• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | December 2016

Clive

Didn't feel like making a thread for this question so maybe y'all can help. I have a large sum of points built up with my PSN credit card and I would like to turn them into PSN gift cards to give to a friend. The problem is my card and I are in the US, and the friend is in the UK. Are the cards region specific and going to prevent me from doing this?

Pretty sure that those credit cards are US-only so I imagine US currency is all that's available. Maybe you can trade or sell it for UK gift cards though but Sony won't help you with that.

I have a strange issue! I had a nice Double Dragon Neon avatar set to my profile, when I bought Pac-Man CE 2 it came with an avatar and I accidentally switched to it (didn't know what the icons meant in the purchase screen). No biggie, right? I'll just switch back. Except when I did, my DDN avatar now has no transparency and is covered by a awful white background, making it very hard to see.

Any ideas on this?

IamAwake

I snagged a PS4 during black friday. It should be finally arriving tomorrow. Does anyone have demo suggestions from Asia or Japan PSN markets that are worth a download? This is my first current generation console in a long time. Will any of the stores have a Persona or Gravity Rush 2 demo by chance?

Kudo

Is ys 8 coming to the west at some point , I kinda lose the track on this one

Don't think it has been announced yet, but highly likely.
It's not even out on PS4 yet in Japan so I'd assume XSEED is waiting to announce both games? I hope.

Joni

Seems like Sony improved Credit Card security a bit more. When loading money onto my account, I now had to get my bank card reader and follow that process.

wilflare

not sure how many Vita fans still check this thread
but if anyone still needs help getting those Asia English Vita physical games, I got some copies over the past week so I would be able to help.

kevin1025

Banned
Hey, everyone! It's been forever since I posted on here. How come it's so quiet?!

I just went four months without a PS4, which was no fun, but now I have the Pro and I'll supposedly be getting Watch Dogs 2 at Christmas, so all is well. That gap meant I never got to hit 5,000 trophies by the end of the year like I planned, though :(

Hope everyone is having a great December. What is everyone playing at the moment?

RK128

Hey, everyone! It's been forever since I posted on here. How come it's so quiet?!

I just went four months without a PS4, which was no fun, but now I have the Pro and I'll supposedly be getting Watch Dogs 2 at Christmas, so all is well. That gap meant I never got to hit 5,000 trophies by the end of the year like I planned, though :(

Hope everyone is having a great December. What is everyone playing at the moment?

Hello!

The thread is quiet and was really busy lately, so couldn't post much :(.

But I've been playing a lot of games. Recently bought Axiom Verge, Hue, Severed and Ray Gigant off PSN due to sales. Also will be releasing reviews for games like Darkest Dungeon, Demetrois, Lara Croft Go and other games starting tomorrow as well.

Happy you are getting the PS4 Pro man :D! Hope you enjoy a lot of great games on the system :).

I will be taking over the PSN thread starting Jan. 2017, so I hope I do a good job with it!

kevin1025

Banned
Hello!

The thread is quiet and was really busy lately, so couldn't post much :(.

But I've been playing a lot of games. Recently bought Axiom Verge, Hue, Severed and Ray Gigant off PSN due to sales. Also will be releasing reviews for games like Darkest Dungeon, Demetrois, Lara Croft Go and other games starting tomorrow as well.

Happy you are getting the PS4 Pro man :D! Hope you enjoy a lot of great games on the system :).

I will be taking over the PSN thread starting Jan. 2017, so I hope I do a good job with it!

I wish you tons of luck! I'll be posting a lot more than I have been.

Whoa, I never even noticed the Ray Gigant sale on PSN, I'll be picking that one up before the deal ends! Too good to pass up with the good word of mouth it's been getting. How are you liking Axiom Verge? I made it about halfway and other games stole my time, I need to get back to it. Same with Severed, I only made it through the first area (I was playing outside so I couldn't see or swipe the correct way, haha).

RK128

I wish you tons of luck! I'll be posting a lot more than I have been.

Whoa, I never even noticed the Ray Gigant sale on PSN, I'll be picking that one up before the deal ends! Too good to pass up with the good word of mouth it's been getting. How are you liking Axiom Verge? I made it about halfway and other games stole my time, I need to get back to it. Same with Severed, I only made it through the first area (I was playing outside so I couldn't see or swipe the correct way, haha).

Didn't play Severed yet but love Axiom Verge so far.

It is the Metroid game Nintendo SHOULD have made instead of Federation Force and Other M (to be fair though, Federation Force is a decent game from what I heard).

kevin1025

Banned
Picked up Ray Gigant finally, and...

My Name Is Mayo.

Such a simple, weird game. Two platinums, too, PS4 and Vita. Haha, I'm catching back up!

Solaire of Astora

Death by black JPN
So I bought salt and sanctuary a few hours before it went on sale on my UK account. Is there any way to get a partial refund for the difference, and if so, is there a way to do it that doesn't involve calling them? I live overseas and work funny hours.

Edit: I still haven't played it, if that helps. I downloaded it after it went on sale too.

maouvin

So I bought salt and sanctuary a few hours before it went on sale on my UK account. Is there any way to get a partial refund for the difference, and if so, is there a way to do it that doesn't involve calling them? I live overseas and work funny hours.

Edit: I still haven't played it, if that helps. I downloaded it after it went on sale too.

I once got a refund on the BR PSN by chat, so you can try that.

In that case, I complained that a game (Gravity Rush Remaster) got cheaper at release compared to the pre-order price, so it's not exactly the same situation though.

RK128

Um....hello guys! Man this thread is dead :(.

Anyway, I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday and that we all enjoy the final few days of 2016 :).

