• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Store 04/24/08

Bebpo

Banned
chubigans said:
Yes, compared to all those rom dumps in the Virtual Console, PSN is a distant third.

Unless you're counting future WiiWare titles, which would be even more hypocritical since you can say Elefunk, Wipeout HD, SOCOM, Eden, Encore and Echochrome all look to be amazing.

Well PS1 games are rom dumps too :p

But yeah if you exclude the retro games, then PSN is only in 2nd place out of...2 places.

Speevy said:
bebpo, what you say is mostly true but you're being kind of an ass. 2 demos, a game, and dlc. that is a GOOD week. Sony isn't putting the effort in because there's absolutely no positive correlation btw console sales and digital downloads. Also, I have 13 games from the jpn store.

True. It's just the PSN store always makes me mad since there is so much potential and so many games I want to buy and play and I want them to do well but no one is putting them up.

I just bought the COD4 map pack. I was also thinking about getting the R Type bundle. I don't think I've played them before, do you guys think it's worth buying.

Synless

Rice-Eater said:
I just bought the COD4 map pack. I was also thinking about getting the R Type bundle. I don't think I've played them before, do you guys think it's worth buying.
I'm going with a solid yes. I just bought the same two things.

I just bought the cod4 maps and i'm not sure if this is a new feature that came with the new store but i love it.

i had 16 cents in my wallet just now and if i wanted to buy something with the old store for $6.99 for example, i used to have to add 10 dollars into my account or increments of 5, 10, 15 or 20 dollars. i just bought the cod4 maps and my credit card was charged with the exact total amount. 9.99 + tax, instead of me having to add $15 dollars to my wallet and have a few bucks left over. i never knew of this feature before but its new to me. i didnt even have to add money into my wallet through the account management screen either.

Synless

Maggot9 said:
COD4 has been patched to 1.3 something to do with the new maps im assuming? i noticed no difference in gameplay.
I heard it was game modes it added, or something like that.

j-wood

Is it just me, or do the controls for ironman suck something awful? It is the complete opposite of precise...you guys just zooms everywhere.

Synless

criesofthepast said:
I just bought the cod4 maps and i'm not sure if this is a new feature that came with the new store but i love it.

i had 16 cents in my wallet just now and if i wanted to buy something with the old store for $6.99 for example, i used to have to add 10 dollars into my account or increments of 5, 10, 15 or 20 dollars. i just bought the cod4 maps and my credit card was charged with the exact total amount. 9.99 + tax, instead of me having to add $15 dollars to my wallet and have a few bucks left over. i never knew of this feature before but its new to me. i didnt even have to add money into my wallet through the account management screen either.
I think it's new, I noticed it to when I bought something.

*edit* I guess it's always been there, I just never realized it.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
criesofthepast said:

Been there since Day 1.

Anything over $5 they'll charge you the exact amount.

criesofthepast said:

it was like that before. That's why I always buy stuff. it takes the exact amount rather than making me pull out extra money if i need it for IRL stuff :lol

Mammothtank said:
Hold the fucking phone...

Looks like content already on the disc to me, the 360 downloads that simply unlock disc content are around the same size.

No compaints about the update from me I got BISHI BASHI and a game that would cost $2 more on the VC and offer half the content.

tanod

when is my burrito
brain_stew said:
Looks like content already on the disc to me, the 360 downloads that simply unlock disc content are around the same size.

Read the thread. It's an installer that downloads 1GB+ worth of data.

R-Types GET! I loved those games.

*says a prayer for Megaman Legends 2*

Spy

It would be awesome if they put Mega Man Legends on the PSN. I'm waiting for Tomba!, Bust a Groove or Brave Fencer Musashi.

it's a license key that activates on your system. when you start up the game it'll auto download from server. if it was off the disc then the download speed wouldn't crawl :lol

Kittonwy

Banned
Ou est le Siren demo?
angry.gif

DoomGyver

Downloaded several wallpapers, R2 trailer, echochrome demo, restarted my system, and now i'm being asked to rebuild the HDD database. -_- I have 145gbs free on my HDD too.

If I have to go through my 3000+ songs again and rename each album I'm gonna be fucking pissed.

tanod

when is my burrito
Full Recovery said:
Downloaded several wallpapers, R2 trailer, echochrome demo, restarted my system, and now i'm being asked to rebuild the HDD database. -_- I have 145gbs free on my HDD too.

If I have to go through my 3000+ songs again and rename each album I'm gonna be fucking pissed.

I had this happen to me recently. My ripped MP3 tags stayed intact but I lost the album information on my games and videos and the messages in my mail box.

tanod

when is my burrito
Mister Chef said:
Still a rip-off, considering you still have to buy the cards separately >:|

Actually you don't. If you buy the pack online, you can build a set 2 deck virtually.

RedBoot

Oh holy crap, R-Types? And here I thought I wouldn't have to hook my wireless router back up today. Iron Man and Echochrome demos are nice too. I wish we could get updates like this every week.

Wollan

This is just brilliant.

I shower, prepare my bag and head out.
Coming out to the streets it's like totally 28 weeks later right. Deserted, only a couple of folks in the distance, no visible trams.

Call my buddy and asks if he's in Uni already. He's still asleep and informs me that it's Anzac day (AU public day).

I had a lot to do today but I automatically got the day off.
Purchased some Orange juice at 7/11, I'm all set for Siren Demo now.
*happyhappyjoyjoy*

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Bebpo said:
True. It's just the PSN store always makes me mad since there is so much potential and so many games I want to buy and play and I want them to do well but no one is putting them up.
For future reference, just be honest upfront that this all about your personal wants and leave out the attempts to make it seem like you're just watching out for J6P. You've been moving the goalposts all over the place in the past couple of pages and made a mockery of your otherwise fair underlying point.

GeoramA said:
Wow, the new store is soooo much better to navigate on.

Any R-Types impressions yet? Does it feel outdated?

get it. plays great on the psp. didn't play on the ps3 yet. but it holds up very well on the psp though ;3

acevans2

Echocrome is awesome. I'll have to try out Crush for PSP since someone said that's even better. Is there a PSP demo I can download somewhere?

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
tanod said:

they changed that today , there is top 10 and whats new , plus they add 2 new categories on the left side of the front page of the store

brandonh83 said:
do you have a SIREN ID yet? you'll need to get one first

Synless said:
Where do I get this?

mauaus said:
Its in the Ironman Demo, like a treasure hunt

brandonh83 said:
don't bother with it right now, the page server is being stupid slow.

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Dizzan

MINI Member
Wollan said:
This is just brilliant.

I shower, prepare my bag and head out.
Coming out to the streets it's like totally 28 weeks later right. Deserted, only a couple of folks in the distance, no visible trams.

Call my buddy and asks if he's in Uni already. He's still asleep and informs me that it's Anzac day (AU public day).

I had a lot to do today but I automatically got the day off.
Purchased some Orange juice at 7/11, I'm all set for Siren Demo now.
*happyhappyjoyjoy*

:lol

Only one of Australia's most important holidays! Have you been living under a rock Wollan?

Anyway, most shops open at Midday today. Enjoy the day off. I'll be stuck at home doing uni work.......

Wollan

Dizzan said:
:lol
Only one of Australia's most important holidays! Have you been living under a rock Wollan?

Anyway, most shops open at Midday today. Enjoy the day off. I'll be stuck at home doing uni work.......
I'm only a visitor in this fine country. I take it all in day by day. :D

Top Bottom