• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Store 06/19/08

AndyD

aka andydumi
User account icons with the wrestlers. THe rest of the countries later.

USwrestlers.png

EUwrestlers.png

Jtrizzy

I have a problem. I have 2700 MB free on my hard drive, the NCAA 08 demo is 1567, yet it says I don't have enough room on my hard drive. I was having the same problem when I tried to download the Haze demo. What the hell? Is some of it partitioned off or something?

DoomGyver

Jtrizzy said:
I have a problem. I have 2700 MB free on my hard drive, the NCAA 08 demo is 1567, yet it says I don't have enough room on my hard drive. I was having the same problem when I tried to download the Haze demo. What the hell? Is some of it partitioned off or something?

Junior needs to upgrade.

I honestly don't know why, I imagine the PS3 needs a minimal amount of space free in order to function.

lupinko

Mrbob said:
The HSG5 course download is only 100kb. Looks like the course is already on the disc and you are downloading an unlock key. Awesome.

Nope, the course isn't on the disc already, if the US version is anything like the Japanese version (which it probably is like the Japanese version), after you download and install the update through your XMB, you have to then download the in-game patch (which itself is a pretty decent sized download) that adds the Course in.

This is how it is for all DLC for Golf, Clap Hanz isn't EA you know. :lol

Lain

Jtrizzy said:

That happens because after downloading, it needs to be installed so it needs more space (in your case, lots more XD).

Jtrizzy

Yeah I have a launch 20 gig and haven't upgraded the hard drive. I think I'll just take all the video off and put it on my roommates pc. My laptop hard drive is full too.

carlos

Lain said:
That happens because after downloading, it needs to be installed so it needs more space (in your case, lots more XD).

This; assume you need exactly twice as much space as the demo requires to dl it.

Jtrizzy said:
Yeah I have a launch 20 gig and haven't upgraded the hard drive. I think I'll just take all the video off and put it on my roommates pc. My laptop hard drive is full too.
You usually have to have at least 2800MB free on your HDD. I know because I use to have the same issues, until I upgraded.

Lain

Never saw Linger in Shadows when it was talked about months ago, so saw it now for the first time. It's pretty cool.

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
BoilersFan23 said:
You usually have to have at least 2800MB free on your HDD. I know because I use to have the same issues, until I upgraded.

I've run my drive with much less space than that. I believe you need enough room for the DL and the installation which generally isn't much larger than the DL itself.

Pimpwerx

Great update this week. I'm glad for the Commando3 demo. I still haven't bought the game and I'm glad I can try it before buying it. My only complaint is the $5 golf course in HSG. Those things should be $2-3, but it's not like I'm losing sleep over it. I don't expect this level of output each week, but we should be seeing healthy updates like these instead of the barren desert we had the first few months of this year. PEACE.

pj

Banned
fatal inertia is god awful. I don't see how anything moving that slow could be considered fatal

Guy Legend

I haven't downloaded update 2.36 yet and I don't think I will if 2.4 is just around the corner (next week?). Hopefully, I won't be waiting too long...

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
pj325is said:
fatal inertia is god awful. I don't see how anything moving that slow could be considered fatal
just got done with it. all the sand levels looked like crap and there's no sense of speed. i hope wipeout hd is more fun than this (and cheaper).

btw, anyway to look at rss feeds on ps3? google reader won't load.

tanod

when is my burrito
Blu_LED said:
I got it too!! The Resistance 2 video may just be what makes me feel happy about my purchase

I'd like a bonus for the annual subscription other than CAC (already own it) and I'd jump in.

Barakov

Lindsay said:
Does the MGS Database thing block spoilers only from MGS4? I don't wanna have MGS3 ruined for me~

It seems to only block MGS4 spoilers.

twinturbo2 said:
Dumb question, but where did the wrestlers come from? Smackdown VS. Raw 08?

Yeah, it was one of the Smackdown VS. Raw games. I thought it was 07 though. Not like it matters.

wow, ps3 fatal inertia is every bit as bad as 360 version. at least this one is only 30 bucks.

there is absolutely no way to justify purchasing this game, knowing that wipeout hd is just around the cargo.

