• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Move Thread: It Only Does Everything

Move confronts me with a serious problem: I have XMB folders for Demos (PSN), Demos (PS3), Games (PSN) etc. etc. and now I don't know if I should make new folders for the Move stuff. But I don't want too many folders and what should I do with games that support both Move and the DS3, or only the PSEye?? aaah

(only half-serious but my OCD is itching)

Also, EyePet didn't get patched in the sense of the word, the 2GB store download is the actual new game from the Move (3D) edition sitting in your XMB (you still need the disc though). I would need to put that alone in a "Games (PS3) [Move]" folder :lol

So I can buy a Move bundle at K-Mart and then turn around and use their $25 coupon to buy the Nav controller during the same visit?

Beer Monkey said:
So I can buy a Move bundle at K-Mart and then turn around and use their $25 coupon to buy the Nav controller during the same visit?
Occasionally in those cases you have to wait 4-8 hours to use the gift card. I have no idea if this is the case in this instance though.

Ristlager

Terrordactyl said:
Have you seen the footage of it? Giantbomb has a 20 min quicklook up. It looks pretty impressive imo (shockingly).

Hmmm, not sure what to think of Tiger until I get my move on friday, it sounds OK. I never play tour mode and only use the pros the majority of the time, so stats wont affect me.

I have seen that, but there was not any short game play, which is the most important part of the game. If john Daly just has one swing setting, and the rest is up to the player, then they have the golf game to get. If its good implemented, and it has enough features to make it last. I don't know if its bad programming or if the move isn't sensitive enough, but there are some very weird shit going on when you chip and pitch on TW.

Crisis

Banned
So I bought Tumble. And I really, really like it so far. It's one of the best uses of the Move controller that I've seen. The way it utilizes 3D space is super neat.

UFRA

UFRA said:
Question about Sports Champions if anyone knows...

For local multiplayer in games like Disc Golf or Bocce Ball, can 2 people play using the same Move controller? (i.e. Player 1 makes his shot, then gives the controller to Player 2 who makes his shot, then passes it back, etc.)

Or, for two players does it require two separate Move controllers? Obviously games like table tennis or the sword fighting requires two, but for games where it's turn based I was hoping I could get away with one since I was just planning to buy the Move and a Navi controller.

Quoted for new page.

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
Chao said:
Just got a PSmove + camera + demos.
What a crock of shit, I thought we would get a Move Sports bundle at least.

Did not open the box yet, I'm getting a bit of buyer's remorse, not sure if I should keep it.
Sell it to me(discount right...)!!! oh wait are u on the US???

UFRA

Stike said:
Turn-based multiplayer supports also having only one controller of course. You can pass it to your buddy on his turn.

Epic win. Thanks!

fuck-yea-man_design.png

Just tried the EyePet demo. It's pretty fucking fantastic. Will I miss out on anything if I buy the non-move version and apply the patch/download thing?

Chances of Hot Shots Golf and/or Hot Shots Tennis getting announced by SCEJ/Clap Hanz at TGS?

SolidusDave said:
Move confronts me with a serious problem: I have XMB folders for Demos (PSN), Demos (PS3), Games (PSN) etc. etc. and now I don't know if I should make new folders for the Move stuff. But I don't want too many folders and what should I do with games that support both Move and the DS3, or only the PSEye?? aaah

Off topic but how do you create custom folders on the PS3 XMB?

AranhaHunter said:
Chances of Hot Shots Golf and/or Hot Shots Tennis getting announced by SCEJ/Clap Hanz at TGS?

Off topic but how do you create custom folders on the PS3 XMB?
Press triangle on a game and enter the folder name in Information > Album. You have to do this on every game you want to have in that folder though.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
YianGaruga said:
Just tried the EyePet demo. It's pretty fucking fantastic. Will I miss out on anything if I buy the non-move version and apply the patch/download thing?

Shouldn't, other than the couple of gig the download will take up on your HDD

YianGaruga said:

I don't think someone has made a complete comparison yet.

From the description, the "PSN version" contains Move, 3D and the new toys (which are more fitting for holding the Move controller than the card).
I GUESS that they added some of the DLC for the retail Move version (like with HR) which consists exclusively of costumes, so no big loss if you just want the game for as cheap as possible NOW (£19.99 vs £7.99 on amazon, or wait for the Move edition to drop).

