• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Premium Service announced [S-CONF]

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Galvanise_ said:
What a shit first two months. I'm holding off. I have most of that stuff, and I'll manually download my patches thanks.

But by subscribing you get a PSN+ icon near your PSN ID for all your friends to see! How can you resist? :p

I do agree tho. At the moment I'm only interested in the full games download (which don't require PSN+ anyway) but only if they include English track.

just for fun:

Intro offer: LBP (standard edition) (?.??€)

Month 1: June 29th – August 3rd

PSN PS3: Wipeout HD (17.99€)
minis: Field Runners (4.99€) , Age of Zombies (4.99€)
PSone: Destruction Derby (4.99€)
Full Game Trial: Shatter, Savage Moon
Discounts: LBP God of War Pack – 50% (1.99€ -> 1.00€), LBP: LocoRoco costume pack – 50% (2.99€ -> 1.50€), Gravity Crash – 20% (7.99€ -> 6.39€), Fat Princess DLC – 20% (?.??€)
Premium Game Element: KillZone 2: Steel & Titanium DLC (5.99€) free as well?
Push demo: ModNation Racers, Heavy Rain
Dynamic Themes: LBP Theme (1.99€) , SCEE produced: PlayStation “Game Is Just The Start” Dynamic Theme
2 x Fat Princess Premium Avatars (?.??€, probably 2x 0.25€)

in total:
41.44€ (ca. £34) free content, 3,09+€ discount, one bonus dynamic theme, 2 exclusive 1h trials of which 1 game wouldn't have a regular demo (so far).

Month 2: August 4th – September 1st

PSN PS3: Zen Pinball (7.99€)
minis: Blast-Off (2.99€) , Alien Zombie Death (2.99€)
PSone: Medievil (4.99€)
Full Game Trial: inFamous, Mushroom Wars
Discounts: Zen Pinball Earth Defence Table – 20% (1.99€ -> 1.59€) , Warhawk Triple Combo Pack – 50% (11.99€ -> 6.00€) , Super Stardust HD – 20% (7.99€ -> 6.39€) , WipeOutHD Fury – 20% (9.99€ -> 7.99€)
Premium Game Elements: Motorstorm Pacific Rift: Adrenaline Pack (5.99€)
Push Demo: Flower, Pixel Junk Shooter
Themes: “SCEE produced: PlayStation Plus Dynamic Theme, Heavy Rain Crime Scene Theme (1.99€)
2 x Heavy Rain Avatars (Bird and Butterfly) (2x 0.25€)

in total:
27.44€(ca. £22) free content, 9.99€ discount, one bonus dynamic theme, 2 exclusive 1h trials, push demo for Flower which has no regular demo so far.

New PS3 users or people who don't buy much on PSN are obviously the people who gain the most of this, the two months already are more worth than a yearly PSN+ subscription + the other features you get. On the other hand, Sony would also gain because these people wouldn't have bought much on their own.

Cruzader

Banned
TTP said:
That's the cool stuff regular members get thanks to the money Plus members give to Sony.
How are Full PS3 DD games thanx to PSN+ members??? Like did that cost more $$ for Sony to put them on their servers if they are 6+ GB each or did it take $$ for these full game to end up in digital format?(extra time to test them out in digital form)

I dont get it really. And the only benefit PSN+ members get with these DD games is a 1 Hour trial of the DD PS3 games? Thats lame. How about a discount on those DD PS3 games for PSN+ users.(Im guessing the store discounts only are for PSN games not PS3 DD games)

yencid

Cruzader said:
How are Full PS3 DD games thanx to PSN+ members??? Like did that cost more $$ for Sony to put them on their servers if they are 6+ GB each or did it take $$ for these full game to end up in digital format?(extra time to test them out in digital form)

I dont get it really. And the only benefit PSN+ members get with these DD games is a 1 Hour trial of the DD PS3 games? Thats lame. How about a discount on those DD PS3 games for PSN+ users.(Im guessing the store discounts only are for PSN games not PS3 DD games)
everything takes $ including servers space/upkeep.

MrPliskin

Banned
DMPrince said:
;)

This is a terrible service if they are just going to be selecting what content we can buy/try. I'm fine with the full game trial but when it comes down to discounts they pick, PSN, ps1 and mini games they choose for use to have during our subscription period is silly.

