• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store 08/13/09 IS MAHVEL BAYBEE!

Freezing

marvel.jpg
Looks like I'm going to Gamestop instead of just downloading it

xS1TH L0RDx said:
Wait, what? then it really is just a voucher to d/l? Fuck that noise

Supposedly it also contains a colour manual, 1 month subscription to Marvel Digital Comics and 2000 Capcom Unity Points.

Not sure if that's confirmed though, I saw it on a banned site.

Jim

More Capcom Classics confirmed by Capcom.
http://www.capcom-unity.com/number6/blog/2009/08/11/more_capcom_classics_coming_to_ps3_and_psp

To help rekindle your burning flame of Capcom love, we have plans to release some serious classics for the PS3 and PSP. These are games that I fell for when I was just an impressionable youth. I would sit outside the window at these games' houses, and serenade them with love songs. Finally, they have returned to me, thus proving that they love me too.

Nearly every big Capcom series is included in this list, from Mega Man to Street Fighter. Of particular interest to me is Dino Crisis, as I am a notorious fan of both Dinos and Crises.

Check out the full list of games coming soon to your favorite shiny black console (or its sleek portable cousin, in the case of the UMD Legacy games)

- Capcom Classics Collection Reloaded (UMD Legacy)
- Mega Man Powered Up (UMD Legacy)
- Dino Crisis (PlayStation Legacy)
- Powerstone Collection (UMD Legacy)
- Mega Man Maverick Hunter X (UMD Legacy)
- Resident Evil 2 (PlayStation Legacy)
- Darkstalkers Chronicle: The Chaos Tower (UMD Legacy)
- Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max (UMD Legacy)
- Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (PlayStation Legacy)
- Capcom Puzzle World (UMD Legacy)

For those of you paying particularly close attention, there is one game on this list that may be a surprise. Capcom Puzzle World has cleared its last hurdle, and will be included as a UMD Legacy title. I'm so proud of it!

For those fans who may be new to legacy titles, jump in! A UMD Legacy game can be downloaded from a PS3 to a PSP, where it is fully playable as a purely digital experience. The PSone classics can also be downloaded to the PSP for on-the-go Dino Crisis, as well as being playable on the PS3 itself.

gokieks

Baloonatic said:
Supposedly it also contains a colour manual, 1 month subscription to Marvel Digital Comics and 2000 Capcom Unity Points.

Not sure if that's confirmed though, I saw it on a banned site.

From Marvel:

Calling all PS3 owners, GameStop Wants to Take You For a Ride! Sure, "Marvel vs. Capcom 2" has been bombarding Xbox Live with shinku hadoukens, magnetic tempests and hail storms since July 27, but only PS3 gamers can pick up the limited edition retail version from GameStop!

Capcom's all-new retail edition includes a product voucher code for the game along with another code that gets you a free one-month subscription to Marvel Digital Comics Unlimited! Combined with limited edition packaging & availability and that's a deal worth waiting for! All for only $14.99!

Whether you head to your local GameStop to acquire one of the finest fighting games of all time or download it via the PlayStation Network, prepare your PS3 for all the "Marvel vs. Capcom 2" action you can handle when it releases on August 13, for $14.99!

Since the difference will only come out to be the cost of tax (PS Store online purchases aren't taxed in Michigan), I'm definitely going to pick up that package assuming the GameStops around here have it on Thursday.

gokieks said:
From Marvel:

Since the difference will only come out to be the cost of tax (PS Store online purchases aren't taxed in Michigan), I'm definitely going to pick up that package assuming the GameStops around here have it on Thursday.

Seems like a good deal then, shame I live in the UK.

And I can't wait for Dino Crisis, haven't played it for something like 10 years. What the hell happened to my copy :(

gokieks said:
From Marvel:

Fuck it, I'll go for it.

DO NOT BUY CAPCOM PUZZLE WORLD!! Can't stress this enough. The shining jewel in this collection (Puzzle Fighter) has a game ending bug that won't let you proceed past the fourth stage (while loading the intermissions). Apparently it's a widespread issue (google it), it fucking pissed me off. Do not buy unless you REALLY like Buster Bros or they fix the bug.

yurinka

mistuhcahlos said:
DO NOT BUY CAPCOM PUZZLE WORLD!! Can't stress this enough. The shining jewel in this collection (Puzzle Fighter) has a game ending bug that won't let you proceed past the fourth stage (while loading the intermissions). Apparently it's a widespread issue (google it), it fucking pissed me off. Do not buy unless you REALLY like Buster Bros or they fix the bug.
Maybe the European version was fixed?
BTW who were the developers/porters? (I have the retail game, but I'm too lazy)

Jim said:
Awesome news, they almost have in UMD Legacy all their PSP titles.

jvm

Gamasutra.
ShinoguTakeruKoeru said:
What's left? Well, besides the Monster Hunter games.
On the store already:
  • Capcom Classics Collection Remixed
  • Ultimate Ghosts 'n Goblins
Slated to come:
  • Capcom Classics Collection Reloaded
  • Mega Man Powered Up
  • Powerstone Collection
  • Mega Man Maverick Hunter X
  • Darkstalkers Chronicle: The Chaos Tower
  • Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max
  • Capcom Puzzle World
Undetermined:
  • Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law
  • Monster Hunter Freedom
  • Monster Hunter Freedom 2
  • Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
  • Viewtiful Joe Red Hot Rumble
Anything I missed?

kassatsu

Banned
jp.png
NOW UP!
/!\ Updates throughout the week @ ~ 11PM EDT

GAMES

► PSP
○ Karakuri (¥2200)

► PSOne (¥600 each)
○ Arcade Hits: Suiko Enbu
○ Mega Man
○ Rapid Racer
○ Saikyou Toudai Shogi
○ Vagrant Story

ADD-ONS

► Mega Man 9
○ Super Hero Mode (¥100)

VAGRANT.

