• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Store 04/24/08

Tntnnbltn

I tried the Rocketmen: Axis of Evil demo on the Euro store and it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be (based on GAF impressions). Still wouldn't pay full price for the whole game, however.

The Jer said:
really $2 ???

I thought it was 80 points on XBL.
I thought this was gonna go for $1

will get, either way.

suppose to be $.99 but things changed. Saw a thread at rockband.com forum. :lol good times. I would wait for that price drop though if there is one ;3

Dizzan

MINI Member
What the hell is wrong with the Australian store. Everywhere else gats the R2 trailer, except us.

We only get one of the PSOne games?

And COD4 map pack is $15.50 when our dollar is almost the same value as the US(96c)
I'm sure there is no import tax or shipping costs on fucking downloads. What a fucking rort!

Jim

Dizzan said:
What the hell is wrong with the Australian store. Everywhere else gats the R2 trailer, except us.

They didn't have time to translate Nathan Hale's script into Aussie moon-language obviously.

Tntnnbltn said:
I tried the Rocketmen: Axis of Evil demo on the Euro store and it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be (based on GAF impressions). Still wouldn't pay full price for the whole game, however.

It'd be a good multiplayer-game. The only problem with the game was that it started you with a low speed stat which ment you couldn't dodge shots until it was lvled up. I'd buy it during one of those discount offer days.

Tntnnbltn

Dizzan said:

We only get one of the PSOne games?

And COD4 map pack is $15.50 when our dollar is almost the same value as the US(96c)
I'm sure there is no import tax or shipping costs on fucking downloads. What a fucking rort!
Not to mention that Blast Factor, amongst other things, has still been MIA on the Australian store ever since the firmware update.

Jim

SCE and Rockstar should totally offer GTA1/GTA2 as a PS One classic to tie in with the release of 4. Same for MGS/MGS4 (as they did in Japan). That's just wasted potential.

jonabbey said:
So what's the Hot Shots Golf 5 update about?

add match play and a soccerball to kick around in the lobby

fixed formatting of the country's name. probably other small things but they only listed the first two.

Crisis said:
Just so everyone knows R-Types is R-Type 1 AND 2. Good deal if you like that kind of game.

Are they decent ports? What about music is it enhanced/arcade perfect? The PC Engine port of the original R Type is $8 on the VC so this seems a great deal, might bite.

Wollan

Played some C&C1. The memories, they are alive.

'Loading 20 480KB of Data...

failed

Loading 2048KB of Data

Success'

Steroyd

Jim said:
SCE and Rockstar should totally offer GTA1/GTA2 as a PS One classic to tie in with the release of 4. Same for MGS/MGS4 (as they did in Japan). That's just wasted potential.

There's always next week...

...nah!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Goldrusher said:
Release the original Metal Gear Solid on the Store. Not free though.
Seriously?! I had no idea. They'll do the same in US then, for sure. I thought having two discs was the problem there.

Speevy

Banned
dark mist has received negative impressions from almost everyone who has played it. why are we waiting for it again?

Jim said:
that would have been cool if they did that, i would have bought them again.

LJ11

Speevy said:
dark mist has received negative impressions from almost everyone who has played it. why are we waiting for it again?

pancakesandsex seemed to like it, and EDGE gave it a good review. I just want something new, I'll remain cautiously optimistic.

two psp legacy game.

Loco Roco - 524mb required. $21.99
Kingdom of Paradise - 1gb required. $10.99

Motley Crue song on the PSN store shows $.99. Get it now if you want it. don't buy it through the music store.

kuYuri

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/04/24/playstation-store-update-31/

Hey, everyone. It’s time again for the PLAYSTATION Store weekly update.
PS one Classics for PS3 / PSP

R-Types ($5.99)
Uniting two of the most difficult challenges of all time, R-TYPES presents the games R-TYPE and R-TYPE II in one complete package. In R-TYPE, your job is to play through 8 stages destroying monsters to save the world from doom. In R-TYPE II, journey to ancient ruins, dark caverns, into the crimson sky, and onto a Bydo star. It’s up to you to save a galaxy riddled by fear and cowardice.
ESRB Rated E
File size: 243 MB
Add-on Game Content

THE EYE OF JUDGEMENT: Biolith Rebellion 2 (Expansion Set Two) ($14.99)
Take your game to the next level with this new download for THE EYE OF JUDGMENT. Add 100 more new creatures, spells, and abilities that come to life with cards from Wizards of the Coast (sold seperately).
File size: 118 KB

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Variety Map Pack ($9.99)
The Variety Map Pack includes four new multiplayer maps. “Creek,” a village ravaged by combat where concealment is key; “Broadcast,” an enemy communications building with confined corridors and open parking lots; “Chinatown,” a foggy downtown district, lit only by a full moon and the glow of the city; and “Killhouse,” a training warehouse with building mock-ups and soft and hard cover points.
File size: 357 MB

Rock Band
Build your Rock Band library by purchasing these song game tracks. For song credits, visit www.RockBand.com.

