• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Now officially coming to PC

oSoLucky

I captured some footage in case anyone's interested in seeing this running without downloading the client and setting it up.

I was honestly quite impressed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiNNx5mnKIc

So I've played a whole bunch on Windows 10 and this really works well. Even played some multiplayer Street Fighter and won matches no problem.

So I just started a 7 day trial on the ps4 and WOW, this service is great!

Played some Katamari, Mercury, Asura's Wrath, Adventure Time and I just beat Journey for the first time. I need me some Demons Souls!

This is what a lot of us have been trying to say. The service works if you have a solid connection and/or near a data center. Some people will try to convince you that there are 200 frames if input lag in every game.

Tarin02543

Lol, I've just played some Warhawk, I played this alot back in 2009 I think.

I'm amazed that there are still so many active servers.

This thing is a time machine!

anyone experiencing issues with control? i cant seem to jog in tlou:left behind unless i tilt the left analog stick to either the left or right. there is nothing wrong with my controller, im using x360

twonha

Neo Member
anyone experiencing issues with control? i cant seem to jog in tlou:left behind unless i tilt the left analog stick to either the left or right. there is nothing wrong with my controller, im using x360

Ah, so thát's how I might fix that! Some games are a bit too precise for the Xbox sticks, I'm guessing that's an issue. For me the jogging was cutting on/off/on/off occasionally, I thought it had to do with lag or something.

Okay, so it's a streaming service, and the bitrate's not always as high as it should be. But honestly, I'm finding The Last of Us to be just as gripping as it was when I played it on PS3. I appreciate that Sony has brought this service to PC, really cool.

It has me wondering though: if Sony can bring PS3 games to PC... Has Microsoft been sleeping and snoozing? OG Xbox and Xbox 360 games streaming to PC for, say, €10 or €15 a month, I'd seriously consider that and it would fit nicely into the Xbox gaming atmosphere.

anyone know of a way to connect dualshock 3 controller to pc? cant believe sony never released a driver. ive googled it but scared to get virus
Ah, so thát's how I might fix that! Some games are a bit too precise for the Xbox sticks, I'm guessing that's an issue. For me the jogging was cutting on/off/on/off occasionally, I thought it had to do with lag or something.

Okay, so it's a streaming service, and the bitrate's not always as high as it should be. But honestly, I'm finding The Last of Us to be just as gripping as it was when I played it on PS3. I appreciate that Sony has brought this service to PC, really cool.

It has me wondering though: if Sony can bring PS3 games to PC... Has Microsoft been sleeping and snoozing? OG Xbox and Xbox 360 games streaming to PC for, say, €10 or €15 a month, I'd seriously consider that and it would fit nicely into the Xbox gaming atmosphere.

yh im surprised by the quality myself. graphics seem really good for something that is being streamed.

ive found the xbox one controller works a little better but still not perfect.

Yazuka

Don't know if it has been mentioned or suggested or even the right topic to ask this in. But will you able to use the dongle with other pc applications? Like steam.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I did the free trial, I think personally for £12.99 a month it would be good value for someone maybe who missed out on these games first time and quickly wanted to play through them.

For anybody else I can't see the value, if this service had PS4 games I would say for sure it is worth it but that isn't going to happen for a number of reasons.
There are 300 or so games. Who can honestly say they've played anywhere close to all the games on the service? What I love about PS Now is that I get to dip in to the countless PS3 games I never tried. I have a PS3 and have a lot of games for it. But there's tons of quality stuff in the subscription I never played for various reasons.

oSoLucky

There are 300 or so games. Who can honestly say they've played anywhere close to all the games on the service? What I love about PS Now is that I get to dip in to the countless PS3 games I never tried. I have a PS3 and have a lot of games for it. But there's tons of quality stuff in the subscription I never played for various reasons.

I definitely see the value especially if you want to play games like Disgaea D2 and Trails of Cold Steel which are still decently expensive.

Vuze

So I'm sure some people here tested it outside of the launch countries. I setup an UK account but as expected it wants PP or CC. Neither of my real ones work, nor do fake CC numbers. How did you circumvent this requirement?

Top Bottom