• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus - Vote to Play

Can't be worst then the selection so far. Only a few diamonds in the list so far for me.

I've been very happy with the selection myself since I started subscribing in March.

Have you tried all the games, or just dismissed several out of hand? I'm finding a lot of interesting stuff in their selections, which I would have missed otherwise.

Illucio

Banned
PS4 Games that should be free plus games:

Slender: The Arrival
Hatoful Boyfriend
Goat Simulator
Shadow Warrior
Journey (PS4)
Child of Light
Infamous: Second Son
Knack
Grim Fandango
Citizens of Earth
Nidhogg
Octodad

Why do people want Knack so much?
icon_facepalm.gif

I'm convinced it's like a meme, or people just want it out of the way.

This is great since I usually have whatever game they're offering for the ps4 (unless game is launching on ps+ of course). I can at least vote for a game I don't have

krae_man

Plus games and the flash sales are never my thing. Everything always falls into one or two categories:

1) Already bought it at launch
2) Not even remotely interested in it

There are things that I'm interested in playing but pass on due to cost, proximity to something else I'd rather play, a genre I don't normally play etc but they almost never end up free on plus.

Ozium

People have the chance to get Grow Home for free.

Instead they vote for Zombie Vikings?

At least there is parity of poor taste between Console and PC users. (see Steam Community Choice sales)

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)

At least there is parity of poor taste between Console and PC users. (see Steam Community Choice sales)

Zombie Shooter 2 or MGS5: The Phantom Pain?

Zombie Shooter 2 wins with 67% of the vote!

MUnited83

For you.

Zombie Vikings, despite the name, is made by the team who made Stick it to the Man, which was pretty darn good. I'd say people should actually play it before passing judgement just by seeing the title.

PreFire

Out of all games, why do people ask for Knack? It's trash, IMO. It was one of the first games I got and I did not like it at all. Are the people who are saying this already owners of the game? Why is it a popular ps plus request? Watch some gameplay videos on YouTube.. It's not a knock on your taste, just confused why it's so highly requested.

Anyway, the vote to play thing is cool. Haven't seen it here in U.S. yet but I hope the votes are region locked. People from different parts of the world like different games, after all. I'd love a better selection though.. some more triple As here and there.

RdN

This is a great idea, and also a great move by Sony.

This will surely eliminate most complaints about free games.

sn00zer

Zombie Vikings, despite the name, is made by the team who made Stick it to the Man, which was pretty darn good. I'd say people should actually play it before passing judgement just by seeing the title.

Oh had no idea and was in the "dumb zombie game" camp until I read this

halfbeast

Banned
that's a neat idea! we'll get a lot of shitty "for the lulz" free games, aren't we?

seriously though, why hasn't Knack been a free plus game, I will never understand.

Walpurgis

Banned
Good. Now we'll finally get some decent AAA games. Much better than the trash we've been getting.
They're not about to put AAA games as one of the three options so the trash will continue to flow.
that's a neat idea! we'll get a lot of shitty "for the lulz" free games, aren't we?

seriously though, why hasn't Knack been a free plus game, I will never understand.
I don't want Knack but I always assumed that it was because of its Metacritic score. I think I heard somewhere that Sony doesn't take any games below 70 but then we got stuff like Entwined, Titan Attacks, CounterSpy, etc. I guess it's simply because the game is retail.

illusionary

I'm loving the Grow Home unintended reveal here. My fear with this sort of thing, though, is that the tastes of 'the masses' often tend not to be all that good at all. If the screenshot shown reflects the actual choices available for September (Armello has a 1 September release date, so it would be consistent with being free at launch on PS4), it would be a shame for Zombie Vikings to win the vote due to inclusion of 'zombies' in the title. I've seen the comments about this being from the Stick It To the Man devs, but it still doesn't appeal.

Walpurgis

Banned
I'm loving the Grow Home unintended reveal here. My fear with this sort of thing, though, is that the tastes of 'the masses' often tend not to be all that good at all. If the screenshot shown reflects the actual choices available for September (Armello has a 1 September release date, so it would be consistent with being free at launch on PS4), it would be a shame for Zombie Vikings to win the vote due to inclusion of 'zombies' in the title. I've seen the comments about this being from the Stick It To the Man devs, but it still doesn't appeal.
Isn't Grow Home popular on Twitch? Who would vote for Zombie Vikings? I don't think the title is enough to make someone want the game.

illusionary

Isn't Grow Home popular on Twitch? Who would vote for Zombie Vikings? I don't think the title is enough to make someone want the game.

Well, zombies generally seems to be an unfortunately (IMO, of course!) popular theme for games. I hope that you're right, though!

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
it would be a shame for Zombie Vikings to win the vote due to inclusion of 'zombies' in the title. I've seen the comments about this being from the Stick It To the Man devs, but it still doesn't appeal.

I agree in that I think it's a shame in general if people are judging a game solely based on a word in the title. Both in a positive and negative sense.

SomTervo

People have absolutely terrible choice in games though. If you had a poll with Rocket League and Ground Zeroes, GZ would take it even though Rocket League is far superior.

Please add 'imo' or something if you're going to make statements like this. From my perspective, and the perspective of many people I know, your post is categorically untrue.

A) It's apples to oranges
B) I've sunk about the same time into both and adore both

dose

This is a great idea, and also a great move by Sony.

This will surely eliminate most complaints about free games.
Really? Not a chance. If anything it'll make it worse, with people knowing that they could have had a game they were interested in but it didn't get enough votes.

Top Bottom