• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Picks Sale NA

Kill3r7

yakuza and nier are tempting but i assume they'll be cheaper by bf. destiny gonna take up a lotta time

That's my stand for both the PSN and Gamefly sales. Lots of reasonably priced games but I have no time to play them until after the holidays.

Mooreberg

yakuza and nier are tempting but i assume they'll be cheaper by bf. destiny gonna take up a lotta time
Kinda where I am at because of backlog. Is Yakuza 0 really on enough retail shelves though? Or has Amazon usually been good with the previous game on Black Friday? Never really noticed before. Might just wait it out since I don't have PS+ anymore.

Isometric turn-based RPG with loads of humor and surprising amount of freedom in how you approach well...much of the game design. Controls are simple and are adapted well(lots of radial menus and combat plays out kind of similar to how XCom or Rabbids mechanically works on console since it is also turn-based with action points, but obviously it differs in function).

Great for co-op too, especially on the couch or online. It's a very safe buy at that price, even if you end up disliking it, it is very much worth a few bucks to try.

Divinity is one of the best games ever made IMO. Definitely one of the best pc style rpgs ever made to be sure.

kirblar

SFV swimsuit costume bundle that's on sale is new. (It's a small discount because the bundle is already half off the prior price.)

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Fuuuuuuuck!!! I was so happy finally pick up Yakuza 0 because I recently got $50 PSN card.

But I forgot this US PSN. In Canada PSN it's priced $55.99.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Kinda where I am at because of backlog. Is Yakuza 0 really on enough retail shelves though? Or has Amazon usually been good with the previous game on Black Friday? Never really noticed before. Might just wait it out since I don't have PS+ anymore.

no idea but i'm assuming it'll become cheaper than this on digital at some point even if its hard to find on disk (i.e. maybe when yakuza 6 is out or something)

fyi nier is cheaper on disk at $34.99 at Best Buy this week. or 27.99 w/ GCU

Eusis

Nier Automata, Yakuza 0, Titanfall 2... and it's my birthday Thursday. Oh man, I wish someone would just give me a bunch of PSN credit for my birthday.

I'll at least get Yakuza 0 maybe, especially as i think I have enough to claim a $10 code. Maybe Titanfall 2 then too, but Nier will probably have to wait.

J_Viper

Ti2anfall seems like a great deal, but that game is probably dead already, especially without EA Access to help keep it active

Fantastic sale.

It is really complicated and impenetrable. I'd only recommend it to PC RPGs enthusiasts,
I'll second this

I was expecting a turn-based Diablo. I was wrong.

Elandyll

Banned
Yakuza 0 and Dragon Quest Builders on the same sale? Incredible.

Seriously all, get Dragon Quest Builders.
I had it on the shelves for months, only the kids playing it, but I tried it last week, and I'm hooked.

It really is a great game at the crossroads of (simplified) minecraft and a (simplified) action jrpg.

Am on chapter 2 and dying to get back in.

Eusis

Fantastic sale.

It is really complicated and impenetrable. I'd only recommend it to PC RPGs enthusiasts,

I'll second this

I was expecting a turn-based Diablo. I was wrong.
If you're willing to sink your teeth into an RPG then definitely check it out. But if you want something on the lighter side mechanically and simpler to get into, yeah, you'd probably be better off with DQH or Nier or something.

images
You had me before you even said 'hello' OP.

ZoronMaro

Got really excited about Root Letter, till I realized that was the PS+ discount.

That and Titanfall 2 are still tempting, but with my backlog it'd a while before I even touch them.

Good deal on Yakuza 0, but I'd rather get that one physical and black friday is around the corner so I'll wait it out.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Feels like there is a PSN sale every other day lol.

That's the idea...(always a sale occurring any given day of the calendar year on PSN)

-Every Tues there is a new sale(coinciding with PSN storefront update). These last the week and replaced with the following Tues sale with a new batch.
-At least once a month(sometimes more) a 'flash' sale occurs on a Fri. These go through weekend and coincide with that week's 'Tues' sale from above simultaneously with new offers on different games.
-A few times a year extended sales will happen(holiday mega sales over break, often something in Jan/Feb too; E3 for sure as well in summer). These can go 2-3 weeks and usually are larger in scale.

Shin

Banned
Feels like there is a PSN sale every other day lol.

There is, the moment one ends another start with sometimes up to 3 sales going at once.
Basically if your library isn't big you can get games at a discounted price every week, like me.

DeviantBoi

Didn't even realize Dragon Quest Heroes II had been released. And it's on sale?

Was gonna pick it up, but then I saw some reviews and videos.

Doubt I would get around to play it with Destiny 2 consuming me right now.

Kill3r7

Didn't even realize Dragon Quest Heroes II had been released. And it's on sale?

Was gonna pick it up, but then I saw some reviews and videos.

Doubt I would get around to play it with Destiny 2 consuming me right now.

There will be similar, mostly likely better, sales during BF/XMas. By then you might be tired of D2 and looking for something else to play.

Ti2anfall seems like a great deal, but that game is probably dead already, especially without EA Access to help keep it active

It's not dead on PS4. I never have trouble finding a match. At most it was like a minute maybe two wait for Frontier Defense one time but other that that it's been good. I thought Destiny would ruin the player base but there are still plenty there.

Tempted to get Titanfall 2 at that price..

You should, it's plenty fun and there is a lot of value to that price. You have a good single player campaign, fun PvP, and (my personal fave) a PvE horde/tower defense mode. Plays well too, is really smooth. I got it for $25 last year on sale and have gotten my money's worth several times over.

One day Yakuza 0 will be mine. But it is not this day, too much to play right now.

Ooo, Axiom Verge is tempting, but I think I'll save my appetite for Metroidvania for the real McCoy, Samus Returns.

Wish Undertale would go on sale too.

TBH, it's truly "Metroid" rather than the mishmash term evokes. It "gets" what Metroid was/is about like pretty much no other game I've played in the genre.

I wouldn't skip out on it, especially at that price, unless you're planning on getting it on Steam.

labx

Banned
Anyone have an discount code? I need 1 dollar to buy Divinity but in my country the psn cards are out. Thanks!

epmode

It looks and plays like Baldur's Gate, on a console. Whether that's good or bad is up to you.

Original Sin has a completely different combat system than Baldur's Gate. BG is realtime with pause, Original Sin is turn-based.

(Original Sin has the best turn-based RPG combat I've ever seen)

That Titanfall 2 price is fucking sick! Anyone who hasn't gotten it yet would be retarded not to grab it at that price.

Nier's price is disappointing though, especially considering it's $28 at BB this week with GCU.

Top Bottom