• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store 08/21/08

Jim

GSG Flash said:
Apparently they delayed the PS3 NHL09 demo so they can release both the PS3 and 360 demo at the same time :mad:

Uhh.. read back a few posts.

EA PR said:
UPDATE: The NHL 09 Demo has been delayed and will not be on PLAYSTATION Network until late August. The demo will still be on Xbox LIVE in early September.

Goldrusher

003_north.gif
NOW UP!

GAMES

► EA Sports Fantasy Football Live Score Tracker ($0.99)

► Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest for Booty ($14.99)

GAME DEMOS

► NFL Head Coach 09

► Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

► The Last Guy

GAME CONTENT

► Guitar Hero III
○ Dragonforce Track Pack ($6.25)
♪ "Heroes of Our Time"
♪ "Revolution Deathsquad"
♪ "Operation Ground and Pound"

► Haze
○ Domination Pack (free)

► Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds
○ Kratos ($1.99)

► Rock Band
♪ Devo - "Girl U Want" ($1.99)
♪ Devo - "Through Being Cool" ($1.99)
♪ Duran Duran - "Girls on Film" ($1.99)
♪ Duran Duran - "Rio" ($1.99)
♪ The Janitors - "Get Your Rock On" ($0.99)

PSP GAMES

► Jeanne d'Arc ($22.99)

GAME VIDEOS

► PSN
○ Leipzig trailer

► Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway
○ Making Of #1: Operation
○ Making Of #2: Roll Call

► inFamous
○ Leipzig trailer

► Madden NFL 09
○ Virtual Trainer Trailer
○ Rewind Trailer
○ BackTrack Trailer

► PAIN
○ Clown Toss Mode trailer
○ Hot'n'Cold Mode trailer

► Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest for Booty
○ Trailer

► The Last Guy
○ Cities Trailer

► Vampire Rain
○ Trailer 5
○ Gameplay Trailer 2

► Warhawk Fallen Star
○ trailer

THEMES & WALLPAPERS

► inFamous - theme
► MotorStorm Pacific Rift - wallpaper
► Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest for Booty - theme & wallpaper
► TNA! Impact - wallpapers (3)​

Pimpwerx

Great update. The JP one is the weakest for a change. Lots of video content. Kratos should be 99cents, not $1.99. He's nowhere near as cool as Gloria. :D But I bought it anyway, so I'm clearly part of the problem. :( Other than that, PSN looks like it's getting better.

Any word on when the Novastrike update lands? I'll get that game when that comes out. No point getting it this week with Q4B and all these demos though. PEACE.

maxax

Huuuuuge update. I wish they would stop putting out all these Vampire Rain Trailers, who watches them anyway? :lol

Jeanne D'Arc as a downloadable is really tempting. I wish they made the PSP games a little cheaper though, considering their age. 14.99 would probably be the sweet spot for an impulse buy with this game. The way it is I'll wait a bit until I have a real SRPG urge.

SW: TFU looks way better than I thought.

Really good updates all over the world today. Sony is really getting better at this.

maxax said:
Huuuuuge update. I wish they would stop putting out all these Vampire Rain Trailers, who watches them anyway? :lol

Jeanne D'Arc as a downloadable is really tempting. I wish they made the PSP games a little cheaper though, considering their age. 14.99 would probably be the sweet spot for an impulse buy with this game. The way it is I'll wait a bit until I have a real SRPG urge.

SW: TFU looks way better than I thought.

Really good updates all over the world today. Sony is really getting better at this.

i think PSP games were cheaper. but they upped the price for some of their games which is a bit weird. [19.99 i think]

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Pimpwerx said:
Great update. The JP one is the weakest for a change. Lots of video content. Kratos should be 99cents, not $1.99. He's nowhere near as cool as Gloria. :D But I bought it anyway, so I'm clearly part of the problem. :( Other than that, PSN looks like it's getting better.

Any word on when the Novastrike update lands? I'll get that game when that comes out. No point getting it this week with Q4B and all these demos though. PEACE.
The Novastrike guy said he had just submitted it to Sony QA, and that takes about two weeks.

Aru

OMFG Jeanne d'Arc ?

Here's my money Sony, take it !
It was thinking about importing the game, but now I bought the digital version :D

maxax

DMPrince said:
i think PSP games were cheaper. but they upped the price for some of their games which is a bit weird. [19.99 i think]
Yeah, I saw it when it happened. It actually made me not buy a game I was interested in.
I really can't imagine the PSP games selling well at these prices, but maybe I'm just cheap.

Aru said:
OMFG Jeanne d'Arc ?

Here's my money Sony, take it !
It was thinking about importing the game, but now I bought the digital version :D

Great price at £11! If I hadn't got it already, I'd have snapped it up here in an instant. Awesome game!

Goldrusher

Someone download The Last Guy and tell us if it's the same Japanese level as in the HK demo. Which is the first stage of the Japan Premium game.

It's only 200MB, but I have Quest for Booty going at full speed.

Steroyd said:
Is PSN running slow for everyone?

Nope. QFB incoming at 15 mbps.

maxax said:
Yeah, I saw it when it happened. It actually made me not buy a game I was interested in.
I really can't imagine the PSP games selling well at these prices, but maybe I'm just cheap.

Nah. isn't it like 19.99 in game stores now? :lol oh well. i have it on UMD but i would prefer a digital form on the go

Goldrusher said:
Someone download The Last Guy and tell us if it's the same Japanese level as in the HK demo. Which is the first stage of the Japan Premium game.

It's only 200MB, but I have Quest for Booty going at full speed.

Nope. QFB incoming at 15 mbps.

have it installed. and it's the same level as HK demo.

Baha

DMPrince said:
Nah. isn't it like 19.99 in game stores now? :lol oh well. i have it on UMD but i would prefer a digital form on the go

Same. Actually if they put up Y''s Ark of Napishtim, I'll buy a 2nd copy especially since it runs faster off the memory stick.

Concept17

Surprised to see Jeanne D'arc pop up on the store. If you haven't played it, I highly recommend picking it up. Easily one of the best psp games.

maxax

Baha said:
Same. Actually if they put up Y''s Ark of Napishtim, I'll buy a 2nd copy especially since it runs faster off the memory stick.
You know what, I would too. But not at $20+.

Jeanne on the PSN is the cheapest version I can get (importing and all that) but it's still too much for an impulse buy. Maybe Sony is getting pressure from retailers.

Question about Wipeout HD: I just saw the trailer and it's beautiful, will it have online? I guess it will?

Hopefully there will be a demo, I didn't like Wipeout Pure very much...

would having psp games on PSN store help stop piracy? or at least lessen it? ;o

anyways. i need a bigger memory stick. at least 4gb.

Top Bottom