It just sounds to me they just want you to waste your money so they can continue testing consumers and see how they respond. i personally think we should just not give in to this! But yeah, it won't help much complaining online anyways.

Oh and spending many hours downloading full ps3 games only to play 1 hour is silly :lol.

Maybe it's not worth it now, but a few months from now maybe you'll be singing a different tune, no? I mean, they obviously have to start somewhere with their content, but there is a lot of potential for a service like this to alter your purchasing habits. If I know I'm going to get stuff cheaper later on, I won't buy day one. This is the way I've been with almost all of my DD purchases since last year when Sony started doing 'deals' on PSN. If I can stack this on top of all that, it could work out as a pretty big money saver for me. Slamming it now because they are throwing in content you already own is silly.

When the landscape changes in a few months and there is more "new" content to go along side this, I think we'll see how good it really is.

yencid

CozMick said:
Woah, Woah, Wooooooah.......

A + next to my PSN id?

This changes everything!

Day ONE!

I'm being serious

:lol
i hope its this +

psplus.jpg

AndyD

aka andydumi
SolidusDave said:
just for fun:

New PS3 users or people who don't buy much on PSN are obviously the people who gain the most of this, the two months already are more worth than a yearly PSN+ subscription + the other features you get. On the other hand, Sony would also gain because these people wouldn't have bought much on their own.

As a heavy user/buyer, even I would get quite a bit of good stuff out of those two months: the minis and the PS1 one games, Zen Pinball, the KZ2 and MSPR DLC which I never bought either, as well as the themes and avatars.

So if I were in the UK I would sign up based on those 2 months. Plus LBP online would let me trade the disc away and get another oldie instead.

CozMick

Banned
Ok, so now that Sony have got my attention,

How are the subscriptions paid for?

Is it CC only or can PSN cards be added to your wallet to pay for it?

When does it start?

Also do you only get the + when you subscribe to a 12 month subscription?

MrPliskin said:
Maybe it's not worth it now, but a few months from now maybe you'll be singing a different tune, no? I mean, they obviously have to start somewhere with their content, but there is a lot of potential for a service like this to alter your purchasing habits. If I know I'm going to get stuff cheaper later on, I won't buy day one. This is the way I've been with almost all of my DD purchases since last year when Sony started doing 'deals' on PSN. If I can stack this on top of all that, it could work out as a pretty big money saver for me. Slamming it now because they are throwing in content you already own is silly.

When the landscape changes in a few months and there is more "new" content to go along side this, I think we'll see how good it really is.

They tried it with Qore. Provide us with Video Interviews, Exclusive pictures and videos, offer us free games, themes, and Select Betas.

They can promise things and say it's coming just to make sure you subscribe to their service. I won't be fooled again, Grace Chen!

CozMick said:

When does it start?

it's through the store. so CC or PSN card.

yencid

see5harp said:
To me a plus would be a scarlet letter, not a symbol worthy of pride.
how exactly?

CozMick said:

When does it start?

PSN cards are just the same as a CC they have an actual monetary value so if you buy lets say 2/3 $20 psn cards you are adding the fund of each to your wallet, or you could just buy 1 50 bucks one.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
CozMick said:

Is it CC only or can PSN cards be added to your wallet to pay for it? You pay with the wallet. So CC and PSN cards are ok.

When does it start? 29th

Also do you only get the + when you subscribe to a 12 month subscription? You get the + as long as you are subscribed, no matter the length of the subscription.

gcubed

netguy503 said:
yes but there are measures you can take from preventing them from happening.

it appears you're method is to not play games. You're worried about how long your PS3 would be on for a 7gb download? You need a puppy to take your mind off of it

yencid

see5harp said:
Because you took the bait.
bait? i just wanted to know the reasoning behind this its not like i give a crap.
I know of a site that the pro accounts ARE seen as a scarlet letter actually, wanted to know your reasoning for thinking of this.

AndyD

aka andydumi
yencid said:
bait? i just wanted to know the reasoning behind this its not like i give a crap.
I know of a site that the pro accounts ARE seen as a scarlet letter actually, wanted to know your reasoning for thinking of this.

