• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS3/PS4) | March 2014

I'm curious, would you mind listing all your installed titles that got your close to 64gb? As a newer vita owner, I'm trying to decide if I should invest in a larger card, and would like to see an actual library rather than just estimating.

I can probably list off all the Vita games if I think about it. The PSP games are a bit more out of left field, but let's see what I can remember.

WipEout 2048
Ninja Gaiden Sigma+
Malicious Rebirth
Muramasa
Dragon's Crown
Sonic All Star Racing Transformed
Ys: Memories of Celcetta
TxK
Spelunky
Stick it to the Man
Rayman Legends
Street Fighter X Tekken
UMvC3
DoA5+
Mortal Kombat
Blazblue Continuum Shift 2 Extend
Lone Survivor
(PSM) Super Crate Box
Need For Speed Most Wanted
Killzone Mercenaries (Patches only)
EDF 2017 Portable
Wake Up Club
Atelier Totori +
DJ Max Technika Tune
Stealth Inc.
Silent Hill: BoM
Flying Hamster HD
Sine Mora
Urban Trial Freestyle
Little Big Planet Vita
Touch My Katamari
Super Stardust Delta
Lumines
Hot Shots Golf
MGS HD Collection
Kung Fu Rabbit
escapeVektor

Well, it's hard to force you to read the entirety of my post or not to misconstrue every single sentence. I mean, you completely ignored the part about covering the screen and the lack of feedback, two things which I consider kinda important in a game like Project Diva. And then you somehow came to the conclusion that I dismissed every single game using touch controls when I specifically mentioned that I've merely had mostly negative experiences with the implementations on Vita and singled out Tearaway as a positive one. If you read my posts as "touchscreen equals bad", there's little I can do. I wasn't exactly using difficult language there so I'm not sure what the problem is.
Then I apologize for misinterpreting.

By the time I had written my reply, others had already pointed out that the full game allows you to map scratch notes to the rear touchscreen, which I did not feel the need to repeat. I also mentioned there is a help item in the game that will convert the stars to accept button input (albeit at a cost), and I felt the resistance of the Vita's screen itself was sufficient feedback.

It's also been mentioned the PS3 version maps the scratch notes to the analog sticks by default, and a help item can remap them to shoulder buttons (at less cost than the equivalent item on the Vita version).

I also don't think your Beatmania straw man is really that important to this discussion and I don't really get why you brought it up either. I know that it's supposed to simulate scratching but I simply don't care about that since the negatives outweigh any enjoyment I could get from pretending. In my opinion it's a poorly implemented mechanic and one of the reasons why I won't buy Project Diva. It's not about the movement of your fingers but I'm sure you knew that already. Nice gifs though.

And that's all I have to say about the matter.

Besides what I stated, it was also an attempt to clarify exactly what the game wanted players to do with the touchscreen in case the cause of confusion is the player executing it incorrectly. I've been providing and demonstrating this game series at conventions for a very long time now, and almost without fail, players would attempt to play the scratch notes by literally tapping the stars on the screen. Showing an equivalent action is the easiest way to resolve misconceptions like this - just like whenever people complain about the Gravity Slide in Gravity Rush, I tell them they should use it by treating the Vita as a steering wheel.

Is there a way to erase a PSN account or the only is email sony?
Wasn't this supposed to be an EU right?
I want to delete some region accounts and I had no problems deleting live accounts but I cannot see any option for SEN accounts.
Anybody?. Thanks in advace.

Why are you trying to "Delete" an account?

VITA: Can't you just reformat your Vita to Factory and start a new account? I think you can get to this from the power button hold screen.

PS3: just delete the account from the PS3 account management tab and sign into a new one?

I'm still trying to wrap my brain around deleting an account? If you are doing this to get into a different region, I completely understand why you would want another, but I just don't get the "deleting" portion.

Sylver

Banned
I'm still trying to wrap my brain around deleting an account? If you are doing this to get into a different region, I completely understand why you would want another, but I just don't get the "deleting" portion.

I have 7 accounts. 1 account for my country with my PSN "internet" nick where I play, get trophies and so, 5 generic accounts (IDs like USPSNID,...) Spain, UK, US, HK and JP and then I have another account I signed before PS3 launch to reserve some nickname.
I want to delete that last account and I'm planning to delete the other region accounts to focuse all with just one region (PC, PSV, PS3 and PS4 is enough for me) and this way avoid compulsive shopping. You can say just forget them but I can not XD, puzzles me I cannot delete them...

Skyzard

Banned
^Awesome, penciling in quite a few dates recently:

Luftrausers - March 18th
Steamworld Dig - March 18th
Fez - March 26th
FFX/X-2 - March 2014
Sly Collection (1-3) - 16th April
Football Manager Classic - April
God of war 1+2 - 8th May
The Swapper - May
Borderlands 2 - Spring
Cel Damage HD - Spring
BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma - Summer
Pixel Junk Shooter Ultimate - Summer

Would love confirmation of the next penelope game, don't starve and dates for minecraft, and futuridium.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Aww looks like NFS most wanted filled up my 16 memory card. :[
Had to delete a PSP game.

Flandy

:lol Got some bad news for Shahid
lolshahid.png

https://twitter.com/shahidkamal/status/441727489648242690

Don't know if this is the right thread, I'm trying to transfer pictures from my laptop to Vita. I've connected my Vita via both USB and WiFi, yet my Vita continually refuses to *see* the pictures in the specified folder.

I've made new folders, swapped folders, put the pictures into those folders in every single format, yet my Vita will not see them to copy over.