* “Saints of Los Angeles” - Mötley Crüe ($0.99)
* “Screaming for Vengeance” - Judas Priest ($1.99)
* “(Take These) Chains” - Judas Priest ($1.99)
* “You’ve Got Another Thing Comin’” - Judas Priest ($1.99)
* “The Hellion/Electric Eye” - Judas Priest ($1.99)
* “Riding on the Wind” - Judas Priest ($1.99)
* “Pain and Pleasure” - Judas Priest ($1.99)
* “Fever” - Judas Priest ($1.99)
* “Devil’s Child” - Lynyrd Skynyrd ($1.99)
* “Bloodstone” - Judas Priest ($1.99)
* “Screaming For Vengeance” Album ($14.99)
This pack includes “Bloodstone,” “Devil’s Child,” “Fever,” “The Hellion/Electric Eye,” “Pain And Pleasure,” “Riding on the Wind,” “Screaming For Vengeance,” “(Take These) Chains,” and “You’ve Got Another Thing Comin’” by Judas Priest.

File sizes: 23.5 MB - 39.3 MB (singles), 279 MB (track pack).

GUITAR HERO III

* Def Leppard Track Pack ($6.25)
“Nine Lives”, “Photograph (Live)” and “Rock of Ages (Live)” by Def Leppard. For all song credits please visit www.redoctane.com

File size: 378 MB

Army of Two SSC Challenge Map Pack ($7.49)
Expand the two-man combat experience in Army of Two with the SSC Challenge Map Pack! This new content gives players a chance to test their skills in a different setting while retaining the action-packed co-op intensity of Army of Two. Four two-player co-op maps will allow gamers to compete in the SSC Challenge versus mode for the chance to earn big cash rewards.
File size: 378 MB

Karaoke Revolution Presents: American Idol Encore sownloadable songs ($1.49 each)
Plug in the microphone and live out your dream as a singing sensation! Expand your Karaoke Revolution Presents: American Idol Encore library by purchasing tracks from the in-game store. For music credits, visit the Karaoke Revolution section of www.konami.com. Full list of tracks (43) after the jump.
Game Demos (free)

echochrome Demo
Featuring an elegant black and white art design, echochrome is a puzzle game unlike any other. With gameplay based on optical illusions, players must utilize 5 simple laws of perspective to join walkways, hide dangers, and create new paths to reach the goal. Once you’ve mastered the 5 laws, use them to create your own mind-bending levels to play and share with friends using the custom level editor. Available for PlayStation 3 and PSP systems.
ESRB Rated E
File size: 34 MB

Iron Man Demo
Check out the official demo to learn what it takes to become a one man army as the unstoppable Iron Man! Customize your suit and battle against armies of fighter jets, tanks, armored Super Villains and more. Blast into hardcore shooting action and explosive combat from the film as well as exclusive content created just for the game.
ESRB Rated T
File size: 948 MB
Game Videos (free)

Resistance 2 Teaser Trailer
Download the teaser trailer for the highly anticipated follow-up to the best-selling PLAYSTATION 3 game.
File size: 98 MB (HD)

GT5 Prologue Techno Video
The best-selling racing franchise returns with the intense precursor to Gran Turismo 5, featuring over 60 cars from worldwide car manufacturers. With an all-new interior dash view, online racing, Drift mode and more, Gran Turismo 5 Prologue unveils revolutionary advancements that deliver the ultimate racing experience. Download this trailer today to see some of the hottest cars from the game.
File size: 50.6 MB (1080)

Army of Two SSC Challenge Teaser Trailer
Calling all private military contractors! Check out this preview trailer showcasing the new SSC Challenge mode, a downloadable add-on where two teams of two can compete in an intense obstacle course for the chance to join the SSC, the Private Military Corporation in Army of Two.
File size: 89 MB (HD)

