• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | April 2015

What a day today have been.. Star Ocean and now this, what's next? The Last Guardian?

And the week just started. There's also the Iffy event on the 16th. It can only get better. The whole year so far has been pretty awesome with announcements and releases honestly.

...maybe I shouldn't be excited about it being sci fi then? I do like Xenosaga at least though, I don't mind convoluted but interesting but this sounds like just plain bad?

Well, it should be noted that 4 left an extremely bad taste in everyone's mouth. Rightfully so, as the game sucked. I liked 3, but there are mixed opinions on that. 1 and 2 are by far the most popular iterations. I thought people liked the PSP remakes, but then I saw on twitter earlier today that one of the remakes wasn't as good as the original (the first one I think? It's on RoyougaSaotome's twitter). But like Maid said, I'm not sure if those hold up as well.

Shizuka

More DRPGs are always welcome.
Just started Demon Gaze and I am enjoying it.

goodjob.gif

Kudo

And the week just started. There's also the Iffy event on the 16th. It can only get better. The whole year so far has been pretty awesome with announcements and releases honestly.

Is there any chance of Iffy announcing Makai Shin Trillion?
I agree, this year has been really good on us, and it's only April, I wonder what do they have for us at E3/TGS..

Li Kao

Just bought 60$ worth of psn cards. Now to bite on Samurai Warriors 4 or wait. THEY will evidently discount every games that interest me the minute I buy the game.
And yeah, I don't know who THEY are either.

Ventara

The L5 event was kinda disappointing, though. Or maybe lukewarm. I'm still sour that Fantasy Life 2 is now a mobile game.

Dungeon Travelers 2 is getting an US release, retail and digital
http://gematsu.com/2015/04/dungeon-travelers-2-coming-north-america-this-summer

ATLUS, so I'll probably just import to EU, which isn't even mentioned

Quoting myself, EU release is confirmed to be this fall by NISA. Yay!

I agree, this year has been really good on us, and it's only April, I wonder what do they have for us at E3/TGS..

I haven't followed Trillion that closely but I think there is. Even if it's not at that event I think there's a good chance it'll come here
The L5 event was kinda disappointing, though. Or maybe lukewarm. I'm still sour that Fantasy Life 2 is now a mobile game.
Overall I agree, buy hey, we're getting Yokai eventually. :) Let's focus on the positive things.

Glad I posted about localizations the other day only for more to be announced :p

I could do with a few more... especially since that IFI event is coming up ;)

Yasumi

Banned
Not a bad day for games. Taiko Vita announced (importing day 1), Dungeon Travelers localization, and PS3/PS4 Star Ocean 5. Excited for all three.

SerTapTap

How soon I couldn't guess, but I'm all but certain IFI will do Trillion. Can't imagine what else they'd even announce other than Neptunia since they only do CH games

Not a bad day for games. Taiko Vita announced (importing day 1), Dungeon Travelers localization, and PS3/PS4 Star Ocean 5. Excited for all three.

Yeah, today has been a great day for playstation fans. Definitely looking forward to Dungeon Travelers and Star Ocean 5.

Ondore

So is the "Flash Sale" tag showing up on the PSN web store like it is on mobile?

Clicking the link takes me to the same games as the last sale, but at regular price.

Li Kao

Just to be sure, I'm downloading Samurai Warriors 4, if I put the PS4 in rest mode the download will continue, right ?
Because for whatever reason I bought the game while the PS4 was in rest mode and not a single fuck was given. Power settings were wrong, I suppose I may have forgot to set up the setting in my US account.

Edit - Ffs, I knew it, I knew as soon as I hit the buy button there would be a flash sale. Fuuuuu-

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I really do hope Atlus would at least consider putting the dual voice option into this game.

Does Atlus ever censor game?

Too much work, too little payoff. The game has a ton of voice work in it and for the amount of characters and lines on top of the randomized chatter in the dungeons, voices in battle they would need a pretty large budget / dev time to get everything finished and working correctly for what is a fairly niche market.

Am still very impressed that they took the task to localize it since most def will be a pain in the ass. And there are specific features about the games design which had me pretty much certain that it would not be localized due to the work involved and going the subs only route makes me wonder how are they going to deal with those parts without looking half assed.

Chuy

I can't wait for "Spring Fever" to be over. Sales have been lame as hell.
Exactly what I was thinking.
How much longer for the spring fever sales? Forgot how long it was going for.

So is the "Flash Sale" tag showing up on the PSN web store like it is on mobile?

Clicking the link takes me to the same games as the last sale, but at regular price.
Ithe makes sense seeing since it's the second to last weekend of the month.
I look forward to it especially if it's like the last one

Maid

Banned
Too much work, too little payoff. The game has a ton of voice work in it and for the amount of characters and lines on top of the randomized chatter in the dungeons, voices in battle they would need a pretty large budget / dev time to get everything finished and working correctly for what is a fairly niche market.

Am still very impressed that they took the task to localize it since most def will be a pain in the ass. And there are specific features about the games design which had me pretty much certain that it would not be localized due to the work involved and going the subs only route makes me wonder how are they going to deal with those parts without looking half assed.

To be precise, when I heard Atlus I was worried that they would go with dub only.

Boy... These sales have not been very worthwhile (for me). Really hoping for a great Flash sale!

I am hoping that the Flash Sale is as good to me as last month's. But some of the games that really interest me at the moment would make more sense during a possible Golden Week Sale at the end of the month instead.

Shizuka

Well... Ive been been waiting for a Demon Gaze sale! But I really prefer to be all digital...
Decisions
someone will always complain

Post-game is limited and you can finish the entire game under 50 hours, replayability isn't a big deal, that's why I'd recommend a physical copy.

autoduelist

It's more a mistake to use a credit card at a retail store than PSN these days. I've had my CC info on PSN for years, yes the PSN hack happened, no issues beyond that. Long as it's not a debit card it's not a huge deal either, had unauthorized CC access a year ago, apparently due to a grocery store leak, had a new card in 24 hours and paid nothing. If you deleted your info I really wouldn't worry about it.

Seconded. They didn't even get anything useful in the 'hack', it was completely overblown. Everyone lost their shit because it took awhile to get back online, but that's because Sony and hired guns had to determine how the breach occurred, what exactly happened/was taken, and then had to implement better security from the ground up. I trust my CC there more than I do on sites that haven't been hacked (yet) because I know Sony has hired industry pros to make sure that never happens again.

Obviously, if you've got malware and spyware on your pc, or re-use the same simple pw everywhere, you are at risk for having your account (anywhere, not just PSN) hijacked, but that's a totally different thing.

As TapTap said, people feel 'safe' using their cc's at gas stations, diners, grocery stores, and chain stores and they're just as 'dangerous' -- either a shady clerk snatching your details, or, in the case of a place like Target, the big breach they had.

CC companies are extremely good at identifying and shutting down fraud quickly nowadays, and are easy to deal with in regards to getting fraudulent purchases removed. I'd say the only real issue would be account hijacking if you log in to the webstore with a malware'd computer... but assuming you take half-decent security precautions it's extremely low risk. And in this specific situation, where the details were only on for the time it took to purchase, it's 0 risk since even a hijack wouldn't be able to buy anything.

FDC1

A piece of the weekly update is already up on European stores including for Vita Titan Souls, Home and Alien Shooter

quabba

Post-game is limited and you can finish the entire game under 50 hours, replayability isn't a big deal, that's why I'd recommend a physical copy.

Bah started checkout but shipping cost turned me off. I thought play Asia used to have cheap shipping but cheapest was $7 US. Ill wait for digital sale.

Shizuka

Bah started checkout but shipping cost turned me off. I thought play Asia used to have cheap shipping but cheapest was $7 US. Ill wait for digital sale.

They used to have free shipping, it's a shame the shipping is that expensive everywhere around the globe.

Parakeetman

To be precise, when I heard Atlus I was worried that they would go with dub only.

While not the same its like Tears to Tiara 2 was subtitled only. That game also had an insane amount of voiced lines. More than most normal games. Though at least that game there is no real need to leave out any localized text due to everything being pretty much straight forward with how the game is designed.

Its good though that they are finding ways to reduce the production costs so that more titles can be brought over and thankfully the market, while it does make some noise still can accept it as it is and purchases the titles allowing for this trend to continue.

Omerta

I might have to bite on that grip too... I use a nyko smart clip and my ds4 but I have to switch account.

This would mean I could stay logged into my main account on my vita all the time!

Any word on price?

Parakeetman

Atlus stop giving me games that aren't Shining Resonance

Am curious who would bring that out considering its a SEGA title. As the US never got the other PSP titles right? Doesnt help to that Shining Resonance is a PS3 title, which the current voice of the market seems to have a large aversion to due to the PS4 being out... :/

Apparently Sony helped localize it for the Chinese market though.

I might have to bite on that grip too... I use a nyko smart clip and my ds4 but I have to switch account.

This would mean I could stay logged into my main account on my vita all the time!

Any word on price?

Price: US$ 32.99 (¥~3,927) from the link to the HP.

Top Bottom