• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Plus Thread: Plus What? PLUS EVERYTHING!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jedi2016

This is how I feel when new games come to PS Plus and I add them to my cart:

tumblr_mfprkfhQBT1rhnoyto1_400.gif
Yeah, that's about right.

I only just subscribed to PS+ last night, and I know next to nothing about how the free stuff cycles. I have figured out there's a rotation, with x number of games available at any given time. When does the list update?

It has already just about paid for itself after just one day, though... the one-year subscription is $50, and I downloaded LBP Karting last night, which is a $40 game. Cwazy.

Download speeds for me appeared to fluctuate quite a bit. It was downloading slow as molasses at first, so I went and did something else. Came back in about half an hour and it was done, 8GB of content.

I am wondering about my HDD space, too. I have a 120GB stock hard drive (Slim 1), and it's showing only about 25GB free out of 111GB total. So you're talking at least 50-60GB of crap, but I only have maybe 10-20GB worth of games installed. So WTF? Would the game data cache really take up that much space (I haven't tried clearing it yet).

Drago

Kind of off topic but do we know if PS4 will allow you to add less than $5 to your wallet (for remainder funds)? Or if this option is already available on Vita...

I want to buy Batman but I already have $2.50 on my account, call me a cheapo but I'd rather just pay the remainder than adding $5 :p

Jabba

Banned
I have 60 gig fat. I want to get UC3 from plus. The dl is 29 gigs total using what is needed to play? Is it possible to clear like 45 gigs and dl each piece and install separately? Would that work? If possible, is there an order to use?

@ Massa, so my theory is sound? I would dl one part at a time and install?

Massa

I have 60 gig fat. I want to get UC3 from plus. The dl is 29 gigs total using what is needed to play? Is it possible to clear like 45 gigs and dl each piece and install separately? Would that work? If possible, is there an order to use?

Uncharted 3 is actually divided into 3 pieces already, so you'll be able to install it on your HD. You need the free to play multiplayer (a 4GB game, that's the launcher for the campaign as well), a 10GB single player add-on, and another 10GB file that contains either 2D or 3D movies.

AlexBasch

Quick question. I have a BF3 Premium Edition disc, naturally it came with the Premium Code and all, I suppose the PS+ version will have no problem detecting all the DLC, right? I can sell it for a decent price and go with the Plus version.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Quick question. I have a BF3 Premium Edition disc, naturally it came with the Premium Code and all, I suppose the PS+ version will have no problem detecting all the DLC, right? I can sell it for a decent price and go with the Plus version.

Correct. Your save and DLC will be included. But you need to download a 2 gig patch and have 24 gigs just to install the digital file. Frankly, it's far better to just keep the disc and go that route. The 24 gig download took me 12 hours to download off PSN and the 2 gig patch failed 2-3 times. Not worth that hassle.

bebop242

I also had a problem similar to you. The night before I downloaded the trial to "pre-load" since I figured it was the full game, and would be unlocked once I purchased the full version the next day. Download finished and I installed it.

However, I got busy and never found the time to actually run it (so I never got the patch of course).

The next day it is free on PSN so I go to the page to "purchase" it. It won't let me purchase the full game because I "already own it," yet it does not show up as purchased, nor in my purchase or download histories. Only the "Timed Trial" shows up in my download history. There is no record of the full version being purchased.

I tried deleting the "trial" version off of my hard drive and redownloading the full version from the PSN store on the PS3. The full version was available for me to download. Awful waste of bandwidth, but I thought it might somehow cause the full version to register on my account.

Now I have the full version on my hard drive, and yet it still won't show up in my transactions or my download history. It still only lists the trial version.

I am worried that once the game deal expires on PSN, it will stick me back with the trial version since it seems to have no record of me "buying" the full version.

I did email support about it yesterday, no reply yet.

Mine shows up in my Download list. Twice actually, one on July 2nd, presumably the one hour trial and a second on July 3rd presumably the plus version.

Its just weird to me because I never actually "bought" it.

Hope you can get yours sorted.

jvm

Gamasutra.
I know this is heresy and all around here, but ... played for a bit in Deus Ex HR and not feeling it. :| Not sure what to say. May give it a try in a week or two.

Also the God of War Challenge of the Gods is ridiculously unfair. Leaping across the moving platforms and getting randomly hit by some arrow. Screw that. I nearly threw a controller and I never get upset at games. :(

I guess that will be one platinum I'll never have.

ZenaxPure

I know this is heresy and all around here, but ... played for a bit in Deus Ex HR and not feeling it. :| Not sure what to say. May give it a try in a week or two..

