• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation State of Play #2 viewing and discussion thread. May 9th 6PM EST 3 PM PST

I'm surprised so many people failed to notice that this State of Play is teasing the PS5 reveal in June.
2ykzm9.gif

stroking it til June and beyond!

what was that Play thing in June? They are selling you a limited time console based on an event? really? Why not just make it a contest where you can win hundreds of those shiny PS4s?

They are branding things into PLAY, so many questions 10 minutes was not enough
It is a yearly thing.

sublimit

Banned
Thank God not a single VR title. Medievil looks cool,Away could be interesting. As for FFVIIR i don't know,it looks ok i guess but i expected its visuals would have been improved a lot since the last footage they shown yet they look the same. I fear that when it finally comes out people will diss its graphics just like they did with the Last Guardian.

All in all the show was a solid 7/10 for me.

Wonko_C

Not a single PSVR game, I hope you VR-haters are happy, you scared Sony away. =P

Nothing of interest to me, though. Good thing Blood and Thruth, Everybody's Golf VR and No Man's Sky Beyond are around the corner.

Last edited:

FranXico

That limited edition PS4 is to be available during an event (I'm going to guess called "Days of Play") that takes place in June. What else happens in that time frame?

Edit: I see now, that is not actually new. Just a sales event. My mistake.

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Just bear in mind that any multi-plat shown/announced at E3 will get a new PS4 trailer at the same time, because everyone involved wants their product to make the biggest splash possible.

Sony can afford to drip-feed this stuff because they are going to get a big marketing boost around E3 regardless.

Bryank75

Banned
I was interested until they dropped the word asymmetrical. I went from 100 to 0 in one word.
Well, when I first saw it I thought it was Socom.... so I was insanely hyped, then I heard the music.
But People have been saying PlayStation needs stuff like this. I’ll definitely try it out. It would be cool if you can unlock some awesome customization for the Predator and soldiers...

wzy

Cloud has an earring for some reason, Barret sounds like a Kotaku article waiting to happen, and the combat looks half way between KH and FFXV so I just assume you can put a piece of tape on the attack button whenever you need a toilet break. Hopefully there's something really egregiously wrong with it so SE can get their Bioware moment before they ruin anything else they no longer deserve the rights to.

Psykodad

Banned
I keep seeing her name in the game trailers but I can't help but not see muh fave gal from 7 Tifa at all. Man I hope she turns out alright. I like how Cloud's turning out, and it looks like other characters are playable so that's an improvement over 15 for me. Other than that what a "show".
I really hope they use her look from Advent Children.

AC Tifa is best Tifa.

What? Reaction videos? For this? Really? WTF.
yup that is how youtubers work these days Nintendo Directs made them money so they all do them, and they have been doing Sony now too well this is only the second one but you can still find dozens of live reactions to this 10 minute video

Hinedorf

Banned
MHW DLC looks fantastic I'm all over that. The survival game looks great.

Remaking a bunch of shit games is totally unappealing. The FF7 remake I'm sure will be a nostalgia-boner for many. I will always look at FF7 as a game that is significantly inferior to SNES FF3 in every way.

FF7 was like the RPG gateway game for so many. If that's your RPG pinnacle then i pity you.

Dlacy13g

The Question is, is Days of Play going to be a Sony Sale event or an actual event of some kind? I thought Sony had gone on record saying they were not going to be holding an event of any kind in June?

Edit: Ahh... .ok I see, initial thought was right its their online sale in June.

Last edited:

Hinedorf

Banned
Was Medievil even mildly successful on the Playstation. I completely skipped it at the time and I have no doubt it'll be skipped again.

Just trying to understand why they decided to bring back a below average title for a a remake, did anybody enjoy this game?

Humdinger

That was much better than I expected. They did a good job of managing expectations this time. I was pleasantly surprised -- particularly by Away. I love animals, so I'm looking forward to that one. First person raccooner. I like the way Sony keeps it crisp and concise. No fluff. Good work.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I agree with others about it being better than I expected. I didn’t see any details given about the limited edition ps4 though... did they say price or when it would be available?

Last edited:

scalman

Medieval looks like ps3 remaster not ps4. Never liked original so i dont care. Cant wait more ffvii that looks cool.

Fbh

Definitely better than the previous one. I think they did a better job at managing expectations and it paid off.

With that said, nothing looked too interesting. I never played Medievil on PS1 but looking at the remaster it doesn't seem like I missed much .

FF7 remake is looking like a Nomura game which was expected but still disappointing.

Predator sounds interesting. Most of these asymmetrical multiplayers haven't really taken off but there's always a chance. Shame there wasn't any gameplay

Man I wanted old style turn based!! :messenger_loudly_crying:

Haven't we known it was going to be an action RPG for a while? Specially with Nomura involved.

Not that I disagree with you

Last edited:

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
The best thing of the video is Medievil and i hope i can help to the developers buy it in day one because this kind of projects need support and seems that they put a huge effort to bring us the game.

Final Fantasy VII there is no point in getting hype , if they are going to launch it until I become grandfather.

I do not know which is slower, a turtle, a slug or Nomura Working over 9000!

Last edited:
Top Bottom