STORY.

DEAR GOD, SOMEONE ON THIS SILLY FORUM, TELL ME THAT COULD MEAN THERE"S A CHANCE WE MIGHT GET IT IN THE U.S....

:)

Wow.

I would pay $14.99 for Vagrant Story.

Even $24.99.

Maybe more. Do you hear me Square? Anyone who works at Sony on the PS Store and has anything to do with pricing, go ahead and mark it high. No one will complain. Even if it's $39.99. We'll all still buy it at the price without whining.

Please?

Deadly Monk said:

Even $24.99.

Maybe more. Do you hear me Square? Anyone who works at Sony on the PS Store and has anything to do with pricing, go ahead and mark it high. No one will complain. Even if it's $39.99. We'll all still buy it at the price without whining.

Please?

no you keep your outrageous price to yourself. i'll buy it at $9.99 only.

kassatsu

Banned
Deadly Monk said:

Even $24.99.

Please?
If it ever does come, it will be $9.99

-PXG-

Cruzader said:
sucks they put that nasty yellow thing on top of box:

marvel.jpg

Can't wait to get mine :D Does it come with a book, or just a voucher inside, a la Patapon 2?

I'm the only one (among customers and employees) who pre-orders good games at my store

- KOF XII
- MvC 2
- Muramasa
- BlazBlue
- Devil Summoner 2

Also, when in the fuck is Trine coming out? Shit!

kassatsu said:
If it ever does come, it will be $9.99

I downloaded the Japanese version but I would gladly pay again for the US version. $9.99...what a steal that would be.

They should make a "Matsuno Pack". I would have a heart attack if that happened. Ogre,VS and Tactics for $29.99.

Arkham

The Amiga Brotherhood
Arkham said:
Again, I ask you to correct this to include Canada.

Rather, THIS guy is doing all the asking, and you don't want to mess with him:

5d2ddv.gif

Heya, kassatsu:

Which font did you use for the text/country names? I'm trying to make it easier for ya...

;)

Fox1304

kassatsu said:
jp.png
NOW UP!
/!\ Updates throughout the week @ ~ 11PM EDT

► PSOne (¥600 each)
○ Vagrant Story

Now waiting for it to drop by the US ( or EU, lulz ) will be even harder ...

Aru

Vagrant Story eh ?

I didn't like very much (though I don't hated them either) the Matsuno games I've played so far (FFT, FFTA, FFXII), I wonder if I'd like that one ?

Legend of Mana next please.

Are there many S-E games missing on the Store new besides LoM, FF8 and 9 ?

Please don't screw Europe again Capcom :(

Haven't played MvC (never played the 2nd one, i know shame on me) for about 10 years!

Anyone knows how much will it cost?

Also, will the game feature new stuff or is it a complete HD Remake with online?

Aru

ChackanKun said:
Please don't screw Europe again Capcom :(

Haven't played MvC (never played the 2nd one, i know shame on me) for about 10 years!

Anyone knows how much will it cost?

15$/€.

kassatsu

Banned
More PSP games coming to Japanese PSN

• 8/13: Shutokou Highway Battle PSP the Best (Genki, ¥2,200)
  • 8/13: Daisenryaku Portable Genki the Best (Genki, ¥2,200)
  • 8/13: Daisenryaku Portable 2 Genki the Best (Genki, ¥2,200)
  • 8/17: SNK Arcade Classics Vol.1 (SNK Playmore, ¥3,990)
  • 8/17: Metal Slug Complete (SNK Playmore, ¥2,070)
  • 8/17: Bokujou Monogatari: Sugar Mura to Minna no Negai (MMV, ¥4,200)
  • 8/17: Bokujou Monogatari Harvest Moon Boy & Girl PSP the Best (MMV, ¥2,100)
  • 8/19: Coded Soul (SCE, ¥3,800)
  • 8/19: Tenchi mo Mon 2 Busouden (SCE, ¥3,800)
  • 8/19: Fuku Fuku no Shima (SCE, ¥3,800)
  • 8/19: Wild Arms XF (SCE, ¥3,800)

klee123

kassatsu said:
More PSP games coming to Japanese PSN

• 8/13: Shutokou Highway Battle PSP the Best (Genki, ¥2,200)
  • 8/13: Daisenryaku Portable Genki the Best (Genki, ¥2,200)
  • 8/13: Daisenryaku Portable 2 Genki the Best (Genki, ¥2,200)
  • 8/17: SNK Arcade Classics Vol.1 (SNK Playmore, ¥3,990)
  • 8/17: Metal Slug Complete (SNK Playmore, ¥2,070)
  • 8/17: Bokujou Monogatari: Sugar Mura to Minna no Negai (MMV, ¥4,200)
  • 8/17: Bokujou Monogatari Harvest Moon Boy & Girl PSP the Best (MMV, ¥2,100)
  • 8/19: Coded Soul (SCE, ¥3,800)
  • 8/19: Tenchi mo Mon 2 Busouden (SCE, ¥3,800)
  • 8/19: Fuku Fuku no Shima (SCE, ¥3,800)
  • 8/19: Wild Arms XF (SCE, ¥3,800)

Damn, I really would like to know how these will sell. 4000 yen for SNK arcade classics? Pretty damn poorly I'd think.

If they were playable on both PSP and PS3 then they'd be much easier to justify.

Top Bottom