• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS3/PS4) | March 2014

anddo0

Cancel first one and make a new pre-order ?

I'll find out for sure next Friday when I pick up DS2. I see no reason why people who pre-ordered in-store can't get the code printed.. If anything, I'll cancel my in-store pre-order, and do an online in-store pickup instead.. 500pts= $5. So I want those points.

It still might have an airbill # -- if you can call Nippon Yasan, you'll get a quicker response than email/website requests and they speak decent english.

When I called to find out my airbill #, I was in the process of having the guy help me track my order and my credit with google voice ran out... I added more credit and called back like 5 minutes later and he already had found it, said it was in the hands of USPS and it cleared customs and I could track it with my insurance # via the USPS tracking site.

They just replied back to me that I didn't buy the shipping with tracking, so they can't give me anything. At what point do I file a dispute with PayPal that I didn't receive my item? I think I only have 45 days.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Oh wow. DeepDiscount.com actually shipped the Rugby game for Vita.
So if you're a collector, it's just $32 shipped from them rather than the $60-$70 prices going for it elsewhere.

What shipping method did you use?

Their FedEx option which was $30.
So the total shipped was $304 for both items.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Just get the Sony Rewards Credit Card you guys, With no annual fee and your first purchases lands you 5000 Sony Rewards Points which allows you to get hot ticket items such as a 12 year PlayStation + or a $50 PlayStation Network card

I applied a few days ago as a joke and they accepted me.

I'm in. May as well get a deep discount on inFAMOUS and link the new cc to my PS4. I'll set it to autopay from my bank account and at the end of the generation I'll visit my rewards and reap dat.

killatopak

Gold Member
I'm in. May as well get a deep discount on inFAMOUS and link the new cc to my PS4. I'll set it to autopay from my bank account and at the end of the generation I'll visit my rewards and reap dat.

You have to use it at least yearly since the points have an expiration date.

I'm really enjoying Smart As. This is definitely one of the Vita's most overlooked games. Clone or not it's very good.

Yeah, I agree. Its not a game I'd have ever picked up but for free I thought it was worth a shot. Its a surprisingly fun pick up and play game for me to play a few minutes when at work etc.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Someone tell me about this app. How many classic arcade games are available? Any good ones? How's the emulation?

not many classics on it. I have Time Pilot and Asteroids on mine, I think there was centipede too?

isn't it free to download and take a look?

Ok, so I got the more points from link posted earlier and am pleasantly surprised to see that I have enough points to get a $10. Unfortunately, I cant seem to checkout as I keep seeing 'We cannot complete the transaction'. Doesnt say anything other than that, might it be because I live in Asia?

Unfortunately, I cant seem to checkout as I keep seeing 'We cannot complete the transaction'.
Yeah, have the same problem.
Have more than 1000 points, but can't complete the order. I'm from Europe, but use my US psn account (which is linked to Sony Rewards) for almost all digital purchases.
Maybe it's IP-locked?

Yeah, have the same problem.
Have more than 1000 points, but can't complete the order. I'm from Europe, but use my US psn account (which is linked to Sony Rewards) for almost all digital purchases.
Maybe it's IP-locked?

If it is, VPN does not seem to be one solution to completing the transaction. Makes connections time out like crap.

Oh and KLK is a fantastic anime, aside from the fanservice. Not a fan of that.

ZeroCoin

Vita arrived last night and I spent the night loading up my 64gb card with some games. Of course, I had to start with spelunky to have something to play while the persona and final fantasy collections installed. Then I tried out some ps4 remote play with awesomenauts.

I did notice some dark areas on the screen when a dark loading screen appeared. Is this the mura effect that everyone talks about? Doesn't really bother me as it doesn't affect normal use, just curious. If that's a normal occurrence, then the grade 7 I received looks to be in perfect condition.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah apparently those splotches are supposed to be acceptable. Which they're not. At all. It's hilarious to me trying to imagine a cellphone with that level of defectiveness. But somehow it's acceptable on a handheld..

not many classics on it. I have Time Pilot and Asteroids on mine, I think there was centipede too?

isn't it free to download and take a look?
Thanks. Yeah the app is free. I'll take a look - I'm just away from my Vita at the moment. Time Pilot and Centepede are decent time wasters.

If it is, VPN does not seem to be one solution to completing the transaction. Makes connections time out like crap.

Oh and KLK is a fantastic anime, aside from the fanservice. Not a fan of that.
Hm. I wonder what's the reason then.
Didn't really care about these reward points until I discovered I actually have enough to get something, and now I'm kind of sad that I can't get my free 10$ code :(

P.S. Yes, KLK is great!

Foxix Von

Oh wow. DeepDiscount.com actually shipped the Rugby game for Vita.
So if you're a collector, it's just $32 shipped from them rather than the $60-$70 prices going for it elsewhere.

Their FedEx option which was $30.
So the total shipped was $304 for both items.

Dang... I'm jealous. I ordered a 2000 pink vita off of nippon yasan a couple days ago and I'm still waiting for them to ship it :(

Yeah apparently those splotches are supposed to be acceptable. Which they're not. At all. It's hilarious to me trying to imagine a cellphone with that level of defectiveness. But somehow it's acceptable on a handheld..
Yeah... They get a little better with time and use but tbh I always felt the oled screen to be tad overrated and I never got the hype. The contrast is awesome but the colors are kind of blown out and highly exaggerated as a result. The screen on mine has not only mura but the strange vertical line problem as well as some awful screen grain.

