• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS3/PS4) | March 2014

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
So retail price?
CR has it for $3 off.
All this faux vita rage-trolling-why.gif ITT is quite amusing.
Please elaborate.
question:
I'm on ps+ on ps3; how can I check on free ps+ games for vita and ps3?
I only see free ps3 games.
thanks.
Go to the Vita section maybe? I'm about to go to sleep. If you're on the US PS Store, it's there. You just gotta look for it.

Shinriji

Really? I can't stand it anymore to be honest. The discussion leads to nothing anyway because the same idiots spew their bullshit around like nothing.

Same. i'm gonna do like the smart guys and back off from gaf for a while. Can't be bothered to use the ignore function.

The whatsapp vita group is way more interesting anyway.

nampad

Same. i'm gonna do like the smart guys and back off from gaf for a while. Can't be bothered to use the ignore function.

The whatsapp vita group is way more interesting anyway.

There is a Vita whapsapp group? I can already imagine the chatlog.
Persona waifu wars.
I am also not trying to discuss anymore except when people really write total bullshit.

jvm

Gamasutra.
Maybe it was already covered, but I got my $3 credit for the PS Vita Play promotion. Yay. Hope everyone else got their credit. Usually these things end up with someone not getting their money and being (rightfully) frustrated about it.

RalchAC

Why there is a Vita WhatsApp group and I'm not part of it? I feel betrayed :O

What's the new thread VitaGAF should avoid? I don't get that rage-trolling-why.gif conversation xD

nampad

what am I missing here

When SmokyDave is away the 3DS mice will play.

Maybe it was already covered, but I got my $3 credit for the PS Vita Play promotion. Yay. Hope everyone else got their credit. Usually these things end up with someone not getting their money and being (rightfully) frustrated about it.

This reminds me that the German PSN promotion has the same problem like the last time. Once again, the €10 coupon message for topping up your PSN wallet with €50 is only receivable on the PS3. Even the PS4 doesn't get it.

Such incompetence because they advertise the promotion for PS3, PS4 and Vita.

killatopak

Gold Member

This reminds me that the German PSN promotion has the same problem like the last time. Once again, the €10 coupon message for topping up your PSN wallet with €50 is only receivable on the PS3. Even the PS4 doesn't get it.

What the hell... What happens if you don't own a PS3? You just lose it all?

nampad

What the hell... What happens if you don't own a PS3? You just lose it all?

You have to call the support and they will top up your account accordingly. Had to go through the trouble the last time because I didn't had a PS3.
The hotline workers were quite nice but they have to message the PSN support in London to fix your problems which takes an additional week of time and is keen to miscommunication. In my case, I topped up €100 so that I would get €20. Of course, they only sw the first transaction and gave me €10 so I had to call again.

Love these new threads. Also, OP needs more Metal Gear. And that reminds me of how little time I have to refinish Snake Eater, then replay Peace Walker once again...so little time for all the sneaky Snake action..

wilflare

that thread makes me mad.
>< and it's surprising the mods aren't taking action >< but nvm shan't say more.

just gonna enjoy my Vita

I've said this quite a few times, but i won't get tired of this. PSO2 should have had a PS4 port for its Japanese launch. Have you seen the release schedule? I think it could do pretty good considering how big are the spaces between games. Then release the game on PS4/PSVita/PC. If they had any problems they could have ask some help to SCE or SOE.
If they did do a PS4 port, how would they handle the skill hotbar? On PC you use the number keys to activate the skills there, and on Vita it's mapped to the touchscreen.

RpgN

that thread makes me mad.
>< and it's surprising the mods aren't taking action >< but nvm shan't say more.

just gonna enjoy my Vita

I'm still mad about the vita anniversary thread being locked while no such action was taken for the 3DS anniversary thread. We still need an explanation for that.

coolasj19 said:
I'm waiting for the day when one of our Sony insiders leaks a plethora of game announcements through the games calendar lists in one of our threads.

Man, that would be lovely. Though Famousmortimer kind of was that kind of person, he seems to be more quiet lately unfortunately.

RpgN

Has anyone even asked for an explanation?