When I take over this thread next year, what would be somethings you would like to be a part of it?

bobawesome

To those who have played it, how is Airship Q? I was thinking about picking it up and maybe that Trails game as well.

Anyway, I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday and that we all enjoy the final few days of 2016 :).

When I take over this thread next year, what would be somethings you would like to be a part of it?

Thanks. Hope you had a great holiday as well. I don't have any real suggestions since I don't pop into these threads too often nowadays but good luck.

jvm

Gamasutra.

I'd like real rundowns of the games listed in The Drop, especially for PS4. The stuff in the blog posts is often just recycled Wikipedia or advert copy, which isn't always an explanation. :)

RK128

I'd like real rundowns of the games listed in The Drop, especially for PS4. The stuff in the blog posts is often just recycled Wikipedia or advert copy, which isn't always an explanation. :)

Ah, so an overview of everything during an week? Okay, will try to do that.

Some basic plans I have for the thread include the following:
-Game of the Month: People send me DM's and the one game with the most DM's wins
-PS+ Game of the Month: Same thing as 'Game of the Month'
-Weekly Run-Downs of every game coming to PSN every week (though I will start focusing on NA and EU, as I live in NA & have NA PSN)
-Links to News/Reviews I Publish on 3WIREL: News Round of PlayStation related news/coverage I have on 3WIREL

Any other suggestions are welcomed and will consider it :).

kevin1025

Banned
Ah, so an overview of everything during an week? Okay, will try to do that.

Some basic plans I have for the thread include the following:
-Game of the Month: People send me DM's and the one game with the most DM's wins
-PS+ Game of the Month: Same thing as 'Game of the Month'
-Weekly Run-Downs of every game coming to PSN every week (though I will start focusing on NA and EU, as I live in NA & have NA PSN)
-Links to News/Reviews I Publish on 3WIREL: News Round of PlayStation related news/coverage I have on 3WIREL

Any other suggestions are welcomed and will consider it :).

That all sounds great! I mostly play on PS4, so that's where most of my attention lies. But I always love reading the Vita talk in here since it can be a little tough seeing what's coming for it outside of here. I said it a couple days back, but I'll keep contributing posts here and there, and I'm always reading what everyone is saying! I plan on diving into some of my Vita backlog in the new year, so I'll toss some of my impressions and thoughts out on here. But PS4 is dominating my time, haha.

Curse the backlog!

RK128

Hello guys :). Just sharing my overall thoughts of 2016 and I figured sharing it here would be a good idea :D!

This year marked the beginning of my writing career. I started out writing a review for The Vita Lounge for 'Summon Night 5' and while I feel like I could have done a better job with that review (more so from more experience writing reviews), it was a good start. I also was able to get a community piece written up for the Vita Lounge Magazine I was happy with.

But I than moved on to writing gaming retrospectives and had a lot of fun doing those. Sonic's and Crash's were my biggest successes and helped me get work with Press Start AU and not long after, Crashy News.

I meet a great friend with Motwera and after writing some posts on Crashy News, I was able to work on his 3WIREL site. Now? I have almost 2,000+ posts under my belt and helped the site get almost 70,000 views this year! Feels amazing and we have a lot more on the way.

One thing I need to say; is thank you to you guys. None of this would have happened if I didn't get a Vita and started to be more vocal online and it was because of fostering such strong friendships with many of you. Thank you and I hope to do a great job with the PSN Thread in January 2017!

I'm just getting into multiplayer games recently, and I really enjoyed what I played of Siege and The Division, that working as a team/communicating/etc. stuff. Are there more team tactical/MMO-ish games like that on PS4, or do I need to mainly look on PC?

RK128

I'm just getting into multiplayer games recently, and I really enjoyed what I played of Siege and The Division, that working as a team/communicating/etc. stuff. Are there more team tactical/MMO-ish games like that on PS4, or do I need to mainly look on PC?

Mmm.......maybe games like Overwatch and team modes in Battlefield 1 might be good picks for you. Both are on PS4 and have lively communities. Sadly I don't own a PS4 nor do I play MP games, so not much help with that subject matter sadly :(.

holygeesus

Banned
Is PSN playing up for anyone else? (UK)

I can access the store, but can't download game updates - I'm getting a DNS error.

When my brother used his 2 week free trial to PSPlus, I told him to add a visa gift card instead of a credit card. I wouldn't trust sony with it, or with autorenewal.

So he added a card that had 84 cents left on it.

Today, he got a sony email that said they added 9.99 wallet funds for his subscription, and now his psplus is good for the next month.. I asked him again, and he said he was sure it was only a 20 dollar card and that he used it to buy a headset that cost about as much, leaving less than a dollar.

So did he just get away with a free month of psplus?

RK128

When my brother used his 2 week free trial to PSPlus, I told him to add a visa gift card instead of a credit card. I wouldn't trust sony with it, or with autorenewal.

So he added a card that had 84 cents left on it.

Today, he got a sony email that said they added 9.99 wallet funds for his subscription, and now his psplus is good for the next month.. I asked him again, and he said he was sure it was only a 20 dollar card and that he used it to buy a headset that cost about as much, leaving less than a dollar.

So did he just get away with a free month of psplus?

That.....that is one heck of a mistake XD! My guess is that Sony either took the money out while your brother got the headset or they made a mistake with credit card numbers. If anything, I would be ready to respond back to Sony if they message you or your brother for the PS+ purchase.

But I think this was a lovely accident. Those happen sometimes and unless you are asked about it, better leave things alone.

Edit: I will be making the Jan. Thread a bit before Mid-Night (so.....maybe 11PM EST most likely). I hope I do a good job with the PSN Threads in 2017 :D.

Top Bottom