• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

I kept
trying to shoot him when his shield dropped, not knowing you were supposed to shoot his ship. Very dumb.

it's hard to tell if you're actually doing any damage to him or if he's stunned but not taking damage. I pumped so much ammo into him during the second stage of that battle ( I also did the same thing as you during the first stage, bunch of BS really) and it just seems like they made him inexplicably super human because they needed a final boss.

It's a blemish on an otherwise good/great game, much better than Shadowfall was.

Cade

it's hard to tell if you're actually doing any damage to him or if he's stunned but not taking damage. I pumped so much ammo into him during the second stage of that battle ( I also did the same thing as you during the first stage, bunch of BS really) and it just seems like they made him inexplicably super human because they needed a final boss.

It's a blemish on an otherwise good/great game, much better than Shadowfall was.

Yeah, definitely a low point. Especially since the end part was a dumb
SHOOT THE EXPLODEY THING IN THE AREA
fight. Bleh

breakfuss

Is Thomas Was Alone available for PS4? I know we got it with Vita/PS3 but it's also now showing up for PS4. Won't let me purchase or download it though.

Also, not entirely sold on KZ:M's campaign but the multiplayer is topnotch! Had a blast playing it. Having the knife kill mapped to the touchscreen is pretty lame though.

I thought there was a big fuss about how that wasn't going to be free on other platforms?

They issued a statement to address this:
http://www.oddworld.com/2015/04/regarding-new-n-tasty-ps-plus-and-cross-buy/

That said, numerous factors (including fan feedback) have prompted us to change our stance on this particular matter. So, if you downloaded New ‘n’ Tasty for PS4 during the PS Plus period, the PS3 and PS Vita versions of the game will be free for download for you on release.

(I guess one of these "factors" might also be that this is how the system works. There are no PS+ versions of games but that the normal games getting PS+ access. I think it's good that this game didn't set a precedent for another way)

Though one thing Sony may have to fix is that PS+ games that are later releasing for other platforms via cross-buy seemingly change to non-PS+ games (i.e. they would be available even after your PS+ sub lapses). Dunno if that was addressed already though.

Is Thomas Was Alone available for PS4? I know we got it with Vita/PS3 but it's also now showing up for PS4. Won't let me purchase or download it though.
I got TWA for PS3 via PS+ and could download the PS4 version for free just fine.

Completed Oddworld on PS3, was nice nostalgia trip.
However the game is not without glitches. It froze twice during cutscenes and what is the most hilarious, two final spinners in
Boardroom
level was out of sync, making progress impossible. Restarting chapter solved that.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Anyone seen this?

Rayman Legends (PS4/PS3)

Knack (PS4)

Need For Speed Rivals (PS3)

Shovel Knight (PS4/PS3/PSVita)

Fruit Ninja (PSVita)

Asphalt Injection (PSVita)

Knack might finally be in. Also Rayman Legends right after Xbox did it seems strange if true.

Also would they want to piss off Shovel knight purchasers like that?

androvsky

Shovel Knight devs said it was fake. Why were so many people ready to believe an offscreen pic of a webpage that included Knack, an EA game, and a spring fever promoted indie title that released just last week?

Roto13

Shovel Knight devs said it was fake. Why were so many people ready to believe an offscreen pic of a webpage that included Knack, an EA game, and a spring fever promoted indie title that released just last week?

It was just missing Shenmue 3 and The Last Guardian.

because apparently Knack is such a good game that everyone refuses to buy it. Insanity.

nordique

I don't understand this obsession with Knack getting on PS Plus...I felt it was terrible...lets wish for some good games to make it instead

Zomba13

I don't understand this obsession with Knack getting on PS Plus...I felt it was terrible...lets wish for some good games to make it instead

I think it's because it seems to be the default "full" PS4 game you'd put up. It was a launch title, kinda crappy, first party etc. It hasn't happened yet but it has to be coming at some point. It's not that people want it or that it's a good game, just that it's expected. Either that or Killzone.

But then we got Injustice which while a port was a "full" game so I dunno any more. I hope we don't get it because I'd much rather something new or interesting than that pile of shit.

PS Plus is great for checking out titles that you'd normally never buy. I want to see for myself how good or bad Knack is, but I really don't want to spend money on it so I'd like to see it included in Plus at some point. It would be much more interesting than "new Vita game that's included since no one would ever buy it" or a 5 year old PS3 AAA game.