Directly asking the mods? I don't think so. I did see some discussion on the vita thread.

This question needs to be asked and not pushed aside. There's literally no explanation for it.

Let's ask the mods and make a bigger deal out of it. I don't know who to ask and how to present the question though.

(Probably mentioned) You missed Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zero, which also releases on the 18th of March.

I'm in for FFX/X-2(PS3), inFAMOUS: Second Son and Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zero! I'm in for the PS+ freebies too!!

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Directly asking the mods? I don't think so. I did see some discussion on the vita thread.

This question needs to be asked and not pushed aside. There's literally no explanation for it.

Let's ask the mods and make a bigger deal out of it. I don't know who to ask and how to present the question though.
Whoever did it hid behind Modbot for the lock.

killatopak

Gold Member

The problem is that they used modbot to close the thread so we don't even know who was responsible and who to contact. Y2Kev was even posting casually in the thread so it must be some other mod.
Unless he posted so he won't be suspected. :O

I've looked past the anniversary thread being locked. What irked me is that they didn't even give a reason why.

RpgN

What is a modbot exactly? I've seen it a few times when some threads got locked...

If we don't know who locked the thread, that shouldn't stop us from contacting the mods. Then we'll just need to decide who to contact. The mod that will be contacted will be the one to investigate the matter for us further. We could contact Y2Kev since he was posting on the thread as mentioned. He should know more, right?

RalchAC

What is a modbot exactly? I've seen it a few times when some threads got locked...

If we don't know who locked the thread, that shouldn't stop us from contacting the mods. Then we'll just need to decide who to contact. The mod that will be contacted will be the one to investigate the matter for us further. We could contact Y2Kev since he was posting on the thread as mentioned. He should know more, right?

Yes, and probably he would be the most "friendly" mod since he posted in the thread.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
I'm inclined to let the issue go. Until the issue persists and repeats itself (i.e. the vita community is being unfairly treated), it is probably not worth pursuing. The mods here, like anywhere else, have always been inconsistent.

Although I admit, the closure of the vita specific psn thread, and the anniversary thread left a bad taste in my mouth.

RpgN

I'm inclined to let the issue go. Until the issue persists and repeats itself (i.e. the vita community is being unfairly treated), it is probably not worth pursuing. The mods here, like anywhere else, have always been inconsistent.

Is that wise though? At least we have a clear example with very similar threads. There won't be an easy way out of it for them to give a logical explanation.

There have been other minor examples that have affected the vita community before, such as changing the vita thread to this. While it's better than nothing, I don't feel like it's right...

We need more opinions guys. Shall we contact the mods or not about the locked thread?

Edit:

Just saw your edit. Also I remember something about the vita recommendation thread being locked while that is not the case for the 3DS? *not sure*

Yes, and probably he would be the most "friendly" mod since he posted in the thread.

Okay, then the mod is decided. I don't mind contacting the mod if nobody does.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Jesus, guys, still going on about that anniversary thread? Even speculating on which mod is most likely suspect? lol. Just pm any mod and ask, they'll ask around if they don't know.

pariah164

Project Diva f (GOTY) and the FFX/X-2 remaster for me. Good stuff.

tumblr_m63goaQ0em1rqjvrz.gif

FFX/X-2 HD PS3 & VITA , MGS GZ PS4, Infamous SS PS4 and Dark Souls II PS3 For me. Yeah my wallet will be hurting by the end of this!

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Jesus, guys, still going on about that anniversary thread? Even speculating on which mod is most likely suspect? lol. Just pm any mod and ask, they'll ask around if they don't know.
Plus there are a handful of vita threads in the top two pages of GAF at all times. Vita by far has the most active/vocal community in proportion to its size. The Vita is the most overrepresented console on GAF.

The anniversary thread was superfluous. Plus, two years ain't shit anyhow. Let's try it again at the 5 year mark.

Roto13

Definitely getting Final Fantasy X and X-2 on Vita, and Ground Zeroes on PS3.

Also can't wait for Second Son.

RetroMG

Question: How is Disgaea D2? My wife and I loved Disgaea 4 and I have a little bit of extra cash to spend on my newly replaced PS3.

Top Bottom