• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Move Thread: It Only Does Everything

Oni Jazar

daoster said:
For me, I do think you need a handful of big games exclusively for the Move if you really want to push it as the next big thing. KZ3 and Socom 4 are looking to be sweet games, but...why should I buy Move for it, if I could use the normal controller (which might play better, anyways!)? Now, I'm glad that Sony hasn't forced their "big" titles to be Move-exclusive, but if Sony is really serious about the Move...I think they need at least one big game to be Move-exclusive, or get one of their developers to create a new franchise for the Move that would be the next big thing. Just my thoughts on that subject.

Move needs a "killer app" for lack of a better term. A well rounded and polished game that demonstrates the peripheral to the best of its ability. For all the crap that Kinect gets with its laughable titles I think Dance Central fills that role for them. I don't think Move really has that. Sports Champions looks to be the best title but it lacks presentation and polish. What is the big Move game coming out now or soon that not only shows the world what it can do put presents itself as a fully fledged and high profile title? Sorcery? Hopefully.

distrbnce

Banned
flyinpiranha said:
I'm all for the Move and all, getting 2 tomorrow ... but I almost had to look to see if your username was SonyPR.

lol, can't blame you... can't help it though, I'm just hyped and it just looks like it's turning out to be a nearly flawless strategy. They're really doing nothing wrong, unless, like some have voiced, you're concerned about them diverting resources... but... if Move is successful enough to hold it's own, then those resources will hopefully come from newly hired developers.

Carl

YianGaruga said:
There is a crosshair in the demo. Did you install from the disc? Download it from the store and you should have one.

Seems to be a problem with the demo somewhere. I played it fine earlier, but now when i boot it up i have no crosshair.

Weird stuff.

distrbnce

Banned
Carl said:
Seems to be a problem with the demo somewhere. I played it fine earlier, but now when i boot it up i have no crosshair.

Weird stuff.

Could it possibly vary by difficulty? Like the aim-line in the archery game? Though usually demos don't offer difficulties, might make a lot of sense in Move handicaps.

dk_

Carl said:

Weird stuff.
Same here! The third time I started it I suddenly had a crosshair.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
teiresias said:
So my starter pack is prepping to ship from Amazon, but I'm thinking of picking up an extra from a B&M store tomorrow, but what would people say is the most useful item at this point - a nav controller or a second Move?

If you've got other people to play with, I'd say a second move. Definitely.

If you want it more for single player stuff though, like RE5 or whatnot, the nav. But I'm not sure there's actually that many games that use a DS3 or nav controller?

Carl

distrbnce said:
Could it possibly vary by difficulty? Like the aim-line in the archery game? Though usually demos don't offer difficulties, might make a lot of sense in Move handicaps.

No, its before you even get to a menu

First thing it does is makes you calibrate. it then makes you shoot two targets and then i suppose it uses that infomation to work out where the reticule should be in relation to the position and trajectory of the controller.

Then it comes up with a screen where you test out the reticule, and can either carry on or re-calibrate. Only problem is...there is no reticule

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Hey guys, quick help needed. I bought the ball and the navigator (and camera), but isn't there a cable connecting the ball with the navigator? Because right now it says the ball is controller 5 and the navigator is controller 6... do I have to buy it separate?

Man

It's wireless.

Press the PS Button on it to activate it (first time using it ever you will have to pair it).

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Man said:
It's wireless.

Press the PS Button on it to activate it (first time using it ever you will have to pair it).
So it is supposed to be controller port 5 and 6?

distrbnce

Banned
Yoshichan said:
So it is supposed to be controller port 5 and 6?

I can't say for sure... but I don't see why they wouldn't be, as they're two separate Bluetooth devices.

EDIT: Oh, you're probably confused about why 5 and 6... Are you sure no other controllers are on? Do you have any Rockband instruments plugged in?

Majine

Banned
Is there any button command so that the light on the controller circles through all the colors, without playing any game? :lol I need to know!

Yoshichan

Fuck me I'm so fucking impressed with some of the games. I was skeptical at first but OMG

Majine said:
Is there any button command so that the light on the controller circles through all the colors, without playing any game? :lol I need to know!

The SCEJ presenter at the Sony conference last night managed to get it to do this. He might have had a special Move though.

Majine

Banned
Galvanise_ said:
The SCEJ presenter at the Sony conference last night managed to get it to do this. He might have had a special Move though.
Eh, I just started Tumble, and got my disco lights!