I had a similar feeling when I first started the game, but, once I began to get a bunch of upgrades I was having considerably more fun with the game. I think it's a shame they handicap you so much early on to be honest, I am probably about halfway through the game currently and not having to worry about my hacking skill being to low (or insta-detection), being able to see through walls, having super fast rechargable energy + multiple energy bars, etc. goes a long way to making it fun.

Basically I think they set the bar too low at the start of the game, where my character power is now should have been close to the start of the game imo, you are just really weak at the start and it sucks.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I am wondering about my HDD space, too. I have a 120GB stock hard drive (Slim 1), and it's showing only about 25GB free out of 111GB total. So you're talking at least 50-60GB of crap, but I only have maybe 10-20GB worth of games installed. So WTF? Would the game data cache really take up that much space (I haven't tried clearing it yet).

Try checking your Game Data folder. Often times games will have additional installations after putting your disk in, or large updates, that take up several gigabytes of space. Clear out whatever you don't need, but bear in mind that you'll need to reinstall whatever you delete, should you choose to play the games again.

AlexBasch

Correct. Your save and DLC will be included. But you need to download a 2 gig patch and have 24 gigs just to install the digital file. Frankly, it's far better to just keep the disc and go that route. The 24 gig download took me 12 hours to download off PSN and the 2 gig patch failed 2-3 times. Not worth that hassle.
I thought it was around 12 GB?

Ugh. Well, I'm keeping the disc then. :/ Much appreciated.

KOHIPEET

I want to download BF3, which is 13 gb in size, according to PS store. I have 22 gigs of free space but store continues to say:

"You have not enough space on system storage"

Can anyone help me with this, it would be deeply appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Pikma

Banned
I'm really enjoying SR The 3rd's humor, the gameplay though... is a whole different story, ugh. Or maybe Sleeping Chiens really killed my open-world appetite, I don't know, I just didn't like it.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
I want to download BF3, which is 13 gb in size, according to PS store. I have 22 gigs of free space but store continues to say:

Thanks in advance.

It's because you also need space to install the game.

Why can't I download this game? I've got the hard disk space!

You need twice the game's size to download and install it. So if the game is 10GB, then you need 20GB on your hard drive to hold both the 10GB installer and the 10GB installed version.​

Thanks in advance.

In the OP, as mentioned, all games require double the space to install, bit of a pain for those on the smaller units, but most people have upgraded now.

So not sure if Demon's Souls did get a $5 discount last month, but noticed Arkham Aslyum is only $5 this month so yeah, I just had to snap that up for my wife who hadn't played it yet.

Lexxism

Hi guys. I'm planning to be a PS+ user when the PS4 comes out this Q4. I have a question regarding PSN. Since PS3 don't have any PS2 games(or maybe some), will the PS4 have it? I'm not quite updated but did Sony say anything on this?

jsnepo

You guys think there is a possibility that old featured games for IGC will come back like Resident Evil 5, Demon's Souls, etc?

Hattori

Banned
Kind of off topic but do we know if PS4 will allow you to add less than $5 to your wallet (for remainder funds)? Or if this option is already available on Vita...

I want to buy Batman but I already have $2.50 on my account, call me a cheapo but I'd rather just pay the remainder than adding $5 :p

Yes, I believe you can do an exact amount with your remaining funds.

bebop242

Pretty sure the least amount you can add at a time is 5 bucks. It stinks but I understand with the cost to taking credit card payments. I have about a dollar in my wallet and will have to add another 5 to be able to purchase Alice next week for 4 bucks.

Eusis

BF3 campaign is a goddamn joke. Playing it after TLoU just makes it worse. Deleted.
I only ever got the game on PC/PS3 (via PS+ admittedly) for the MP. Single Player was just a novelty to see HOW BAD it could get.

Going by the first 10 minutes it's almost like I'm playing a parody of the modern cinematic game design. Hyper linear, control wrested on a whim, QTEs pouring out of every orifice. Multiplayer on the other hand is the hypothetical TF2 we were initially promised but never got... though I guess that applies to the entire Battlefield series, so I guess it's alternate reality TF4 instead.

EDIT: And the objective based FPS thread reminded me: the biggest disappointment about the campaign to me is that they didn't try to smartly adapt its gameplay to a SP model. Not just offline versions, but perhaps making a more intricate objective based design for SP play, with vehicles and stuff too. Instead we don't know what to do for SP SO LET'S MAKE THE SHITTIEST COD CLONE WE CAN.

Finally got around to starting downloading a bunch of my PS+ stuff.

Are Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One and LittleBigPlanet Karting even worth playing? I've heard not so great things about both.

Also downloading The Cave and Closure, but i'm not to worried about them, apparently they're pretty good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom