• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus - Vote to Play

This is good news only if it actually provides us with good choices. If its just 3 relatively unknown indies, I don't think people would be all that thrilled about it, votes whichever that comes up or not vote at all and people will just go around in circles complaining about the same thing over and over again.

The same applies if its random mediocre AAA games like Knack or Murdered Soul Suspect.

Best wishes.

Dingotech

They really should be putting up the games as a choice.

So people can pick the game that they want instead of having the majority vote the game for them.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)

So people can pick the game that they want instead of having the majority vote the game for them.

This would be 10x better. They did this for that Welcome Back program too.

Khayam

Banned

I'm pretty sure that negotiating these PS+ deals with publishers is hard enough as it is. Having to implement a choice is just gonna make things insanely harder since they won't be able to predict the download volume for each game.

impact

Banned
PS4 Games that should be free plus games:

Slender: The Arrival
Hatoful Boyfriend
Goat Simulator
Shadow Warrior
Journey (PS4)
Child of Light
Infamous: Second Son
Knack
Grim Fandango
Citizens of Earth
Nidhogg
Octodad

I'll trade all of these for GoW:R

Auctopus

This is going to be bad.

Firstly, they're still going to put up the games that they want you to vote on, it'll be an illusion of choice.

The public doesn't know what they want.

Dingotech

This is a terrible idea, there's a reason why Valve abandoned the community votes for its Steam sales.

Amen

I'm pretty sure that negotiating these PS+ deals with publishers is hard enough as it is. Having to implement a choice is just gonna make things insanely harder since they won't be able to predict the download volume for each game.

Potentially.

I guess I just assumed that PS+ purchases by subscribers = we pay you 20% of the games value or something to that effect.
If they're negotiating different rates for different games each month then I guess it would make it more difficult to give choices to people.

In saying that if they have given people the option to vote on a game, then obviously they would have already approached a developer with a proposal.

This is a terrible idea, there's a reason why Valve abandoned the community votes for its Steam sales.

Would that reason be that a load of idiots kept voting for the worst shit because Steam is a free service?

Because I don't think people paying for the IGC will be purposely voting for something they don't want.

El_Cinefilo

Haven't voted myself yet buy I feel like people should take the cost into account a little bit when voting, Grow Home probably looks the best to me but isn't it a $5 game? certainly with a plus discount if it doesn't get picked it's going to be, I think I'd rather have a $20 game that looks interesting for free and pick up Grow Home on top of it for $5.

Stanng243

I don't understand why people are voting for the Ubisoft game vs some from smaller developers. Also, the price of grow home is the smallest I believe, so it doesn't make sense to me financially either.

crimilde

Banned
I don't understand why people are voting for the Ubisoft game vs some from smaller developers. Also, the price of grow home is the smallest I believe, so it doesn't make sense to me financially either.

I'm with you. And the 2nd and 3rd picks will be discounted, so it doesn't make much sense to pick the cheapest one, from a purely financial POV.

Kei-

Don't get the complaints about this. It's either you get to vote for the one you'd prefer, or they would have randomly selected one to be free and added the others as discounts without you having any say. How is this not better?

And I don't think people should be worried about people purposefully voting "bad" titles to troll, because as others have said, not every user gets to vote on these, just PS+ users. Half the people I know with PS+ don't even get their monthly games, so I think only people who are truly invested in the service will be voting.

Melchiah

I voted for it just because it was the only one that seemed like a game I might play.

I voted for zombie Vikings because I strangely enjoyed stick it to the man, and also because I like to play beat Em ups with my fiancee and that's what it is. That said, I personally think they all look good

EBreda

I voted for the only one I might play, and that is Grow Home.
Can't stand any more zombie stuff really, and card games are not my kinda thing.

Don't care about price or publisher, I'll pick whatever appeals the most to me.

I hope they put Knack and Killzone against some indie game and the indie game wins

It would be interesting to see Sony put up multiple known quantities (in your example, Knack and Killzone) to see which one garners the biggest mindshare. I still think those two games would be terrible choices for PS+ though. They'll only resurrect the criticism they endured in the first place, Knack in particular (though I personally enjoyed it).

I still like the idea of Sony putting up unreleased games for voting and allow the studios to put out pitch videos for them.

Top Bottom