Galvanise_ said:

The color was clearly being controlled by his jacket buttons, which is why he kept fumbling with them.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Concept17 said:
Man this guy is obnoxious.

The controls don't seem bad at all. Wasn't it IGN that mentioned they were crap?

IIRC they didn't say they were crap per se, but didn't work as well with RE5 as 4. They're basically the same as RE4 Wii. YMMV I guess.

dofry

That's "Dr." dofry to you.
Stupid question but is the patch for RE5 already out worldwide (Europe)? I mean do I have to sprint to the game store tomorrow to trade the regular copy for the Gold edition? And does it cost extra to get Move support?

MrPliskin

Banned
dofry said:
Stupid question but is the patch for RE5 already out worldwide (Europe)? I mean do I have to sprint to the game store tomorrow to trade the regular copy for the Gold edition? And does it cost extra to get Move support?

The move support is free, so no extra cost, and I do believe the patch is already out (but I don't know about world wide).

The two things I want to know is about multiplayer (split screen) and if this version will let me play online with people who have the standard edition.

dofry

That's "Dr." dofry to you.
Thanks. Free is nice. I so hope co-op with a regular edition is possible because all it has to do is output basic data.

wallbc01

Neo Member
i think im gonna try to go to kmart tomorrow and pick up the sports champion bundle to get the $25 credit and go to gamestop and use my $30 on edge card to get 2nd move controller.

Every store in Toronto that I've been to (Best Buy. Future Shop, EB) have broken the street date for the games and pheripherals. The controllers are not on display but the mock boxes are there. Also, mock boxes of Littlebigplanet2, Sly trilogy and many more anticipated games with move support are available.

Also, those in Toronto that are planning to buy 2 or more controllers, buy it from Toys R Us for they have a "Buy 2 PS3 accessories $34.99 and up, and get $20 off". Pretty good deal, IMO for I am going to take advantage of it.

Stampy

I am just wondering if right handed people in Table Tennis are managing to place a strong shot (flaming ball) in the right corner with a forehand. No matter how much I try, I can't seem to make the ball go to the right corner when placing strong balls (or for that matter, for a flaming ball to go to the left corner when doing a backend). :/ Is it just me and my incorrect hand motion, or the Move doesn’t recognize such motion input?

Yoshichan

SERIOUSLY! This is the most accurate thing I've seen in my entire life. Better than anything I've done on mouse. There, I said it.

Corto

Stampy said:
I am just wondering if right handed people in Table Tennis are managing to place a strong shot (flaming ball) in the right corner with a forehand. No matter how much I try, I can't seem to make the ball go to the right corner when placing strong balls (or for that matter, for a flaming ball to go to the left corner when doing a backend). :/ Is it just me and my incorrect hand motion, or the Move doesn’t recognize such motion input?

It's dificult but I think it's more due to our incorrect hand motion as when performing a flaming shot the range of motion necessary to achieve it makes it more difficult to keep the move in a steady position to drive the ball to the right corner. I guess one of these plastic thingies would make it easier:

800495b.jpg

MrPliskin

Banned
drmcclin said:
yay minigames?

Why oh why can't they do a proper Ape Escape game? They were so awesome. Ape Escape was a great showcase for the Dual Shock, Ape Escape would've been a great showcase for the move.

So true. Unfortunately it's just a known franchise pushed into a minigame-esque type game (from what I've seen).

MrPliskin said:
What? No, anyone who owns RE5 Gold gets the update free, which is what he asked, at least that's what I thought he was asking. If he had to go get the game now because the patch was out, or wait until it was released, and if said patch was free.
Well it seems he only has the regular edition which was confirmed not to be getting the Move patch. Kinda sucks.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/07/26/resident-evil-5-gold-edition-to-get-move-patch-original-re5-ca/

(I don't know why Google keeps finding me Joystiq news articles.)

Loudninja

I NEED SCISSORS said:
Really Sony, really?

I was convinced this would be their answer to Mario Galaxy. Instead we get this mini-game waggle crap (that we already had two mediocre instalments of on PSP).

Huh what gave you that idea?

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
I've been keeping kind of aloof when it comes to move, but we have it my store, and have had them (the controllers) for a week at least, so I've had time to look at them longingly and wonder if I should buy them. I get the wands and nunchucks (or whatever name I'm supposed to call them by) at a pretty hefty discount, so I need some convincing.

GAF convince, me, what would I (an avid RPG and growing FPS lover) want with wands? And with me, my girlfriend and my roommate in the household, I would really like some sort of... Co-op experience as well. Give me some ideas while I read over the OP!

Top Bottom