FIFA 08 Features Video
Senior Producer, Joe Booth, explains the new features in the most realistic emulation of the real sport to date.
File size: 230 MB (HD)

Iron Man Action Trailer
Become a one man army as the unstoppable Iron Man! Customize your suit and battle against armies of fighter jets, tanks, armored Super Villains and more. Blast into hardcore shooting action and explosive combat from the film as well as exclusive content created just for the game. Check out the latest game trailer to see the game in action!
File size: 41 MB (HD)

PROTOTYPE – Discover Evolution
Escape into the role of a powerful shape-shifter. Choose to unravel a conspiracy with brutal force or cunning deception – master an enormous library of powers and morphing options. Discover what lies beyond the edge of evolution.
File size: 98 MB (HD)

Interview with Wyclef Jean P.1
Wyclef Jean explains the creative vision behind the ‘Fast Car’ music video and what it’s like to be inside ‘Burnout Paradise’.
File size: 74 MB (SD) 211 MB (HD) 345 MB (1080)

Interview with Wyclef Jean P.2
Wyclef Jean talks about his experience with the PLAYSTATION 3 system.
File size: 37 MB (SD) 111 MB (HD) 179 MB (1080)

Behind-the-Scenes of “Fast Car”
File size: 51 MB (SD) 145 MB (HD), 236 MB (1080)

Coachella Music Festival
Dive into the new world of gaming at Coachella! PLAYSTATION 3 will be onsite at Coachella Arts and Music Festival, April 25th - April 27th with its newest releases– Soundcheck your voice with SingStar, test your racing skills on Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, and create your own world on LittleBigPlanet.
File size: 86 MB (HD)
Movie and Blu-ray Disc Trailers (free)

88 Minutes
In 88 Minutes, Al Pacino stars as Dr. Jack Gramm, a college professor who moonlights as a forensic psychiatrist for the FBI. When Gramm receives a death threat claiming he has only 88 minutes to live, he must use all his skills and training to narrow down the possible suspects, who include a disgruntled student, a jilted former lover, and a serial killer who is already on death row, before his time
File size: 29 MB (SD) 107 MB (HD), 142 MB (1080)

The Water Horse
When a lonely young boy named Angus discovers a large, mysterious egg along the shores of Loch Ness, no one is prepared for what lies within.
File size: 120 MB (HD), 149 MB (1080)
PS3 Themes (free)

THE EYE OF JUDGMENT Theme #2
Customize your PS3 system with a cool THE EYE OF JUDGMENT theme. This theme allows you to change up the look of your background and XMB icons. Download today!
File size: 8.52 MB
PS3 Wallpaper (free)

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue Wallpaper (x4)
Customize the background of your PS3 system with this new Gran Turismo 5 Prologue Wallpaper
File size: 544 KB - 1.87 MB

Here is this week’s content release for the PLAYSTATION Store for PC. To download these games to your PSP, navigate to http://store.playstation.com. There, you’ll find descriptions of the content and directions on how to get started. For more on the PLAYSTATION Store for PC, please click here.
Downloadable Games

* LocoRoco ($21.99)
* Kingdom of Paradise ($10.99)
PS one Classics for PS3 / PSP

* R-Types (PSone Classic) ($5.99)
Game Demos (free)

* echochrome PSP Demo (also downloadable through the PS3 system)
Game Videos (free)

* LocoRoco Trailer
* Kingdom of Paradise Trailer
* R-Type Command Trailer
* Resistance 2 Trailer
* GT5 Prologue Techno Video
PSP Wallpaper (free)

* LocoRoco Wallpapers (x2)
* Kingdom of Paradise Wallpapers (x5)
Game Music

* LocoRoco Nightmare Track (free)

Hope you enjoy!

Ryu1999

Oni Jazar said:
[JOB]Oh, COME ON![/JOB]

It's GOB

1184040522276lb8.jpg

Bebpo

Banned
I wish I could meet whoever is in charge of the US PSN store design and punch them in the face.

Again the JPN/HK stores are great. They have a list of NEWLY ADDED STUFF very nicely displayed on the front page. Whereas the US/UK ones look the exact same every week and the only way J6P would know that there are new games he can buy is by searching the depths of the menus. J6P doesn't know there are thursday weekly updates and it's important to show him that there are NEW THINGS each time he goes online each week. It's like the US/UK stores want to have shit sales and blame it on that to not try.

Top Bottom