Torgo

UFRA said:
Question about Sports Champions if anyone knows...

For local multiplayer in games like Disc Golf or Bocce Ball, can 2 people play using the same Move controller? (i.e. Player 1 makes his shot, then gives the controller to Player 2 who makes his shot, then passes it back, etc.)

Or, for two players does it require two separate Move controllers? Obviously games like table tennis or the sword fighting requires two, but for games where it's turn based I was hoping I could get away with one since I was just planning to buy the Move and a Navi controller.

Yes, you can trade a single controller in Disc Golf, Bocce Ball, and I think Archery. Not sure about Gladiator Duel.

SolidusDave said:
I don't think someone has made a complete comparison yet.

From the description, the "PSN version" contains Move, 3D and the new toys (which are more fitting for holding the Move controller than the card).
I GUESS that they added some of the DLC for the retail Move version (like with HR) which consists exclusively of costumes, so no big loss if you just want the game for as cheap as possible NOW (£19.99 vs £7.99 on amazon, or wait for the Move edition to drop).
You have the game, right?
How long did it keep your attention? Assuming no little brother/sister, purely for your own enjoyment? Is there enough content beyond the novelty factor?

YianGaruga said:
Press triangle on a game and enter the folder name in Information > Album. You have to do this on every game you want to have in that folder though.

yup, though when you entered it once, it will auto-suggest it for the other files and you are done with like 3 clicks. If you want to change the folder name (or combine folders later on, you can make the changes for the folder itself which automatically updates all the games in it.

It requires your maintenance and a click&select-existing-folder option would be nicer, but at least it works and you can order them like you want to.
Now if only they would allow me to sort my games alphabetically like they do for videos...

YianGaruga said:
You have the game, right?
How long did it keep your attention? Assuming no little brother/sister, purely for your own enjoyment? Is there enough content beyond the novelty factor?

My main reason back then was to get the camera and a game for relatively cheap ^^

Of course this is not a game made for adults (w/o kids), so once you unlocked and tried everything (which takes several days though if you don't cheat with the internal clock), you probably will only touch it again if there is a kid in your house.
I think if you liked the demo, you should have enough motivation to test all the other things in this game. Especially if you see it more as a collection of fun tech demos and augmented reality.

edit: and it basically cost as much as a PSN game *shrugs*
more motivation:
dlixyc.jpg

Aru

Sorry if this question was already asked but... can we use the Navigation controller alone ? I'd like to play UT3 with it.

cakefoo

Beer Monkey said:
No, you have to use the coupon between 9/26-10/23.

Buy the Nav controller at full price, and then go back the 26th and buy another with the coupon for $5. Walk directly to the customer service desk and hand them that controller and give them the old receipt that shows you paid $30 for it.

It's like getting a price adjustment, but without the YMMV.

Man Sony fucked up with that demo starter disc.
Beat Sketcher won't even start and the Shoot has no aiming reticule.
I'm not the only one with these problems it seems...

cakefoo said:
Blunty3000 is an Australian Youtube vlogger and here's his take: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inWVkf4VzXs

This is a must-watch video, because he's so precise in his delivery (comedically and critically) and covers damn near every single aspect of the controller and the games.

Wow, great video. Really has me excited for the Move. I think I'll be getting it later this week ..

Damn you new tech hype! Damn you!!

Man

I had no problem with Beat demo. Shooter doesn't have aim but I assumed that was due to it being a light gun game.

Anyways. A day of Moving is over. Thing is brilliant! They really hit the spot with the design of the device. Plastic doesn't creak, the sphere color is pretty mesmerizing, Squeeze feels good (though more resisting then expected).

Tumble is great, it's kinda super impressive really. Just perfect spatial awareness on screen replicating everything I do in real life. Today. In my living room. Sci-fi stuff. All that in a cool wrapping.

