• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Now officially coming to PC

gossi

They do. The PS4, Vita, PSTV, PS3, PC etc. all use the same save.

Yep, I just got my old Street Fighter stuff back. Sweet. Going to try it on a £100 Windows 10 tablet next.

Screen for anybody interested.

4t37Gq3.jpg

Joey Ravn

Banned
I'll gladly take this for a spin when it comes to Spain. I know I could try it with a VPN, but, realistically, I don't think that would do a streaming service any good.

Does the app still allow for a la carte rentals if you don't want a subscription? Most Sony games are reasonably priced for a la carte rentals. Ubisoft games on the other hand... hoo boy!

The latency (and price) kind of ruin it. Otherwise I would try out a few games.

If you like 3rd person action titles (which imo the Playstation platform is tops at) then the subscription is worth it for 30 days.

Uncharted series, Sly Cooper, Ratchet & Clank and The Last of Us titles are easily worth it if you haven't played them yet.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Man Sonic Unleashed fucking sucked on PS3. I randomly decided that this would be the first game I tried on the PC app and oh boy once the initial cutscene was over did I notice the difference between the 360 version.

Agent X

Not getting the hype around this announcement, we can't adjust any of the graphics/performance settings and then there's the latency to contend with.

Is it possible to alter the settings via mods or hacks? Otherwise I'll just stick to playing these games on my actual ps3.

What settings? These are PS3 games that are being streamed over the Internet. The only settings you can modify are the ones that were already present within the original PS3 game.

Does the app still allow for a la carte rentals if you don't want a subscription? Most Sony games are reasonably priced for a la carte rentals. Ubisoft games on the other hand... hoo boy!

I don't believe they are offering individual game rentals anymore. A few weeks ago, I noticed that the individual rentals disappeared from within the PS Now listings. Only the subscription plan is showing up now.

JMY86

I don't believe they are offering individual game rentals anymore. A few weeks ago, I noticed that the individual rentals disappeared from within the PS Now listings. Only the subscription plan is showing up now.

That is a shame, I used to rent games from time to time. The pricing of PS Now has been insanely high since day one. Demon's Souls and/or a reasonable pricing structure might be the only thing that might get me to bite.

Defect

So I just started a 7 day trial on the ps4 and WOW, this service is great!

Played some Katamari, Mercury, Asura's Wrath, Adventure Time and I just beat Journey for the first time. I need me some Demons Souls!

What settings? These are PS3 games that are being streamed over the Internet. The only settings you can modify are the ones that were already present within the original PS3 game.

Yeah. I just looked on PS4. They seem to be gone. Huh. They were hard to find before, but I can't seem to find them anywhere. I don't get why they would drop that. I mean, technically it is not cost effective for players to do a la carte, but having the option was nice.

Loudninja

These games were added this month

• Child of Light (Ubisoft)
  • Eternal Sonata (Bandai Namco)
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel (Xseed Games)
  • Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten (Nippon Ichi Software)
  • Legasista (Nippon Ichi Software)
  • The Awakened Fate Ultimatum (Nippon Ichi Software)
  • Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls (Xseed Games)
  • Faery: Legends of Avalon (Focus Home Interactive)
  • Rise of the Argonauts (Codemasters)
  • Mars: War Logs (Focus Home Interactive)
  • Battle Princess of Arcadias (Nippon Ichi Software)
  • Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice (Nippon Ichi Software)
  • Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness (Nippon Ichi Software)
  • The Guided Fate Paradox (Nippon Ichi Software)
  • Dragon Fin Soup (Grimm Bros)
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/08/02/playstation-now-15-new-rpgs-available-today/

GametimeUK

Does anyone have any experience using PSNow on Vita?

Me and I really enjoy it. Shoulder buttons can be a hindrance,but ultimately I really enjoyed it. I have only played with very good speeds and connections. I'm not sure how PSNOW scales when it goes to lower speeds.

Tagyhag

So I just started a 7 day trial on the ps4 and WOW, this service is great!

Played some Katamari, Mercury, Asura's Wrath, Adventure Time and I just beat Journey for the first time. I need me some Demons Souls!

Ugh yes please, I just need that or MGS4.

Can you use the service with an X1 controller?

gossi

So I've played a whole bunch on Windows 10 and this really works well. Even played some multiplayer Street Fighter and won matches no problem.

Is there a PS3 version of The Order?
PlayStation Now Could Add PS4, PS2, and PS1 Games, Sony Says
"In our plans going forward we’re looking at everything so there’s the real possibility that you’ll see PlayStation 1, PlayStation 2, and PlayStation 4 titles available," VP of Sony Network Entertainment Eric Lempel told Game Informer in an interview. "Right now it’s just PlayStation 3, but these are all options for the future."
sorry bout it

Is port begging allowed now? Nobody seems to be warned for it any more.

Man, you sure love to say "port begging" a lot. And read the mod post about port begging before getting so upset at people wanting a game on a service that is available to them to pay for and enjoy. Because if everyone went by your logic, asking for certain movies on Netflix would be "begging" too.

I'm sorry about common sense. In the future PS4 games will be legacy.
okay, but obviously people are asking for titles to come in the future. nobody is demanding the order come to ps now right this second.

it's not ridiculous to hope that sony games will come to a sony platform (PS Now)

Top Bottom