• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store 01/15/09

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
Hothead:

"Episode One of the Penny Arcade series should be released in Europe in a matter of days."

Probably a bit late now, but oh well.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
so any news on new FW ? I want some new secret power for my PS3 , and it's weird that we didn't get any Firmware for months now :(

MadFuzzy said:

the Japanese Xbox 360 Demo killed the game for me , damn meh game , I don't know if the DS3 controller can save the game for me or not , but I guess I should try it when it come out.

faust666

FYI in case anyone else wanted to try it out, I was able to D/L and play the Flock demo through the free episode of Qore without having a yearly subscription.

Totobeni said:
so any news on new FW ? I want some new secret power for my PS3 , and it's weird that we didn't get any Firmware for months now :(

the Japanese Xbox 360 Demo killed the game for me , damn meh game , I don't know if the DS3 controller can save the game for me or not , but I guess I should try it when it come out.
Seriously, I want some new updates too.

JB1981

FEAR 2 ain't that bad. If the framerate was locked I would probably even buy it (maybe i'll get it when it's cheap on 360 as that version is bound to be better).

ShortBus

Totobeni said:

There's a rumor floating around it'll be early - mid February.

AndyD

aka andydumi
faust said:
FYI in case anyone else wanted to try it out, I was able to D/L and play the Flock demo through the free episode of Qore without having a yearly subscription.

Me too. Interesting. Not sure if we are supposed to.

Nizz

JB1981 said:
FEAR 2 ain't that bad. If the framerate was locked I would probably even buy it (maybe i'll get it when it's cheap on 360 as that version is bound to be better).
Does the framerate drop often? I watched footage of this game over at Gamersyde, and it seemed to run smooth? I'm hoping that this was just an older build of the game and the final product will run better. What I really can't stand is the fact that you have to shoot using R2. Ugh, I can't stand using that button to shoot in fps games on PS3. I hope the final version has a preset control scheme that lets you use R1 to shoot. This same exact reason is why I've skipped other fps/third person shooter games on PS3 in the past: Timeshift, Turok, Army of Two, The Club, Bioshock... They're copy/pasting the same control scheme over from the 360. It's like they're looking at the controllers as the same set-up: R1/L1, Right bumper /Left bumper. Then R2/L2, Left trigger, Right trigger. The right trigger on the 360 controller is awesome for shooting. They apply the same control scheme to the Dualshock 3...it's not as good, imo. Something as easily as swapping out the top buttons would be awesome in my eyes. I'm not even asking for customizable controls. Just more choice with options for which button you want to use to shoot...

Top Bottom