn hurt you a little too much?
You figured out my secret
KHA1Ujf.gif

Back on topic

Why does it have to be a dedicated button though, couldn't it just be the PS button with a sub menu?

Exactly. Image Dark Souls 3 on the PS4. You're in an epic battle against an invader. After a scathing 10 minute battle, you vanquish him, hit a tiny button and BOOM! It's on YouTube in a matter of minutes.

Glorious.

Imagine this being Dark Souls 2, with this exact process being demonstrated on the 20th.

Portugeezer

Gold Member
I just realized that EA said that we should expect some Battlefield 4 news in the upcoming months. I want them to announce next-gen Battlefield already!

They said in about 90 days some info will come, but I guess Sony could have a DLC deal like they did for BF3.

Can someone point me towards that thread someone recently made about what each of Sony's first party studios is up to?

I've searched like hell and I can't find it anywhere, but I know I just saw it weeks ago.

866.jpg

Maybe Gaikai will bring some of these plans to light.

Also, if they indeed show the PS4, I think they will show one game/demo with it. PlanetSide 2.

Imagine they say they will show a demo, and Planetside 2 loads up, looking as good as the PC version on a high end PC. They show the servers are shared with PC players and have people from SCEWWS and SOE are all connected and playing from various locations around the world, both from PS4 dev kits and from PCs. The gameplay is smooth and they show the player count is over 1000 people playing. They end the demo by saying, "the game will be pre installed with every new PS4 when it ships later this year".

Would be pretty awesome if so.

-Cwalat-

DSC06356_large_verge_medium_landscape.jpeg

Thank you my lord, for bestowing upon us all things that are good in this world and all the things that we ought to cherish. May his name be praised to the most sacred mountaintops and when praised you will know his divine glory.

The world will end if Kaz Hirai doesn't announce PS4 for this dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom