• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | December 2016

ZeroAKA

otGA7M8.jpg

The PlayStation Network Thread is a monthly discussion thread for everything related to PlayStation systems, with a focus on PSN games and updates.

JHNpXIO.png

• Steep (PS4)
  • The Last Guardian (PS4)
  • Shantae: Half-Genie Hero (Vita, PS4)
Check the PS Blog “Store Update” posts for full details on weekly releases and sales (NA/EU).

qyRR4lM.png

Free games for PlayStation Plus subscribers this month:
  • Invisible, Inc., PS4
  • Stories: Path of Destinies, PS4
  • Hyper Void, PS3
  • Tiny Troopers Joint Ops, PS3, PS4, Vita
  • Color Guardians, PS Vita, PS4
  • VVVVVV, PS Vita

WQhwkXV.png

• Quote to view and add yourself to the PSNGAF friend list (hidden behind email tags).
  • PM me to get an invite to the VitaGAF Line group.
  • RK128 will be taking over the PSN thread starting in January. Please direct all complaintscommunication to him in the future.

Kudo

You'd think these threads would be lot more active with the amount of people who have Ps4s, but I guess most are content discussing in Gaming only.

Quoting myself from last thread:
Anybody here knowledgeable about the aftermarket for OG Ps4s? What price can I ask for my Glacier White with vertical stand, I feel like its worth than just normal black but that could be my emotional attachment.

The Last Guardian hype and happy holidays to all!

pariah164

Thank you for your service, Zero. One of your OTs was what convinced me to buy a Vita, so thank you times a hundred.

RK128, I have faith in you. You've been a positive influence in every PSN thread, and I look forward to your tenure as the OT runner.

RK128

Thank you for your service, Zero. One of your OTs was what convinced me to buy a Vita, so thank you times a hundred.

RK128, I have faith in you. You've been a positive influence in every PSN thread, and I look forward to your tenure as the OT runner.

Thank you Pariah :D! Been a bit busy but will try to post a lot when I take over the PSN Thread next year :).

ZeroAKA

11188002.png

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I feared that this wasn't going to be made lol, it's still too early for switch though :p

incpdo

Thanks for all the hard work Zero, i really appreciate the amount of time and dedication you put into this . I'm pretty sure RK will do an excellent work as well.

RK128

Hello everyone :).

I was quite happy with the PSX event today and will post some re-cap for news (includes non-PSX stuff too).
- Shantae Half Genie Hero is out to Early Access Backers and GameXplain released footage of the PC Version (Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sZej_eYH1E)
- Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy Officially Shown Off: Focus on Crash 1 for playable footage and trailer but will also remaster Crash 2 and 3 Warped.
- Uncharted 4 DLC and Last of Us 2 Announced
- Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite announced and UMvC3 out now for PS4: Mega Man X and Captain Marvel new-comers to MvC series!
- Ys Origins PS4 and Vita Port announced
- New trailers for indie games (Rain World for example) released
- Lara Croft GO, Genu Mark of the Wolf: Out Now for PS4 and Vita
- PaRapa The Rapper Demo Out Now: Remaster of PS1 Classic for PS4. LocoLoco and Patapon also getting remastered for PS4

Edit: There was ALOT more then the above list of course, but will come back with a later post. If you guys would be interested in a daily (or bi-daily) news recap for this thread, let me know :).

Saphirax

Hello everyone :).

I was quite happy with the PSX event today and will post some re-cap for news (includes non-PSX stuff too).
- Shantae Half Genie Hero is out to Early Access Backers and GameXplain released footage of the PC Version (Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sZej_eYH1E)
- Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy Officially Shown Off: Focus on Crash 1 for playable footage and trailer but will also remaster Crash 2 and 3 Warped.
- Uncharted 4 DLC and Last of Us 2 Announced
- Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite announced and UMvC3 out now for PS4: Mega Man X and Captain Marvel new-comers to MvC series!
- Ys Origins PS4 and Vita Port announced
- New trailers for indie games (Rain World for example) released
- Lara Croft GO, Genu Mark of the Wolf: Out Now for PS4 and Vita
- PaRapa The Rapper Demo Out Now: Remaster of PS1 Classic for PS4. LocoLoco and Patapon also getting remastered for PS4

Edit: There was ALOT more then the above list of course, but will come back with a later post. If you guys would be interested in a daily (or bi-daily) news recap for this thread, let me know :).

Ys, Yakuza and Danganronpa got me excited. Will also give Crash a go.

RK128

Ys, Yakuza and Danganronpa got me excited. Will also give Crash a go.

Didn't list Yakusa or Danganronpa (or even report on them on 3WIREL....will do so with other news shortly) but man, did I get excited about them :D! It is great to see JP titles get a lot of screen time at the PSX this year.

The Crash remaster looks damn impressive and the demand for it is strong. One tweet I made making a gif of some gameplay released? Got over 40 retweets and 70+ likes. Many want the remasters.....BADLY and I want them as well :D!

https://twitter.com/RK1283/status/805157477515984896/photo/1

Saphirax

Didn't list Yakusa or Danganronpa (or even report on them on 3WIREL....will do so with other news shortly) but man, did I get excited about them :D! It is great to see JP titles get a lot of screen time at the PSX this year.

The Crash remaster looks damn impressive and the demand for it is strong. One tweet I made making a gif of some gameplay released? Got over 40 retweets and 70+ likes. Many want the remasters.....BADLY and I want them as well :D!

https://twitter.com/RK1283/status/805157477515984896/photo/1

Yeah, the game still looks charming as hell, even with all the improvements. A bit bummed we didn't get any announcements for FF ports. FF9 etc would be nice to play on ps4.

RK128

Yeah, the game still looks charming as hell, even with all the improvements. A bit bummed we didn't get any announcements for FF ports. FF9 etc would be nice to play on ps4.

I found that odd too, as if I remember correctly, FF9 port was leaked a while back (even including Vita for some reason). We might hear about that soon hopefully (the PSX isn't over until tomorrow).

RK128

I want to announce a few things (PlayStation related) coming to 3WIREL in the future and what I plan to do with January's PSN Thread.

First is that History Of articles for 'Final Fantasy XV' and 'The Last Guardian' will be releasing in the future. Last Guardian will come out first, as we will be reviewing the game (with the review going live Monday/Tuesday).

Secondly is that I will be posting bi-daily news updates in this thread, and will continue to do so once I take over in January. I cover a lot of PlayStation News, so I want the PSN Thread to be everything PlayStation.

This thread died due to the Vita not getting it's due (being shifted off the gaming section of Gaf, the Vita-centric threads being frowned upon, ect) so while future PSN Threads will get a lot of Vita love (with me posting news on the Vita often), I will cover everything PS4 and PS VR as well.

KiDdYoNe

Anyone got a refund from Sony without problems?

I just firured out I have PS Plus bought till 2019. Few days ago I bought a PS4 and PS Plus, but with some problems.
First two payments went through PayPal and the PS4 system said there was a problem with payment or something like that. I tried twice and then just paid from credit card.
Today I was checking my PayPal account and figured out I am $100 short of my balance. Since I rarely use my PayPal with no problem I found out those 2 payments that didn't went thru as PS4 said. Unless they did.

Already wrote an email to Sony about this weird problem, but just want to make sure here: am I staying with all those free games for 3 years now?

plidex

As far as I know they only refund the money to your PSN wallet, but at least you could use it to buy some games.

Although they always say they don't do refunds, I've gotten refunds for two games, Witcher 3 preorder because I wanted to buy it on PC (I even told them the truth) and The Crew Wild Run because I didn't know the DLC only works with the account that bought it. Ohh Ubisoft...

jvm

Gamasutra.
>.>

Missing Demetrios and Space Overlords in the OP, they're both Vita (at least) and out on the 6th.

PS; Your December PlayStation Vita release preview trailer; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNaYeXcyYaU
I guess I'm out of the loop. Why is VVVVVV in this? Pretty sure I finished that on PSV already... Wikipedia says its out in NA/EU. Is this another region finally getting it?

Edit: PS+?

Edit 2: Ah, all that first stuff is PS+? Yuck. Those other games look AWFUL.

Edit 3: Rest of the games look pretty bad as well. Is there a PS4 trailer like this?

incpdo

5 announced vita titles on psx, on stage some of them via Gio Corsi? yep thats really good. It shows the system has a little of life left. So im really excited to play Ys Origin, looks awesome.
I think sony did very well with this conference i hope they keep this type of energy the next year.

ok am I missing something or is there no way to buy a lot of dynamic themes by themselves? I want to buy the Firewatch and Oxenfree dynamic themes but I already have both games (only Firewatch on PS4 tho, Oxenfree on Steam). I don't see the option to buy the themes by themselves and I don't see a discount when I'm on the bundle page.

why would anyone even buy a bundle with a theme before buying the game? What if they hate the game?

Clive

ok am I missing something or is there no way to buy a lot of dynamic themes by themselves? I want to buy the Firewatch and Oxenfree dynamic themes but I already have both games (only Firewatch on PS4 tho, Oxenfree on Steam). I don't see the option to buy the themes by themselves and I don't see a discount when I'm on the bundle page.

why would anyone even buy a bundle with a theme before buying the game? What if they hate the game?

Where do you live? In Canada, and I assume the US, the themes are sold by themselves:
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...heme/cid=UP0146-CUSA04107_00-FIREWATCHTHEME00
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...heme/cid=UP0962-CUSA04950_00-OXENDYTHENUS0000

I guess I'm out of the loop. Why is VVVVVV in this? Pretty sure I finished that on PSV already... Wikipedia says its out in NA/EU. Is this another region finally getting it?

Edit: PS+?

Edit 2: Ah, all that first stuff is PS+? Yuck. Those other games look AWFUL.

Edit 3: Rest of the games look pretty bad as well. Is there a PS4 trailer like this?