*triangle button -> delete*

rubbish.

in other news, i downloaded metal gear database, fatal inertia demo, commando 3 demo, and PoP trailer. this is the first time since downloading items from the store that i've had great download speeds. wewt!!!

tanod said:
I'd like a bonus for the annual subscription other than CAC (already own it) and I'd jump in.
Yeah, I was kinda pissed about that too (I own it as well). But from the looks of it if they offer another game, people with annual subscriptions will be able to download it regardless of if they signed up that month or not.

iceatcs

Yeah they should have offer choose one of 4 or more different PSN games for free.

WiCkEd_Co said:
If I put stuff to download and then try a demo will it still download in the background like the 360 does?
Should be, not online gaming I think.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
I'm having a problem with my controller lately I think it began a couple days ago after the system mysteriously froze coming out of a PS2 game like it occasionally will do. It'll turn the system on then the controller itself will shut back off. Pressing the PS button again will cause the 4 lights to blink for a few seconds then go right back off. >.< The only way to keep the controller on is to press the PS button with it connected to that stupid super short cord after which I can unplug it and use it. What in the worlds wrong and how do I fix it??

Barakov said:
It seems to only block MGS4 spoilers.

Aww darn guess I'll have to sit on it for now then.

Edit: Also why in the world don't hardly any of the new games/demos have screenshots and previews? That stuff should be mandatory! Use the new PS Store to its fullest potential darnit!

pj325is said:
I actually really enjoyed it. It lacks sense of speed, but the controls are a big improvement over the 360 version and is kind of fun. I want Wipeout more, but I'm debating whether I buy.

ascii42

BoilersFan23 said:
I actually really enjoyed it. It lacks sense of speed, but the controls are a big improvement over the 360 version and is kind of fun. I want Wipeout more, but I'm debating whether I buy.
I thought it was alright as well, just not $30 worth of alright.

ascii42 said:
I thought it was alright as well, just not $30 worth of alright.
The game has around $60 retail game worth of content, so I'm thinking it might be worth $30, but it's no impulse price (which is why I'm debating). If it was $20, I'd buy right now without thinking. I have a feeling Wipeout HD will be the same price.

Pimpwerx

DMPrince said:
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z121/manastudio/Untitled-5-1.jpg

;o
Dammit, I want that Naruto demo. Ugh...looks like I might be duped into another ep. I haven't spent much time watching the first ep, just got it for the SOCOM beta. They need to put a content list for each episode in the PSN store description. I think the info bar might display the contents, but I don't know anyone that actually reads that thing. PEACE.

tanod

when is my burrito
Lindsay said:
I'm having a problem with my controller lately I think it began a couple days ago after the system mysteriously froze coming out of a PS2 game like it occasionally will do. It'll turn the system on then the controller itself will shut back off. Pressing the PS button again will cause the 4 lights to blink for a few seconds then go right back off. >.< The only way to keep the controller on is to press the PS button with it connected to that stupid super short cord after which I can unplug it and use it. What in the worlds wrong and how do I fix it??

Sounds like you need to charge it.

Tntnnbltn

I downloaded the Hail to the Chip demo from the US store... I haven't made it past the main menu yet. The news broadcast and fake advertisements are great. :lol

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
tanod said:
Sounds like you need to charge it.

Nopenopes its fully charged, 3 bars, etc! I also tried resetting the controller with that teeny hard to get button on the back but that didn't help either. ;_;

tanod

when is my burrito
Jtrizzy said:
I'm getting about 1 mb every 25 seconds downloading the NCAA demo. Anyone else getting super slow speeds?

Pause and resume = 1MB every 2 seconds for me.

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
Lindsay said:
Nopenopes its fully charged, 3 bars, etc! I also tried resetting the controller with that teeny hard to get button on the back but that didn't help either. ;_;

That's happened to me 3 or 4 times since Launch. Just need to keep trying to connect it with and without the USB plugged in and it eventually connects. Usually took me a minute or two of trying to get it working.

Edit - that's for when the 4 lights are blinking constantly when you unplug the USB cord. Not sure what the deal is if your lights shut off completely.

pj325is said:
The Velocity match that was in the second race in the series in the demo was plenty fast. Unless you just loaded up the demo and left.

WiCkEd_Co said:
Just downloaded the demo and found out it's online up to 8 players and you can even go online with the demo.
Yeah, the demo was ok a few weeks ago with 8 players online when the Japanese demo came up. Going to try this now to see if the online is more stable since more players are in NA this time around.

Top Bottom