Sport Champions is very fun and very solid. Could use some anti-aliasing. I'm going to go against some folks here and say that the Gladiator game is the most fun actually. I do real life jump attacks, 'Spartan - spear over shield' stabs and it's just really fun swinging at unshielded areas.
I was actually afraid at one point (playing Archery) that the move was as unreliable as the wiimote but that was because I calibrated my game standing and mid-game I sat down in my sofa and it became really hard to draw quiver. Once I stood up again it agreed to every finesse. Absolute positioning.

Flight Control HD is really fun as well. Hectic as hell actually (especially in two player mode) but overall just a streamlined and elegant game. Shame this is not coming to the US as I believe it's among the top five Move games out now.

SSJ1Goku

Banned
YianGaruga said:

For The Shoot I think that TTP said that when you go to calibrate the controller shoot the screen and THEN the reticule will show up, or something like that. I don't have the move yet so I can't confirm. Have you by any chance checked to see if there are any patches, I think someone confirmed a patch for The Shoot I think.

Belfast

YianGaruga said:

Aiming reticule is for pussies.

snap0212

Pro tip: Don't even try playing Hustle Kings if you have slightly shaky hands. :[ Does it feel too sensitive for anyone else? Even fine-tuning my shots doesn't really help.

SSJ1Goku said:
For The Shoot I think that TTP said that when you go to calibrate the controller shoot the screen and THEN the reticule will show up, or something like that. I don't have the move yet so I can't confirm. Have you by any chance checked to see if there are any patches, I think someone confirmed a patch for The Shoot I think.
I managed to get a reticule in the Shoot now, didn't install from the disc but downloaded the demo from the store this time. The game is unplayable without a reticule.

As for Beat Sketcher.. I have no idea what the problem is. I really want to play the game but nothing I try works. Pressing circle does nothing.

Another thing: When you use the Playstation Eye in the XMB settings the picture is good and clear, but in game (Kung Fu rider for example) it is grainy as fuck and has really bad quality. Is that supposed to be like that? The picures Kung Fu rider takes from you are completely useless.

reminder

Man, Disc Golf and Bocce are so addicting :lol I want to continue but it's time for bed already. :/

Tumble and the echochrome ii demo are fun, too. Move is great so far. :D

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
SSJ1Goku said:

Yeah. It's like the MAG calibration. No reticule is normal. That's the whole point of the calibration: to understand where the reticule should appear.

KAL2006

Banned
I was so tempted to get this, but my senses got to me telling me to wait for a killer app, by then it should at least get even cheaper (used or new). Also what the fuck Sony, I want a Wii Sports clone with online support.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
What was that site that sold UK cards and delivers the code instantly? I think I might jump on that for Flight Control HD.

KAL2006 said:
I was so tempted to get this, but my senses got to me telling me to wait for a killer app, by then it should at least get even cheaper (used or new). Also what the fuck Sony, I want a Wii Sports clone with online support.
LO-fucking-L. This is Sony. They never drop prices on their peripherals.

KAL2006

Banned
shagg_187 said:

Well, by then CeX should have the Move Starter pack used, and I have a £40 CeX voucher that needs to be used.

shagg_187 said:

Neither do MS and Nintendo.

But yeah, controllers don't get price drops. That's now basically a plus for me because it doesn't matter WHEN I buy one (so I ordered one for the launch if only to have it ready and to play all the demos and patched games).
Though I hope for a nice Move+game bundle or navi+move bundle in the future so I can buy a cheaper second Move controller.

TTP said:
Yeah. It's like the MAG calibration. No reticule is normal. That's the whole point of the calibration: to understand where the reticule should appear.
Well, I had no reticule AFTER I calibrated several times. I doubt that's normal. :)

Shurs

I picked up a UK PSN card and grabbed Flight Control HD. I also purchased Tumble from the US Store.

Now I just need my Starter Pack.

Shurs

Beer Monkey said:

NO!

The coupon that prints with the Move-related items won't be active until the 26th.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Gonna buy this tomorrow, kinda hyped even though I haven't studied it for shit!

I'm buying everything I can, that means the bundle (three games are supposed to follow with it, which ones?) and the navigator. God bless my money.

spwolf

I was suprised to see every fucking electronic store here in Croatia carrying move on the 15th (well at least in Zagreb). Sony isnt messing about this.

Top Bottom