• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | September 2015

RK128

Hi VitaGAF.

I was at Magical Mirai 2015 earlier and I got to try Project Diva X on the glorious Vita. (Normal Mode and Hard Mode on Raspberry*Monster).

1. I love the new "drop" system. I definitely don't think it is fully random. Difficulty may have something to do with it (Normal gave me a module from the previous games; while the Hard Mode gave me the Raspberry*Monster module).

What I love about it is the fact that you change into the said module mid-song! Yes, in the middle of the goddamn song!

Also, contrary to the reports, I got both modules despite failing chance time at one of them.

2. The new "Rush Notes" is basically just an easier version of the "quick succession of notes" as the latter can have a sudden stop at the middle and fuck you with a SAFE or even change rhythm! IIRC, there is no Safe/Sad if you don't keep pressing on Rush Notes.

One thing though is that there seems to be two versions of it (at least visual). One is with a "clock timer" and the other didn't.

Edit: 3. There is also that "weird" note, but I can't remember what it did. Gameplay-wise, it doesn't need a new maneuver like Scratch notes and Rush notes. /EndEdit

Graphically comparing Project Diva X to previous previous entries (PDf/F/F2), I say with 100% certainty that
Miku is still cute

Naturally, these are all based on the demo and will probably be distributed on PSN sooner or later..

Unfortunately, I couldn't try the Morpheus Project Diva thing

Thank you for sharing all of this with us :D! Its great to hear impressions on the Vita/PS4 game (and hearing that it will mirror those games gameplay mechanics), so thank your for telling us your impressions :).

RK128

How are you guys enjoying the PS+ games :D?

Here are my impressions on all the PS3 games.

Will post my impressions on the Vita games :D. (Including Stealth Inc. 2 as I didn't beat it in July)

Super Time Force Ultra looks fantastic on Vita, with the characters sprites having a lot of life alongside the animations being well done. The gameplay (where you make 'clones' of yourself through time travel) is good, but it takes a while to grasp :l. And the frame rate is odd on Vita, as I swear that he game isn't in 60FPS yet I never saw frame rate drops...... Guess the controls were designed to feel 'heavier' or that the game is locked at 30FPS to get the game running at native res on Vita. Regardless, I like the game so far and I look forward to putting more time into it :).

Stealth Inc. 2 I put more time into and despite not being part of this months PS+ line up, I will add this into my list of games to play :). Very well done platforming, the puzzles are solid and the visuals/music shine on Vita :D.

Xeodrifter is the Metroid game Vita owners are waiting for (until Axiom Verge lands on the Vita at least :)) :D. The game looks really great on Vita and the controls feel very tight and responsive. You might be lost for a bit, as I was for my first half hour, but I guess you get into things once you start progressing more throughout the world :). Really like it and will have a blast playing through this one :D!

And lastly we have the Vita-only La-Mulala LX and....its solid. Honestly expected more out of the game but I guess I have to put more time into to fully enjoy it. The game is HARD and feels like a mixture of Mega Man and Castlevanna; very strong mix I must say XD! The visuals shine on Vita (though no screen stretching options is disappointing) and the OST sounds great so far :D. Overall, I really like this one but I need to give it more time to click with me.

RK128

Hello everyone :).

Just wanted to say that I don't plan on posting nearly as much as I used to.

But I will still be a part of the community here :D! See you guys latter :).

Dawg

Kinda OT but...

I notice there is some kind of weird feeling on the DS4 sticks. DS3 didn't have this. It feels like some kind of friction. Especially noticeable if I move both sticks slightly up or down. I don't know if this is normal but it's annoying as I can't help but feel it. It's on both of my DS4s, even the one I recently bought.

Apt101

Sony just stopped accepting any of my credit cards, even though the account information on file with the banks all match my Sony account details to the letter. I've tried every combination of address and name that has seemed to work for others on their forums. What a headache. I'm not going to purchase prepaid cards or enter my Paypal info. Dumb. So my PS+ will eventually expire. Since I mostly play on PC now I am thinking of just selling my PS4 and trying out Xbox One and Live instead.

Saphirax

Sony just stopped accepting any of my credit cards, even though the account information on file with the banks all match my Sony account details to the letter. I've tried every combination of address and name that has seemed to work for others on their forums. What a headache. I'm not going to purchase prepaid cards or enter my Paypal info. Dumb. So my PS+ will eventually expire. Since I mostly play on PC now I am thinking of just selling my PS4 and trying out Xbox One and Live instead.