Dominator

Anyone know how much Broken Age is gonna be? Out in a few days and no price... I know its both Acts so I'm expecting like $30 or something but praying for $20.

bobawesome

Anyone seen this?

Knack might finally be in. Also Rayman Legends right after Xbox did it seems strange if true.

Also would they want to piss off Shovel knight purchasers like that?

Why would they even bother to sell Shovel Knight for two weeks if they were going to give it away so early? This would push a lot of customers away from indies and they'd just wait for them to appear on Playstation Plus. Will it eventually make its way there? Certainly. But not now.

Omerta

I couldn't care less what label people put on games; retail, real, full, triple a, indie, digital, arcade, mobile... Whatever.

Like said before, ps plus is a great medium to try games that you wouldn't normally spend your money on. It's also a great way for smaller devs to get some extra money and exposure... Also a chance to sell us dlc.

I just want games, of all sorts.

Vitten

PS4 offering this month was piss weak. Good thing I had Bloodborne and DSII remake to keep me busy.
Need something a lot more meaty in May than some lame-ass indie 2d platformers that you're done with in a few hours..

PS Plus is great for checking out titles that you'd normally never buy. I want to see for myself how good or bad Knack is, but I really don't want to spend money on it so I'd like to see it included in Plus at some point. It would be much more interesting than "new Vita game that's included since no one would ever buy it" or a 5 year old PS3 AAA game.

Knack is a bad game. My wife and I played co-op together through the whole thing. It's bad.

Zukkoyaki

I think it's for two reasons

1. People are eager for larger scale and bigger budget games on PS+ in general.

And more importantly...

2. I think a lot of PS4 owners are curious about Knack. I get the feeling that a lot of people want to try it out but are hesitant because of the mixed reception it received. Putting on PS+ would let them try it out with no consequences.

LOL. Some clowns here really expecting Shovel Knight to be on Plus at launch?

Get a grip.

And when you got quality 9+ games like Velocity 2X and Olli Olli 2 people just seem to gloss over them. Why would you want a mediocre game over titles like those.

If knack had been in this months ps+ it would have been the star game by a mile.

Missed opportunity Sony. It is hard to see them ever having a lineup that bad again.... Except maybe the month that finally includes Knack.

Matty77

I'm hoping for some good stuff. I have always been satisfied until May so I guess I have gotten more than my money's worth but yeah this last month left me pretty cold.

I did not complain because like I said I have gotten so much out of PSplus but I thought most of it was crap. Only game that was decent to me was dishonor but that's not my cup of tea.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I'd like to see Shadow Warrior on Playstation Plus, is there any possibility?

There are two possibilities.

Possibility I

- Shadow Warrior is on PlayStation Plus

Possibility II

- Shadow Warrior is not on PlayStation Plus

Right now, both possibilities are equal parts probable and improbable. It is a game, and it is on PlayStation, thus Possibility I is probable and Possibility II is improbable. It has not been announced, nor hinted at, thus Possibility II is probable and Possibility I is improbable. When one end outweighs the other, the truth will become more clear.

napalmjam

I must admit I do enjoy a great indie game over a full length AAA Game it's kind of hit and miss on us some weeks you get a few crackers though . Is shovel knight worth a purchase?.

romulus91

Possibility I

Possibility II

Right now, both possibilities are equal parts probable and improbable. It is a game, and it is on PlayStation, thus Possibility I is probable and Possibility II is improbable. It has not been announced, nor hinted at, thus Possibility II is probable and Possibility I is improbable. When one end outweighs the other, the truth will become more clear.

thank you for making my day.

Heel

When you think about it, never releasing Knack and watching people react every month for years to come would be more fun than Knack itself.

This one's free, Sony. Call me.

Certinty

Knack would be by far the best PS4 game they've ever given so I hope it comes on the service soon, I really want to play it again but this time on very hard.

DayEnder

Possibility I

Possibility II

This is a great answer. I wonder if it could be used for some other non-Shadow Warrior game.

Pretend Edit: Just tried and nope only applies to Shadow Warrior. Sorry guys, back to the drawing board. I really thought we had it this time.

Fbh

That leaked list was obviously fake.

But I hope May is decent. April was terrible.
Tower of guns got boring really fast and Never Alone was also pretty bad (the mini documentary was the only thing that kept me playing. It was more fun and interesting than the game itself)

On the Internet:

- Regular screenshot: Fake
- Offscreen pic: Pretty good chance it's real
- Pic of a printed piece of paper: Confirmed as 100% real

Top Bottom