• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Store 06/19/08

Agent X

Metalmurphy said:
Anyone bought Commando 3? How is it?

Reviews have been pretty poor but I kinda enjoyed the demo.

I haven't bought it myself, but I also thought the demo was pretty good. I'm considering getting it in the near future.

duckroll

Guybrush Threepwood said:
Any of those playable if you don't understand Japanese at all?

Einhander is a horizontal shooter, Raystorm is a vertical shooter, Rakugaki Showtime is a Treasure action game, and Fighters' Impact is an arcade fighting game. I have no idea what Astronoka is.

tanod

when is my burrito
Guybrush Threepwood said:
Any of those playable if you don't understand Japanese at all?

Einhander <3 <3 <3

I lost my copy long ago some how. I cry a tear every day for losing track of it.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Is anyone out there genuinely having fun with Pain? I love Gripshift which also got so-so reviews so I could see myself enjoying this. How's the longevity of Pain?

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Yeah, I had genuine fun with Pain, though it ran its course quickly for me. I got 5-10 hrs of amusement out of it. I think I'd have more fun with it when they get a deeper replay feature built in.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
sykoex said:
Is anyone out there genuinely having fun with Pain? I love Gripshift which also got so-so reviews so I could see myself enjoying this. How's the longevity of Pain?

If you have a friend, buy buy buy. Pain Bowling easily gave us 30+ hours of fun.

AkuMifune

Banned
Xenogears & Einhander!

Damn you Sony why aren't you supporting the US PSN with these treasures!?!

50-platoon.jpg

WHY??!?!?!

Crisis

Banned
Pein said:
no scea for not releasing them on the us psn

If Square Enix asked SCEA to release those games on the US PSN I can assure you that SCEA would release it any day of Square Enix's choosing.

AkuMifune

Banned
I guess I should blame SE. Or myself for never learning Japanese.

Either way, the US PSN has less PS1 Games than any other region, EU included. Hell, even the HK store gets updated each week with at least a few games.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
kaching said:
Sorry, no. Haven't given Fatal Inertia enough time to look like a good deal at $30. *snickers*
Well how much will Wipeout cost anyway? I'm starting to worry they're getting ideas from that FI price tag. Can't blame them, I guess I'd still shell out the money.

Speevy

Banned
sykoex said:
Well how much will Wipeout cost anyway? I'm starting to worry they're getting ideas from that FI price tag. Can't blame them, I guess I'd still shell out the money.

it's probably 39.99, like warhawk and gt5

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
sykoex said:
I expect $40 and I expect it'll be worth it. They don't need ideas from the FI price tag, they've already got their own precedent to refer back to with Warhawk and GT5P.

Damodar

bigswords said:
I'm still waiting for Commandos :( Asian PSN is the dumps.

Euro PSN users laugh at your comments. Our PS1 collection is so poor. It's a cliche thing to say, but I want to give Sony my money, but they won't let me. At least give us Symphony Of The Night :(

Oneself

Speevy said:
I bought fi, and the game repays me by never letting me connect to a game

It worked for me, but it wasn't really fun... the single player is quite good though, but I'm stuck at the duel race in that damn jungle track.... the Elite qualifier or something like that...

bigswords

Damodar said:
Euro PSN users laugh at your comments. Our PS1 collection is so poor. It's a cliche thing to say, but I want to give Sony my money, but they won't let me. At least give us Symphony Of The Night :(

Well are your PS1 games from the PSN store in your language? Our PS1 games are mostly in Japanese! Sigh~

Oneself said:
It worked for me, but it wasn't really fun... the single player is quite good though, but I'm stuck at the duel race in that damn jungle track.... the Elite qualifier or something like that...
The AI is punishingly hard by that point. I had to go back to some of the previous races to make sure I had some of the ship upgrades before trying.

Oneself

AlphaTwo00 said:
The AI is punishingly hard by that point. I had to go back to some of the previous races to make sure I had some of the ship upgrades before trying.

oh good idea, I'll do this!