Did you input some of the info incorrectly at first? Could just be a 24 hour lock.

It took me like 5 tries to get my card to work, it's like they don't want my money.

Ponn

Banned
Anyone else play the Disgaea 5 demo? I'm not sure about it yet, I mean it looks great and it seems to be a culmination of all the mechanics from the other games. Didn't really have enough time with the new revenge meter to say much about it. So far i'm not liking the characters like I did in D4 or D1. They are hovering around D3 for me right now on the borderline of annoying. I have that $25 credit still so I may go ahead and just get the digital version for easy Vita remote play. I'm just wondering if its worth grinding with the few stages some exp and hl before it comes out.

Hikami

Anyone else play the Disgaea 5 demo? I'm not sure about it yet, I mean it looks great and it seems to be a culmination of all the mechanics from the other games. Didn't really have enough time with the new revenge meter to say much about it. So far i'm not liking the characters like I did in D4 or D1. They are hovering around D3 for me right now on the borderline of annoying. I have that $25 credit still so I may go ahead and just get the digital version for easy Vita remote play. I'm just wondering if its worth grinding with the few stages some exp and hl before it comes out.

I played it, haven't played any other Disgaea game before though so can't really compare it to any others. I tried the first Disgaea but found the characters annoying so I didn't get past the first hour of it. Didn't really find them in annoying in this one.

bobawesome

Have any of you had experience with Playstation's repair center in the past? I sent my Vita in to repair some stuck pixels a month ago and received it back a week and a half later with nothing done to it. They gave it a good wipe down, but that was it. The stuck pixels were still there. They just shipped it back to me. I talked to an agent in chat last night and after reviewing my case number, they confirmed that that's what happened.

He said, "In the notes, before it was sent back to you, it states, "NO ACCYS." I have no idea what that means."

The only thing I can figure is they're talking about my Decal Girl skin? Man, I'm going to be so bummed if I have to remove it.

Have any of you had experience with Playstation's repair center in the past? I sent my Vita in to repair some stuck pixels a month ago and received it back a week and a half later with nothing done to it. They gave it a good wipe down, but that was it. The stuck pixels were still there. They just shipped it back to me. I talked to an agent in chat last night and after reviewing my case number, they confirmed that that's what happened.

He said, "In the notes, before it was sent back to you, it states, "NO ACCYS." I have no idea what that means."

The only thing I can figure is they're talking about my Decal Girl skin? Man, I'm going to be so bummed if I have to remove it.

Sounds like that's exactly what you're going to have to do. They don't always send you the Vita you sent them, and if they have to do a complete swap they don't take accessories/skins.

Ponn

Banned
I played it, haven't played any other Disgaea game before though so can't really compare it to any others. I tried the first Disgaea but found the characters annoying so I didn't get past the first hour of it. Didn't really find them in annoying in this one.

You really should play Disgaea 4 then, especially if you have a Vita. It's hard to go back to the older ones once you play anything past D4 because you are missing alot of the new game mechanics.

iosefe

You really should play Disgaea 4 then, especially if you have a Vita. It's hard to go back to the older ones once you play anything past D4 because you are missing alot of the new game mechanics.

would it be fair to skip from Dis 1 to 4?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
If you've played one Disgaea you've basically played them all, so you might as well just play the best one, which is the first one.

Hikami

I've been wanting to but, a physical copy of the game on Vita seems to be pretty expensive.

bobawesome

Sounds like that's exactly what you're going to have to do. They don't always send you the Vita you sent them, and if they have to do a complete swap they don't take accessories/skins.

That's disappointing to hear. I don't see why they couldn't have just peeled the thing off if it was that big of a deal. This will be the fifth time I've sent in a system and I'm getting sick of the whole rigmarole.

RK128

How are you guys doing :)?

This weekend I plan on playing the PS+ Vita games, a few games in my backlog and relaxing; have a three day weekend (no college on Monday) :D.

Its not clicking with me either names :(.

The controls feel very heavy on Vita and the time mechanic is really confusing me X(. Still a good looking game though at least :).