Well GAF gold memberships are badges of shame as well.

see5harp

yencid said:

My reasoning is that Plus, as it stands, is not worth the money basically. If they were actually offering services or features that I would use or software I hadn't already bought, I'd be alright with it.

yencid

see5harp said:
My reasoning is that Plus, as it stands, is not worth the money basically. If they were actually offering services or features that I would use or software I hadn't already bought, I'd be alright with it.
except not all gamers are like you that have bought most content offered.

Cruzader

Banned
I hope that ALL future betas are covered with PSN+. That way users wont need to do shit like EA currently did. You had to have the VIP code or buy it if you didnt have it plus preorder MoH itself and then wait for an invite code...and go through hell at their EA site which got killed on the day of release....AHHHH.

I hope the next betas such as Assassin's Creed and rumored LBP2 and Twisted metal get distributed to all PSN+ members without having to deal with BS.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Full Recovery said:
How long does this offer last?

Til August 3rd. So we should have the October lineup before you need to decide. So we will know about 3 months worth of content and still get the initial signup bonus.

IonicSnake said:
Getting LBP on the HDD is almost worth it alone. :p To bad I own all the games they are offering but I might bite.

I would rather have LBP2 as a downloadable as it will replace LBP1 completely.
But yeah, LBP is a game you can start any day and just play new content. I would play it much more often if it was just one click away.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Cruzader said:
I hope that ALL future betas are covered with PSN+. That way users wont need to do shit like EA currently did. You had to have the VIP code or buy it if you didnt have it plus preorder MoH itself and then wait for an invite code...and go through hell at their EA site which got killed on the day of release....AHHHH.

I hope the next betas such as Assassin's Creed and rumored LBP2 and Twisted metal get distributed to all PSN+ members without having to deal with BS.

I dont know about AC2 as its third party but I assume first party betas should be on there. Unless not enough people sign up and they want a broader base of users.

That said third parties may want to also offer it some other way such as preorders and whatnot.

see5harp

yencid said:
except not all gamers are like you that have bought most content offered.

I haven't bought any of the minis, dynamic backgrounds, premium themes, or avatars. That stuff isn't even included in my cost analysis. A free 3 months doesn't mean anything if I already own all of the decent content offered in those months.

Full Recovery said:
LBP full game download for free if I sign up day one? SOLD

though you may not know:

- LBP is PAL-only
- extra three months are US-only

each offer only available if you subscribe for year during July.

see5harp said:
I haven't bought any of the minis, dynamic backgrounds, premium themes, or avatars. That stuff isn't even included in my cost analysis. A free 3 months doesn't mean anything if I already own all of the decent content offered in those months.

the point is, it's not a bad offer only because YOU already bought the content YOU would be interested in...

I only have that Ragdoll kung fu,mk 2,marvel vs capcom 2 and flow so I will try this out for 3 months....:D If Sony continue to make PSN+ better I will keep using the service...:D :D

angelfly

see5harp said:
Pretty much how I feel about it. I purchased Wipeout HD on the day it released along with numerous other PSN titles. I'm taking the sit and watch approach to see what benefits get added over time.

yencid

i myself only have (PSN wise:)

MVC2
wipeoutHD + fury
fat princess
after burner climax
flow
shatter
stardust HD
zombie apocalypse

more PSN titles is never a bad thing :D

see5harp

SolidusDave said:
the point is, it's not a bad offer only because YOU already bought the content YOU would be interested in...

Dude that's obviously my opinion. If you think getting a digital version of a game you already own is worth $50, that's all you.

yencid

see5harp said:
Dude that's obviously my opinion. If you think getting a digital version of a game you already own is worth $50, that's all you.
nah it alone isnt worth 50 dollars but everything added up over the full year sure does seem like it. The first two months alone look like they will be 50$ in free stuff and savings. Just 2 months being 50, imagine 15....

see5harp

yencid said:
nah it alone isnt worth 50 dollars but everything added up over the full year sure does seem like it. The first two months alone look like they will be 50$ in free stuff and savings. Just 2 months being 50, imagine 15....

Do you have an EDGE card?

netguy503

see5harp said:

except you are not getting the digital version just access to download the full BD file size and getting to play an hour of it. You still have to pay the $50-$60 on top of your subscription if you want to own it (now 20% discounts on these titles would have been better- as you KNOW your subscribers/user base don't have these yet. But of course it's a business, they want the most money they can get).

Top Bottom