MadFuzzy

Japanese store update today:

Games:

Shiki-Tei - 1500 yen
Dragonball Z Burst Limit Demo

Add-ons:

Minna no Golf Costume Set 2 - 600 yen

Videos:

Kung Fu Panda

Anyone know where I can buy a JP PSN store card? The guy on ebay who usually sells them doesn't have any in stock, plus I can't get Entropay to work with the JP PSN card, so i'm looking for a website that sells the cards (not playasia, as they won't sell to EU member countries) and ideally emails the codes to you on purchase. Any help would be much appreciated :)

Roxas

holy funk!

But really, im not expecting it to be released, those release date calenders on the EU site are ALWAYS wrong. We'll get the MGS4 database and that'll be our "treat" for the week.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/06/25/novastrike-to-get-significant-update-and-european-release-in-a/

Novastrike to get significant update (and European release) in August

Posted Jun 25th 2008 7:30PM by Andrew Yoon
Filed under: e-Distribution Games, Game Patches

Did you download Novastrike? It's PSN's first self-published game from independent studio Tiki Games. The game got a rough start when it released a few weeks ago, but after listening to player feedback, the developers are going to adjust the game and make it even more accessible to the masses. The biggest complaint with the title appears to be the relentless difficulty: "These modes were meant to be along the lines of casual, normal, and hard difficulty. Based on responses we've seen so far it looks like we ended up with something more like hard, harder, and hardest. Umm, oops?"

A new update, planned for August, will not only rebalance the difficulty to make it feasible for mortals, it will also give fully customizable controls, a new fine-aim mode for weapons, and a larger player ship to make it easier to see the action. Most excitingly, PSN trophies will also be supported (with fifteen being added to the game).

Once these tweaks are done, the patch will be made available for all that purchased the game already. In addition, this newly updated version of Novastrike will be made available for European gamers as well. We're rooting for you, Tiki Games -- as an independent developer exclusively supporting PlayStation, we certainly commend your efforts.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Bootaaay said:
Anyone know where I can buy a JP PSN store card? The guy on ebay who usually sells them doesn't have any in stock, plus I can't get Entropay to work with the JP PSN card, so i'm looking for a website that sells the cards (not playasia, as they won't sell to EU member countries) and ideally emails the codes to you on purchase. Any help would be much appreciated :)
NCSX sells them, but they're currently out. They're expecting restock in the next couple of days.

3,000 Yen Ticket
5,000 Yen Ticket

They email the code.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=159657

Commando 3 on Euro PSN next week
News by Tom Bramwell

Today 09:27

Wolf of the Battlefield: Commando 3 will be released on the European PSN store next Thursday, 3rd July, a Sony source has told Eurogamer.

The Capcom shooter launched on the US version of the PlayStation 3 shop on 5th June and on Xbox Live Arcade worldwide on 11th June.

However, unless you have a US credit card, you can't buy stuff from the US PS3 shop.

We've already played both XBLA and PSN versions, which formed the basis of Dan Whitehead's mostly positive review.

As he put it, "Capcom manages to both wash away the bad taste of Rocketmen and prove that old-fashioned blasters can be made to work today without losing the naïve verve of the 1980s." Which is high praise for a two-stick top-down shooter in this day and age.

Almyn

I will be interested to see how they handle Echochrome on the Euro stores. Assuming they are releasing both the psp and ps3 versions to the store like they have in every other region.

£24.99 for the psp game is overpriced, When you consider what it sells for on the US store. Either way i'm glad i managed to buy it from the US store weeks ago.

Xater

nofi said:
Today's European PSN Store Content:

PS3:
Metal Gear Solid Database
Commando 3 Demo

Add-ons:
Pain: Nigel Pack (69p)
World Of Warcraft Track

Other:
Prince of Persia Trailer
Prince Caspian Trailer
Call of Duty World At War Trailers

PSP:
Pursuit Force (£14.99)

I hope the WoW track will also be available as a MP3 lke the God of War one and YAY for MGS4 database.

Damodar said:

I bought SOTN from the US store by using Entropay.

itxaka

Defeatist
nofi said:
Today's European PSN Store Content:

PS3:
Metal Gear Solid Database
Commando 3 Demo

Add-ons:
Pain: Nigel Pack (69p)
World Of Warcraft Track

Other:
Prince of Persia Trailer
Prince Caspian Trailer
Call of Duty World At War Trailers

PSP:
Pursuit Force (£14.99)

Aaaaand we are fucked again! Thanks Sony europe! we will keep showing our support to your products.

Top Bottom