• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Plus Games for March: Broforce, Galak-Z, More

FZW

The last guy is really fun. I bought it back when the PS3 was new and had a great time

Bought it around the time it was launched, bored me to tears

Stardust is great but its been free/ on sale so many times that im sure most ppl already own it.

Reality fighters is just garbage

Flame over might be good i guess

Already own broforce on PC

Hope Galak-Z is good.

really is a lazy month for Sony

neonille

So another month with a twin-stick shooter and a 2d-platformer with pixel art?

Am i stuck in a timeloop or something?

Wait...where is Bill Murray???

neonille

And I'm fine with people wanting specific games or genres. But arbitrarily asking for a budget a game was made at or even a bad game that used to be sold at $60 because it represents "better value", despite the fact it's easily found below $20 now, is just so frustrating. It feels like if I charged $60 for a kick to the nuts and Sony gave it away on PS+, some people would be happy.

If Sony is reading this, I'm willing to give away the $100 collector edition where it comes with a second kick to the nuts, the moment immortalized in a photograph that I will sign and the shoe that hit their testicles.

Yeah...but..Tower of guns.

Seriously....We got Tower of guns.....
So much for quality...

gogosox82

Those are some nice games for the ps4 and man those are some old games to get on the ps3. I would imagine almost everyone who wanted Super Stardust would have it buy now. It was free with the Welcome back program and its been discounted so many times on the store.

Seriously....We got Tower of guns.....
So much for quality...

Hey, Tower of Guns is sitting at 4 out of 5 stars on PSN right now so it must be pretty good and your opinion is an outlier. Though to be fair I often find PSN star ratings to skew higher than other places on average. I thought ToG was decent at best.

Bishop89

Hey, Tower of Guns is sitting at 4 out of 5 stars on PSN right now so it must be pretty good and your opinion is an outlier. Though to be fair I often find PSN star ratings to skew higher than other places on average. I thought ToG was decent at best.

what was so great about it?

Hasney

Games are up in the UK, so likely all of Europe too. As usual, there's a cock up pointed out by El_Cinefilo in the Plus community thread and Flame Over, which isn't cross buy, is free for the PS4 too. Grab it while you can

Ducktail

Not happy that Bro Force won over AAC but Galak-Z is a great game, and I'm generally not a fan of Shmups.

I feel the same way.

And to PSN giving me "fillfhy" indie tittles I would have never bought anyway: keep them coming. I don't want AAA tittles- those get plenty of publicity and I can make an informed decision of whether to purchase them or not- plus, they're always 50% off at some time within the first 6 months.

2 of my all time favourite COOP games were given due to PSN plus. Towerfall and Rocket League. Thank you, Sony.

delSai

Games are up in the UK, so likely all of Europe too. As usual, there's a cock up pointed out by El_Cinefilo in the Plus community thread and Flame Over, which isn't cross buy, is free for the PS4 too. Grab it while you can
Yup, up in Germany as well. Downloading Broforce and Flame Over right now.

ghostlight_ross

Ghostlight

Just posted this over there too, but I've looked into it and the PS4 version of Flame Over is meant to be free as well, so it's working correctly :)

Bishop89

yay they're finally up!

Edit: Didnt realize flame over was a ps4 title too, unless the description is wrong on the ps4 store.

What a terrible month. Added this shit to my account and I'm probably never going to touch any of it.

BTW, I noticed at a store today that PS+ cards on the store are no longer given in bluray cases but as simple cards instead. At the same time they removed any mention of PS3 and Vita from them. PSN Wallet cards also got a new look and they still say that they're for all systems - PS4, PS3 and Vita.

May be foreshadowing that they're ending free PS3 and Vita games soon.

VLiberty

What a terrible month. Added this shit to my account and I'm probably never going to touch any of it.

BTW, I noticed at a store today that PS+ cards on the store are no longer given in bluray cases but as simple cards instead. At the same time they removed any mention of PS3 and Vita from them. PSN Wallet cards also got a new look and they still say that they're for all systems - PS4, PS3 and Vita.

May be foreshadowing that they're ending free PS3 and Vita games soon.

hopefully this is bullshit. In case, they have to give no less than 4 games total and no less than 2 cross buy games.
edit:
1532.jpg

1531.jpg

oh boy

Nothus

I bought Galak-Z when it first came out and had a lot of fun with it, it's a great game.
However, I predict a lot of people will be put off and frustrated by it's brutal difficulty levels and harsh saving system.

RK128

hopefully this is bullshit. In case, they have to give no less than 4 games total and no less than 2 cross buy games.
edit:
1532.jpg

1531.jpg

oh boy

They are planing to cut ties with PS3/Vita soon? Welp......I'm going to be quite sour when that happens X(.

The worse part is that I can't unsubscribe when that happens, as all the Plus games are tied to your account and I will lose some great stuff if I cancel my sub :(.

Hopeful Sony doesn't remove any systems from the service......as that would be a real shame to PS3 and Vita owners :(.

edit:
1532.jpg

1531.jpg

oh boy

That's what they look like in Finland as well.

