• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Store 04/24/08

Goldrusher

Word of warning...the Resistance 2 teaser is dubbed in the language of your store. Go to UK store for the original.

"Mijn naam is Nathan Hale..." Bleh. :/

Another warning...

Viking trailers on the AU and UK store have wrong links.
Trailer 1 links to the file of Trailer 2 and vice versa...

MadFuzzy

Bishi Bashi Special?

Fantastic, especially as it still attracts a high-ish price second-hand. This means Konami Europe are now officially onboard the PS1 downloads bandwagon (along with EA and Zoo Digital), so hopefully other titles by them should follow soon.

angelfly

Awesome banner as always :lol took me a while.

I really hope Blood Omen finally goes up this week. We might also get that Iron Man demo today as well.

GrayFoxPL

Goldrusher said:
EU stuff

demos / games

Rocketmen: Axis of Evil demo
God of War Chains of Olympus PSP demo

Bishi Bashi Special PSone game (€4,99)
Command and Conquer (PSone ?) game (€4,99)
flOw (€7,99) price drop ?

videos

Resistance 2 teaser (dubbed in the language of your store :/ !!)
Warhawk: Broken Mirror trailer
Metal Gear Solid 4 Sneak Out trailer

other

MotorStorm wallpapers

Omg Bishi Bashi Special? Didn't know it was released in PAL land.

For those who don't know it's like Wario Ware minigame contest. Actually this was released first, I think.

Awesome.

C&C original...interesting. I'm hoping for Red Alert to follow. :D

Wollan said:
Command & Conquer!?!?!? Are you kidding me? AWESOME.
I spent three intense months playing it every day on the PSOne back when it came out.
What a delightful fat twin-cover package of glory that was.
How well doe it play on a PS pad? I love the PC game, played it for months with the speakers full blast when I was a kid. If the PS version plays well I will consider getting it for C&C mayhem on the go.

Wollan

Red Alert PSOne actually had mouse support. Wonder if that transfers over.

monkeylite said:
How well doe it play on a PS pad? I love the PC game, played it for months with the speakers full blast when I was a kid. If the PS version plays well I will consider getting it for C&C mayhem on the go.
It's a very good port (insanely good considering 2MB ram on PSOne, this is no WarCraft 2 port).

Obviously it's not as ideal as having mouse but you wouldn't know as the game is perfectly balanced. It includes the expansion as well.

ICallItFutile said:
Is there something subtle in the banners every week I miss? I don't understand what's so funny.

tanod2avatar.jpg

"Open your miiiiiind....."

dose

Bought and finished the HK version of Echochrome. It's really nice and well worth picking up. The level editors great too. You could spend ages in that alone.

Wollan

C&C1 controls, It's pretty simple.

Pressing one shoulder button down lets you fly across the map quickly.
Another shoulder button + face buttons assigns a group to that button

Triangle = Build Options
X & O = Activate/Select/Attack & Deselect
Square = Different Marker Tools like Repair, Sell..etc.

You can do all the standard stuff like putting units on patrol, queue build orders..etc.

careksims

Hahah! Took a bit, but I found them :D.

What R2 Trailer in UK store!? GET! Yeah I know there will be on in the US Store, but it's nice to get it early.

Wollan said:
C&C1 controls, It's pretty simple.

Pressing one shoulder button down lets you fly across the map quickly.
Another shoulder button + face buttons assigns a group to that button

Triangle = Build Options
X & O = Activate/Select/Attack & Deselect.
Thanks. Doesn't sound too difficult. I guess I could part with £3.50 considering that it comes with Covert Ops. Sony it going to get £8-9 from me tonight with this and flOw!

Goldrusher

UPDATE
red = UK only

EU stuff

demos / games

Rocketmen: Axis of Evil demo
God of War Chains of Olympus PSP demo

Bishi Bashi Special PSone game (€4,99 / £3.49)
Command and Conquer (PSone ?) game (€4,99 / £3.49)
flOw (€7,99 / £4.99) (PSP)

videos

Resistance 2 teaser (dubbed in the language of the store !!!)
Warhawk: Broken Mirror trailer
TimeShift FPS Differently Trailers (3)
Viking: Battle for Asgard Trailer 1 & 2

other

Dark Sector wallpaper
Metal Gear Solid 4 Sneak Out wallpaper
MotorStorm wallpapers

BeeDog

Goddamnit, why doesn't EU get the COD4 map pack? :(

EDIT: it wasn't there a couple of mins ago, but now it is. Anyway, bought!

BeeDog

Bootaaay said:
It's in the EU update, or at least it's in the UK store update - £6.99

Yep, edited my post now. I saw all the other things in the update EXCEPT the map pack, but now it's there. :D

MadFuzzy

Thrakier said:
WTF? Where are all those PSN-Games?? Elefunk, Dark Mist, hello? This update is shit.

Elefunk is due sometime in May. Dark Mist has obviously been delayed as it was originally meant to be out last week.

FirewalkR

How much for the CoD4 map pack in euros? 9.99?

And can anyone tell me the size of the R2 trailer? Hope it's got WAY higher bitrate than gametrailers and ign.

Wollan

Anyone else enjoy the new Purchase Confirmed sound effect?
Sounds like you're hitting off the lock of a chest or something.

FFObsessed said:
£7 for CoD4 map pack! Wow, I'll wait for them to drop the price on that for sure.
It's 4x Maps.

angelfly

Does anyone know if the characters in the Dark Mist expansion need to be unlocked first or are they there from the start?

angelfly said:
Does anyone know if the characters in the Dark Mist expansion need to be unlocked first or are they there from the start?

Once you've bought and installed the Depths of Darkness expansion all 3 extra characters can be selected in either the original or the expansion levels right from the start.

angelfly

Bootaaay said:
Once you've bought and installed the Depths of Darkness expansion all 3 extra characters can be selected in either the original or the expansion levels right from the start.

Thanks. I guess I'll spend my leftover money on it since there hasn't been many PS1 games in the past couple of weeks.

Wollan

Nathan Hale is a Norwegian dude apparently.

Game looks fantastic. I can actually start to think this is realtime, you see some shimmering..etc.

drakesfortune

Directions: Pull String For Uninformed Rant
Good God I'm an idiot, I just spent a half hour scanning the picture with the cats in it searching for the dudes. Finally I realized that I was looking at the wrong picture. Dur!! Well done as usual. :lol

Top Bottom