Yeah, PS+ at the beginning while the logo is top right - right up 'til the new releases card. As for a PS4 trailer like it, no idea - I only do Vita ones.

Is there no Drop this week?

The Drop now releases Fridays - or it has for the last few weeks.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/12/02/the-drop-new-playstation-games-for-1262016-2/

---

On another note, VITAlity 24: PSX+ Edition is now up and covers the news from the weekend as well. I held it back to cram the PSX stuff in. ^_^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQfeCOMyISs

Kudo

Has there ever been "X% off your order" sales on (EU) PSN Store?
Thinking of ordering digital versions for Nioh, Persona 5 and Gravity Rush 2 is such sale happens, otherwise trying to hunt them physical.

Has there ever been "X% off your order" sales on (EU) PSN Store?
Thinking of ordering digital versions for Nioh, Persona 5 and Gravity Rush 2 is such sale happens, otherwise trying to hunt them physical.

I believe there have been discount codes like that, usually 10%.

Coppanuva

Oh oh! Fun question time! I'm going to be in Hong Kong over Christmas (live in the US), any recommendations for games that are either import friendly, or have English subs, but aren't released here? Vita or PS4.

On my radar:
Puyo Puyo x Tetris (maybe, dunno if they get Japanese releases)
Gundam Breaker 3
Super Robot Wars Moon Dwellers

Oh oh! Fun question time! I'm going to be in Hong Kong over Christmas (live in the US), any recommendations for games that are either import friendly, or have English subs, but aren't released here? Vita or PS4.

On my radar:
Puyo Puyo x Tetris (maybe, dunno if they get Japanese releases)
Gundam Breaker 3
Super Robot Wars Moon Dwellers

SD Gundam G Generation Genesis is curretnly Asian-English only and judging by Gundam Breaker 3, may not come out over here.

Any of the Bamco licenced anime games are normally easy going, but it depends whether you like the anime they're based on or not. Girls Und Panzer was sort of fun and I've heard Macross Delta Scramble is fun.

Question, PlayStation Network thread.

I've set up a US account despite being being an EU gamer, just used Sony's HQ as my address.

I don't have a US credit card so I know getting pre-paid cards are one way of buying games from the store. Is it possible to pay for everything through PayPal though, or do I have to register a credit card still?

Benedict

Holiday Sale week 1 has started on US PSN,

No spectacular prices as far as I see, but I haven't PS+ anymore.

I've set up a US account despite being being an EU gamer, just used Sony's HQ as my address.

I don't have a US credit card so I know getting pre-paid cards are one way of buying games from the store. Is it possible to pay for everything through PayPal though, or do I have to register a credit card still?

I usually use Amazon.com or a NeoGaf seller in the buy/sell thread.

If you can get your PayPal to link to your account, then yes - you can pay with PayPal only.

I know I've asked this question multiple times but:

I thought activation limits were 3 handhelds (i.e. PSP/Vita x2) and PSTV was separate. But when I'm trying to activate my new, second Vita it's telling me I can't as I'm at my limit for this account?

That's a bummer!

RK128

I know I've asked this question multiple times but:

I thought activation limits were 3 handhelds (i.e. PSP/Vita x2) and PSTV was separate. But when I'm trying to activate my new, second Vita it's telling me I can't as I'm at my limit for this account?

That's a bummer!

No, the PS TV counts as a Vita when activating systems. I would advise you remove one of your PSP's and that should let you activate your other Vita.

Edit: Wow, I was late XD! Sorry for not sharing my answer sooner guys.

No, the PS TV counts as a Vita when activating systems. I would advise you remove one of your PSP's and that should let you activate your other Vita.

Edit: Wow, I was late XD! Sorry for not sharing my answer sooner guys.

Yeah, I gathered. Trying to deactivate my PSP now which is an absolute farce as I have to download some software and connect using a USB, zzz.

Okay, so this isn't working. I have to download some software to my computer and then connect PSP to PC by USB, both of which I've done.

When I download the "deactivate" thing it says "An error has occured. 0x80004003" and nothing happens, the PSP isn't deactivated.

Anything I can do?

Didn't feel like making a thread for this question so maybe y'all can help. I have a large sum of points built up with my PSN credit card and I would like to turn them into PSN gift cards to give to a friend. The problem is my card and I are in the US, and the friend is in the UK. Are the cards region specific and going to prevent me from doing this?

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but is there a way to have PSN stop checking for updates on a specific game?

I don't need this 15gb patch for Doom mp.

Okay, so this isn't working. I have to download some software to my computer and then connect PSP to PC by USB, both of which I've done.

When I download the "deactivate" thing it says "An error has occured. 0x80004003" and nothing happens, the PSP isn't deactivated.

Anything I can do?

Think I solved it, you can do it on the PSP itself, I just wasn't updated to the most recent firmware. It won't let me install the firmware without more charge though, so I'm gonna leave it doing while I go to the gym.

Top Bottom