• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

androvsky

I was hoping they'd put up Yakuza 4 as a Plus game. It's the right time to get people started before 5 comes out, and it's a good entry point to the series.

Zoibie

That's pretty good, really excited about playing Transistor. I'd be all over Rogue Legacy too if I didn't already have it.

Footos22

Another great month. Finished transistor this month but never got round to buying rogue legacy.

Got apotheon right :D been looking forward to that since they showed it on the gamescom reel..

EloKa

Great month. Already own Rogue Legacy and I'm happy that I can play it on the vita on the go.
Heard some good stuff about Apotheon.

Is Transistor somewhat comparable to Bastion beneath the artworks? really liked tits predecessor

kiguel182

It feels relatively even. It's the comments that are like "Not another indie game." that are the dismissive ones.

Not enjoying a particular indie game, fine. But painting Spelunky & Contrast with the same brush are the ignorant ones.

I liked Contrast but couldn't get into Spelunky. Am I an awful person?

Aesthet1c

Awesome month if all of those are true.

I've been wanting to check out Rogue Legacy and Transistor for a while now, and Apotheon looks to be pretty fun.

Sega should have paid Sony to put Yakuza 4 in the IGC over a year ago.

Then maybe the series would have gained some popularity and we wouldn't be 2 games behind in the west with no PS4 Yakuza in sight.

(any maybe then Sega would even have an incentive to develope a PS4-only Yakuza game sooner)

Outstanding, always wanted to give Rogue Legacy a try, don't like randomized games (Spelunky and Isaac didn't do it for me at all)

Apotheon and Transistor, great!

Yakuza 4, outstanding, won't have to open my sealed copy now and will even support the franchise by downloading it ;)

Everybody needs to download and play Yakuza 4, do it for your fellow gaffers who want to see even more of the franchise!!1

I liked Contrast but couldn't get into Spelunky. Am I an awful person?
Nope, I was the same. Really enjoyed Contrast, great style with a really nice narrative. It was a little glitch at launch but they patched it and it was great after that.

Gave Spelunky a try and it seemed fun, but we also got Steamworld Dig that month which I found to be the better game out of the 2 so played that instead.

Wil348

"B-b-but I wanted a shitty AAA game like Theif!"

Shutup you're getting Transistor! Seriously, what I've heard about Transistor makes this month worth it alone.

Percy

Banned
Some good games there, but I've played most of them already(Rogue Legacy in particular is exceptional if you haven't played it already). Transistor is pretty great also.

Could be persuaded to give Yakuza 4 another play in preparation for 5's release. Would have been nicer if they'd given out Yakuza 3 first though.

Don't really know too much about Apotheon and Kick and Fennick, but I'll try them out I guess. lols at the idea of playing Thief on Flintstones era PS3 hardware though. I can imagine that being a grade A slice of shit port of an already pretty shitty game.

Also, people, don't believe the stupid hype about Transistor. It's just another Bastion.

No it isn't.

Hubb

Transistor ugh why did I end up buying it when it was on sale the other month (and not played yet)...

I forced myself to finish Transistor immediately after buying it during that sale. I knew it was a matter of time till it hit PS+, but I heard a lot of good things about the game and wanted to support it.

It's just not clicking with me.

I had some issues with the ending, but I had a lot of fun messing with and combining the different combat skills. If the game was 2x as long it may have gotten stale, but it held my attention throughout.

kiyoaki

Does the Yakuza series have a continuing story or are they mostly self containted? I've never followed the series to closely.
They build upon each other, with recurring characters and locations, even if each entry has a separate, self-contained story arc. Yakuza 4 comes with videos that sum up the first three parts.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Does the Yakuza series have a continuing story or are they mostly self containted? I've never followed the series to closely.

Each story is mostly self-contained, but features lots and lots of returning characters and references to past events. However, every Yakuza game comes with lengthy videos that summarize the events of the previous games, so you can watch those and get caught up.

And Rogue Legacy is cross save too huh? My vita is dead with a missing charger so I'll start on PS4 and move over to vita in a week, very nice!

ShogunX

Have both Transistor and Rogue Legacy on PC so it's not the best month for me. However I'll still download both games and Rogue Legacy is always worth a play through, it really is a great example of a ''just one more try'' game.

Edit - Hadn't noticed Apotheon, that looks right up my street :)

El_Cinefilo

Great Lineup, although it seems a little deceptive to announce two months with retail ps4 titles just before people who bought plus with the console at launch's subscriptions were about to expire and then immediately go back to downloadable ones.

Again not a criticism of the titles, I'd much rather take Apotheon and Transistor over Knack/Thief/Killzone etc

Celegus

Whoa is this real life? Rogue Legacy and Transistor? Don't know what Apotheon is but people seem into it. Never played a Yakuza but I do like wacky japanese shenanigans.

Top Bottom