I only played for 15mins before heading to the gym, so I was kind of in a rush but for some reason it wasn't as fun as I thought it would be. On paper the idea seemed great, but I really hate being timed when I play. That may be why I don't like it as much.

RK128

I only played for 15mins before heading to the gym, so I was kind of in a rush but for some reason it wasn't as fun as I thought it would be. On paper the idea seemed great, but I really hate being timed when I play. That may be why I don't like it as much.

I feel that the low frame rate (it has to be....why else would everything not feel 'tight' like other action-shooter platformers?) compounded with the confusing time mechanic end up making people have no idea how to play the game despite a very in-depth intro :(.

Still, I got it for 'free', so I'm happy regardless :D!

I'm only playing that game because I can play as Shu rofl

How do you unlock him and the other Sony characters anyway?

Didn't get very far (only at the intro level) but I have no idea how to unlock them :l.

Any answer would be great :D!

N° 2048

How do you unlock him and the other Sony characters anyway?

Didn't get very far (only at the intro level) but I have no idea how to unlock them :l.

Any answer would be great :D!

I haven't started it, yet haha. But I saw someone saying you need to beat the "
Future Level".

Don't know how true this is.

RK128

Maedhros

That sounds really great :D!

What game is that from? Never heard that music before......

You could get Kickbeat and after you beat the story mode, you unlock the ability to use your own tracks in the game (MP3s on Vita). So you could beat the game, then use those tracks as songs :).
Cytus (iOS/Android). There was a version for Vita on PSM, but it was descontinued, so...

The only game with music like this that I can find is DJ Max, but I already played all of them.

RK128

Cytus (iOS/Android). There was a version for Vita on PSM, but it was descontinued, so...

The only game with music like this that I can find is DJ Max, but I already played all of them.

Okay, my earlier post was true though; Kickbeat lets you use your own music for the game (once you beat it).

So, if you find the game during a good sale on PSN, pick it up :D.

I remember enjoying it, but never beat it.

Maedhros

Okay, my earlier post was true though; Kickbeat lets you use your own music for the game (once you beat it).

So, if you find the game during a good sale on PSN, pick it up :D.

I remember enjoying it, but never beat it.

The problem is that I don't really have any mp3 of this type of music. What I really want is to discover new artists/djs that make this kind of music.

PS4GAF, could you help me?

I want to buy the Silver Headset for my consoles, since they are way cheaper than the Gold ones. I know it also supports the companion app, but is it the same as the Gold one in terms of support and sound modes? anyone with the Silver here?

thanks

It has never been that fast for me though, I'd get 2Mbps at most but now it went as high as 5mbps, though it fluctuated quite a bit from 2 to 5

No actual numbers, but I downloaded 400mb of Invoker's Tournament in about 5 minutes. Normally that'd take me like 20 minutes +.

RK128

So PSN Downloads are faster now?

....Will try downloading one of the Plus games for PS3 and see what happens :).

Thanks for the heads up guys :D!

Edit: Welp, guess I can't test that out now (the game I wanted to download did so over night) XD!

Vylash

thank goodness the content manager requires an Internet connection so my vita and PSP games are trapped on my computer, what bullshit

thank goodness the content manager requires an Internet connection so my vita and PSP games are trapped on my computer, what bullshit

Doesn't OpenCMA allow no-internet Content Manager use? You should see if you can get that on a thumb drive or something somewhere with internet. Doesn't help in the short term, but might prevent it from happening again.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I haven't bitched about the content manager in awhile. It's so terrible. Thankfully I can back up the saves I care about on PS3 for the most part.

BHK3

Banned
Some digital copies of games are not compatible with the save data of physical copies, is there a list anywhere that shows this? I want to try and go back and platinum Just Cause 2 but I ran into some game breaking glitches(its a garbage port fuck avalanche) so I want to know what my options are, salvage some hours or just restart.

My birthday today and got a PS4 yesterday with TLOU and God of War. I skipped the PS3 so my friends list is completely empty, so if anyone wants to add me my PSN is GasProblem. It's so lonely atm.

When do the new Playstation Plus games usually get announced? I don't particularly care for the plus games atm.

Hikami

Just finished Danganronpa Another Episode. It really lacked what I like the most about the series..
So if I were to rank them it'd be; DR2>DR1>AE for me.

Another Episode was still a great game though. Just didn't enjoy it as much as the other two.

Top Bottom