Hence me now jumping over a hoop to grab an import 2000. I suppose I could just wait till it comes out here but it's not that much more expensive and I want my cute penguin colors damn it.

killatopak

Gold Member
Dang... I'm jealous. I ordered a 2000 pink vita off of nippon yasan a couple days ago and I'm still waiting for them to ship it :(

Yeah... They get a little better with time and use but tbh I always felt the oled screen to be tad overrated and I never got the hype. The contrast is awesome but the colors are kind of blown out and highly exaggerated as a result. The screen on mine has not only mura but the strange vertical line problem as well as some awful screen grain.

Hence me now jumping over a hoop to grab an import 2000. I suppose I could just wait till it comes out here but it's not that much more expensive and I want my cute penguin colors damn it.

Pink <3

Yup. Its not even properly scaled to the Vitas screen. Its this tiny ass little window.
This is offensive to my sensibilities.

edit:
finally got logged in. I think I'm really going to like this game.
Late quote, but whatever. NFS is a great game, glad you like it. Also super happy all these Vitamuffins here are buying the game. I mean, at $5 that is a helluva deal. Heck even $10 is a great deal for that game. I paid $20, and I still am extremely pleased with my purchase.

Perhaps now I'll be able to more easily Plat it! only like 3 trophies away...

nampad

Need a quick answer, can I keep playing Ys Celceta after I have beaten the endboss so I can finish up sidequests or do I have to do it before?

Foxix Von

Late quote, but whatever. NFS is a great game, glad you like it. Also super happy all these Vitamuffins here are buying the game. I mean, at $5 that is a helluva deal. Heck even $10 is a great deal for that game. I paid $20, and I still am extremely pleased with my purchase.

Perhaps now I'll be able to more easily Plat it! only like 3 trophies away...

What are the odds that I'll enjoy it if I just traded in rivals because I though it was crap?

monkeyhat

I used to love the Katamari games, so I picked up Touch My Katamari in the PSN sale. Although it's not the BEST Katamari game, I really enjoyed it as a reminder of the series.

A colleague told me the old PSP Me And My Katamari game was fun too, and since it was also super-cheap in the sale I thought I'd pick that up too.

However, although it's listed in the store as PSP / PS Vita, I've no idea how to put it on my Vita. I've only had the console for a month so I might be missing something, but I can't add it to my download list from the PS Store. Any ideas?

Wow, it looks nice.

Did they say how long you'll be temp banned?

Nope, they said there was no way to tell since it's with Sony's head office. It's really bad customer service, it has to be said. I've probably racked up nearly £30 in phone bills now trying to get in touch with a rep on the phone.

nampad

What are the odds that I'll enjoy it if I just traded in rivals because I though it was crap?

It is more like Burnout Paradise than NFS: Hot Pursuit (what Rivals is).
No annoying cop chases at every corner and much more to explore in the city. there are many hidden billboards, jumps and gates.

anddo0

With all this NFS: MW talk. I've decided to copy it back to my Vita. It's a really good game. The pop-in can be annoying. But that's my only real complaint.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
With all this NFS: MW talk. I've decided to copy it back to my Vita. It's a really good game. The pop-in can be annoying. But that's my only real complaint.

Need for Speed MOdern Warfare is indeed pretty awesome.

Need for Speed MOdern Warfare is indeed pretty awesome.

Pretty sure I got spawn killed in NFSMW PS3 than in any of the PS3 CoD games. Drifting and jumping events are the absolute worst shit ever. Is that still plaguing online in the Vita version? When I buy racing games I like to actually race ^_^

killatopak

Gold Member
Nope, they said there was no way to tell since it's with Sony's head office. It's really bad customer service, it has to be said. I've probably racked up nearly £30 in phone bills now trying to get in touch with a rep on the phone.

Well that sucks. Hope the hacker gets caught soon so you'll at least be satisfied. WTF at your phone bills though. Do they charge you guys for every call? IIRC in my place we just pay a subscription fee monthly and we get access to unlimited calls.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I tried three times to get online last night and was thorougly rebuffed. I've had an easier time playing online in Ridge Racer.

ZeroCoin

Eh, like I said it really doesn't bother me. The display looks gorgeous. If the only downside is that parts of it look a little off when the screen is basically not in use...I can handle it.

Skyzard

Banned
Jtwo you've taken your vita back? Or did you accept the splotches :p

I'm a big fan of NFS:MW because it's an open world racer on Vita. I launch the game in airplane mode because it constantly freezes retrieving my friend data for billboards and stuff. I never bother with online. The racing is okay. I put a lot of hours into it (60+), best thing about it is just cruising in an open world with different cars. Game has its problems, for $5-10 it's definitely worth a buy. It's a very impressive handheld game.

Galak-Z coming to the Vita is awesome news, gameplay sounds like a lot of fun.

And welcome back SmokeyDave :)

RalchAC

iiw5izIM01Lpj.gif

Where are those pics from? You have plenty of them xD
____

Mmmm... sad NFSMW isn't on sale on EU too.

I have the game on PS+ (PS3) though. Is it good? My favorite NFS game was 2005 Most Wanted. Really liked that game structure. The blurry CG videos were weird though xD

nampad

Argh those annoying sidequests in Ys Celceta, especially that shaman bitch.
Missable trophies/dialogues are also bad :(

Top Bottom