Well, if PS3 and Vita get cut from this (it's a matter of time really) I hope we finally start getting better stuff for PS4. Going from 2012 and 2013's constant barrage of triple-A's to the indiefest that we have today sucks big time.

VLiberty

They are planing to cut ties with PS3/Vita soon? Welp......I'm going to be quite sour when that happens X(.

The worse part is that I can't unsubscribe when that happens, as all the Plus games are tied to your account and I will lose some great stuff if I cancel my sub :(.

Hopeful Sony doesn't remove any systems from the service......as that would be a real shame to PS3 and Vita owners :(.
I seriously hope they're not that crappy to not even guarantee at least two crossbuy games per month.

KORNdoggy

Well, if PS3 and Vita get cut from this (it's a matter of time really) I hope we finally start getting better stuff for PS4. Going from 2012 and 2013's constant barrage of triple-A's to the indiefest that we have today sucks big time.

debatable...

personally i'd rather a month of broforce and galak-z then a bunch of AAA titles. why?because I've played those triple A titles already. in fact i've played most all worthwhile PS4 AAA titles already...and i'm pretty sure i'm not alone in that. there is more "perceived" value, sure.... they can tick the box that reads "2 full retail PS4 games every month" but i'd rather get a load of stuff i don't have, never played, and yet am usually pleasantly surprised by.

i mean, i'll never understand people's desire for KNACK to be offered on PS+??

for one it's awful.
and for 2, it's so old most people who had any genuine desire to play it, have done

Really only good thing is a try at galak-z if you own a PS4 =D

Which means I need to borrow a buddies.

Oh I know, I bought Galak-z months ago and loved it, which is why I was questioning whether or not he'd actually tried it before assuming it was crap.

debatable...

personally i'd rather a month of broforce and galak-z then a bunch of AAA titles. why?because I've played those triple A titles already. in fact i've played most all worthwhile PS4 AAA titles already...and i'm pretty sure i'm not alone in that. there is more "perceived" value, sure.... they can tick the box that reads "2 full retail PS4 games every month" but i'd rather get a load of stuff i don't have, never played, and yet am usually pleasantly surprised by.

i mean, i'll never understand people's desire for KNACK to be offered on PS+??

for one it's awful.
and for 2, it's so old most people who had any genuine desire to play it, have done

I don't get it either. The games we've been getting are good, I can't think of a single AAA game that I haven't already played, or that can't be picked up for next to nothing (Knack, Killzone, Black Flag) that would be better than something like Galak-Z.

PulseONE

Broforce and Galax-Z look like great games for sure, just not really my genres. Hopefully will get an RPG or something next month.

cheesekao

Looks like Asia's getting Muramasa Rebirth as a Vita PS+ game. That's pretty damn sweet as I've been wanting to buy that game for the longest time but can never find a physical copy.

Super Stardust HD
Really? I mean it's a great game but everyone already has it. It was even one of the free games they offered as part of the welcome back program

Along with 3 or 4 other games, where you had the choice to pick 2. I haven't played SSD HD or any of the games this month. To be fair, the only one I'm looking forward to is Galak-Z, but that one alone seems worth it this month.

Bishop89

did anyone else download flame over (ps4)?

My download wont start, but i think its coz of that weird glitch where you "needs you" to create more space.

Fail, I just sold my ps4 on Craigslist because all they want to give us is indie trash

I am going to sell all my old ps1 and ps2 stuff too as a result. I am so pissed

Rixa

So much has changed from year ago when I bought these 2.
I agree, I would gladly drop PS3 & Vita (I own both) from PS+ monthly games, if it gives better games for PS4.

VLiberty

So much has changed from year ago when I bought these 2.

I agree, I would gladly drop PS3 & Vita (I own both) from PS+ monthly games, if it gives better games for PS4.

Like which ones?
I'd like to know which are these mythical "better PS4 games" people always talk about. Genuinely curious. I can hardly name a lot of PS4 games that look better than Rocket League or Velocity 2x, let alone in the <20€ area (the price you could find all the old PS3 offerings for at the moment they were included on PS+ back in 2012/3)

Like which ones?
I'd like to know which are these mythical "better PS4 games" people always talk about. Genuinely curious. I can hardly name a lot of PS4 games that look better than Rocket League or Velocity 2x, let alone in the <20€ area (the price you could find all the old PS3 offerings for at the moment they were included on PS+ back in 2012/3)

They don't have to be better, they just need to be AAA. For variety, apparently.

Footos22

Why are you ppl that are pissed about the games even adding them to your library. Your basically just saying. Thanks for the games and Sony is probably thinking. They love this shit, feed em more. You are a part of your problem.

Massa

Why are you ppl that are pissed about the games even adding them to your library. Your basically just saying. Thanks for the games and Sony is probably thinking. They love this shit, feed em more. You are a part of your problem.

Sony tracks downloads so that's not a problem. People should definitely check out the games either way, one day they might realize they're great games.

Top Bottom