I'm at the end of my tether here. Just what could I be doing wrong, because I just don't see what step is missing here.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Oh boy now I have to sign into Origin on my Vita and I'm getting super pissed off.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Yup. Its not even properly scaled to the Vitas screen. Its this tiny ass little window.
This is offensive to my sensibilities.

edit:
finally got logged in. I think I'm really going to like this game.

Zephyx

^Awesome, penciling in quite a few dates recently:

Would love confirmation of the next penelope game, don't starve and dates for minecraft, and futuridium.

I actually wanted to update my list of games that are confirmed to be released for the Vita this year. Thanks for that. :)

I'll just put your list on top of mine so I won't forget to do it later.

Luftrausers - March 18th
Steamworld Dig - March 18th
Fez - March 26th
FFX/X-2 - March 2014
Sly Collection (1-3) - 16th April
Football Manager Classic - April
God of war 1+2 - 8th May
The Swapper - May
Borderlands 2 - Spring
Cel Damage HD - Spring
BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma - Summer
Pixel Junk Shooter Ultimate - Summer

Deception IV - March 28
MLB 14 - April 1
Conception 2 - April 2014
Demon Gaze - April 22
Mousecraft - May 2014
Xblaze (Aksys VN) - June 2014
Mind Zero - Spring 2014
Monster Monpiece - Spring 2014
Neptunia Idol Game - Spring 2014
Disgaea 4 - Summer 2014
Teslagrad - Summer 2014
Titan Invasion - Summer 2014(?)
Akiba's Trip 2 - Summer 2014
Danganronpa 2 - Fall 2014

For Need for Speed?
Think I'll be picking up a $50 PSN card on the way home so I can pick up NFS and then FFX HD when it releases

Flandy... find someone who has the game, or go to a gamestop with a used copy and ask to try it first.

I wish I would have done that, unless you are dying for a racer, all the races are repeated for cars in the same "class", honestly unless you truly need something.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
It seems pretty alright for 10 bucks. It's a lot like burnout paradise.

Skyzard

Banned
I actually wanted to update my list of games that are confirmed to be released for the Vita this year. Thanks for that. :)

I'll just put your list on top of mine so I won't forget to do it later.

Thanks for your own entries and dates as well, updated my txt file.

Just copying this here for those who were waiting for sale pricing on Project DIVA:

Just want to also comment on this while I'm here... you won't find us doing any notable discounts for either the PS VITA or the PS3 version when it comes to Miku. We don't want to condition fans to simply wait for a price drop a little ways down the road - we want to reward people who jump in early and support the launch of titles like this.

You can see part of that strategy via what we did with the PS3 physical copies - we made a limited run available and then stuck with our release price, even as places like Gamestop and Amazon sold out. In the long-term, those copies become rare and get some nice added value for the people who supported us from Day 1.

Different from what you may expect, but please get used to that - in a good way - when it comes to Miku.

Skyzard

Banned
They really should do this, but its too good an idea.

Yeah, they really have to make a deal and do a bundle so they can advertise the game and the console easily. Otherwise what a waste.

Been really hooked on Motorstorm RC recently, appreciating it a lot more now, great game, going to try and go for platinum.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Just copying this here for those who were waiting for sale pricing on Project DIVA:
I already knew/thought it was never going to happen. But, I guess I'm never going to own Miku now. I'm will to wage an avatar bet on that. And for clarification, I mean this current version of Miku. I'll stand my ground on no sales price like they are on their original price.

Flandy

Flandy... find someone who has the game, or go to a gamestop with a used copy and ask to try it first.

I wish I would have done that, unless you are dying for a racer, all the races are repeated for cars in the same "class", honestly unless you truly need something.

Doubt I can really go wrong for $5. Going to take my chances.

Didn't end up picking a card up. There was a crash that clogged up traffic so I didn't have time :\

dallow_bg

nods at old men

Hmm, I definitely saw copies of PD for sale on Amazon (and sold by them) a couple weeks ago.
And at Frys they sell new copies on the shelf. I had assumed there was a second print.

Tapejara

Hmm, I definitely saw copies of PD for sale on Amazon (and sold by them) a couple weeks ago.
And at Frys they sell new copies on the shelf. I had assumed there was a second print.

I assumed so as well. I saw Amazon.ca sell out quite quickly, but they restocked around December.

Doubt I can really go wrong for $5. Going to take my chances.

Didn't end up picking a card up. There was a crash that clogged up traffic so I didn't have time :\

Hah I missed it being only 5$, but can you afford the GB on your memory card?

My 32 is clogged constantly.

I've played a few hours of Herc's Adventures and I cannot recommend it. Very dated. Boring repetitive combat where you take damage no matter what, resulting in a war of attrition with scrub enemies. Environments are just dumb mazes and there's precious few places to save your game. It'd be unplayable without the Vita's suspend feature. Ugh.

I'll likely stick with it a bit longer but only thanks to a walkthrough.

Nice music and cool 16-bit visual style, though.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
PDF has never been on sale (at a discount) anywhere though.

Right, I was talking mostly about the possible 2nd print run.
I don't remember it being available anywhere other than Amazon and GS.

As far as discount, it was 39.99 for a week in-store only when I last saw it.

ZeroAKA

With the help of Sony Rewards (and the awesome GAFers who accepted my Vita referral from last year), I pretty much got PDf for free. Finally used up all of my Sony Rewards points too with $120 in my PSN account. :D

Guys does Metal Gear Solid/MGS VR Missions still have sound issues on Vita? Can't remember which of those games it was but I want to know before I go to transfer it from PS3.

Guys does Metal Gear Solid/MGS VR Missions still have sound issues on Vita? Can't remember which of those games it was but I want to know before I go to transfer it from PS3.

I've been playing MGS on my vita the past few days, and while I'm still fairly early in the game I haven't noticed any sound issues

Top Bottom