• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Plus Thread: Plus What? PLUS EVERYTHING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I said, I'll probably give DEHR another go later, but it wasn't clicking.

If it didn't click for you in the beginning it's not going to click for you later on. I found the game to get progessively worse as it went along, all the way to the ME3-style ending.

At least it's better than DXIW, though.

Not sure If I should ask here but I got my sister Little Big Planet GOTY for her birthday (we already have LBP2 thanks to Plus).

How do we import items between those two games? Will we have a problem if we already started LBP2?

BHK3

Banned
How hard is Xcom? I wanna play it but everywhere I hear it's nothing but RNG shenanigans and having to restart 6+ hour playthroughs because you researched or leveled the wrong stuff.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
How hard is Xcom? I wanna play it but everywhere I hear it's nothing but RNG shenanigans and having to restart 6+ hour playthroughs because you researched or leveled the wrong stuff.

Went into it on normal without knowing a thing about it. Beat it in 10 hours with zero effort. I'm sure the higher difficulties is where the comments apply.

coldfoot

Banned
Catching up with the PS+ backlog is no easy task. I need another month with nothing good for me and i have a chance.

Already eyeing the Demon Souls Symbol in my XMB but i wanted to clear Amalur first. Problem is that this game has like 50 new quests every 10 minutes and i have the urge to clear them all first. Already feels like i'm overpowered (playing normal, lvl 19 Might build) so maybe i'm going straight to the main quests now.
Should've started on Hard, as the game is still quite easy, and you'd have a shot at the Platinum, which I did.

What is the lenght of the Saints Row 3 "campaign"? In a normal playthrough way
?
Shorter than Amalur, but not by much if you don't want to have a hard time in some of the missions so you have to do other stuff to level up and get cash.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I hear you, fellow DXHR dislikers. I was so excited to play DXHR. I've heard so many good things about it. I bought it on OnLive but never got around to playing it on there. So I was pretty happy to see it on PS+. I played it for a bit and man, this game sucks. I may give it another shot later but... meh.

jvm

Gamasutra.
Canis lupus has offered to take over with OT2. Canis lupus is a frequent poster on GAF with some popular big threads started like the TLoU review thread and the God of War Ascension OT. Any objections?

We also need a new subtitle?

Suggestions:
Instant Backlog Collection
How do I hold all these games?
You need twice the space to install!

Canis lupus has offered to take over with OT2. Canis lupus is a frequent poster on GAF with some popular big threads started like the TLoU review thread and the God of War Ascension OT. Any objections?

Suggestions:

Sorry, Defense Grid is in another subscription service

Whools

I bought a 365 day subscription as my current one is running out, I redeemed the code, but my Plus games still say they expire in a few weeks, as though my Plus subscription wasn't extended. Is this what normally happens? I'm just a little unsure if I did something wrong or have to complete another step to extend my Plus membership. I'd appreciate someone putting my mind at ease.

Coxy

only really applies to ironman mode, otherwise you can just reload a save

jvm

Gamasutra.
I bought a 365 day subscription as my current one is running out, I redeemed the code, but my Plus games still say they expire in a few weeks, as though my Plus subscription wasn't extended. Is this what normally happens? I'm just a little unsure if I did something wrong or have to complete another step to extend my Plus membership. I'd appreciate someone putting my mind at ease.
When a game expires the PS3 will go out and look for an updated license. If it finds one it will update and then run.

bebop242

When you renew, it does not auto update the expire date on each individual game. If you boot up a game with an old expire date, it will update and refresh to the new one.

I disagree with the DEHR comments that it gets worse as it goes on. IMO that game gets brilliant the more you play it and the better you get at it, as you don't really realize your full capabilities early on. The only bad part about that game is that
they make the last level a zombie level which takes away most of the fun of sneaking, and the boss fights are stupid

Suggestions:
I really like Instant Backlog Collection, it perfectly sums up my experience with the service.

That thing is a hydra. For every game I plat, 3 more have taken its place.

lucius

When you renew, it does not auto update the expire date on each individual game. If you boot up a game with an old expire date, it will update and refresh to the new one.

This usually fixes, it but I still have games that have the wrong date, even after reinstalling them. I am not worried they won't work though since in my account the expire date is right.

jvm

Gamasutra.
How do we get a list of the top posters in this thread to show in the next one? Would be some nice recognition for some important posters around here (like Killthee, among others).

How do we get a list of the top posters in this thread to show in the next one? Would be some nice recognition for some important posters around here (like Killthee, among others).
You mean one of these?

8dF1z6Q.png

jvm

Gamasutra.
Heh. Thanks!

For reference, to get a list of top posters in a thread (who posted), you view the thread listing and click on the number in the "replies" column. I wasn't aware that's how it worked!

Edit: That column comes out to around 5200 posts. So that list is 25% of this thread. :D

I just joined PS+ after contemplating it for a long time and biting on the PS+/20 dollar credit bundle at Best Buy. Holy hell, weekend is booked already. The legend of the evergrowing backlog continues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom