• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store 10/29/09 – LocoRoco Midnight Carnival

jump_button said:
when are videos coming to EU was it Nov? :lol its been a long time coming
Yeah I nearly forgot about that. November is only a few days away and all is quiet on that front. Also while they're at it, they could add a subscription based service like Netflix streaming to the PSN.
I can dream.

JP PSP Demos:

1st November - new MGS Peace Walker Demo, Phantasy Star Portable 2 demo
2nd November - Valkyria Chronicles 2 demo.

Holy shit. Thats really gonna show japanese PSP Go launch buyers what an absurdly awesome line-up is on the way. Imagine if there was a Birth by Sleep demo as well :lol

Does anyone know where I can find file sizes for PSP games? I'm considering downloading a bunch for a lengthy trip, but even though most are pretty small I wouldn't want to have to choose between them. Most of them only have some bullshit requirements like 128kB for Pinball Fantasies. I need to know if they're both within my price and memory stick budget.

* Impossible Mission
* Soul Calibur: Broken Destiny
* Thexder Neo
* Pinball Fantasies
* Tetris

Super Stardust has a size listed, 74 MB. I'm thinking most of them except SC shouldn't be that much bigger, right?

Also, based on those games, any other cheap ones I might like that I don't know about yet?

I'm bringing along Valkyrie Profile, Dracula X and Puzzle Quest as well as Suikoden Tierkreis, Scribblenauts and Layton 2 so I'll be pretty damn busy regardless, but you can never have too many games...

kassatsu

Banned
SecretBonusPoint said:
JP PSP Demos:

Holy shit. Thats really gonna show japanese PSP Go launch buyers what an absurdly awesome line-up is on the way. Imagine if there was a Birth by Sleep demo as well :lol
http://www.psnstores.com/2009/10/pspgo-launch-gamesdemos-in-japan/

That is a list of all the stuff famitsu said is coming.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
SiegfriedFM said:
Does anyone know where I can find file sizes for PSP games?

* Impossible Mission
* Soul Calibur: Broken Destiny
* Thexder Neo
* Pinball Fantasies
* Tetris

Impossible mission is 75MB
Thexder neo is 33MB
Pinball fantasies is 5MB(!)

Jim

About LocoRoco MC (which is awesome BTW).

The game is 188 MB, and it's really a demo with the option to purchase via unlock key (PS3/PSN style).

batbeg

Jim said:
About LocoRoco MC (which is awesome BTW).

The game is 188 MB, and it's really a demo with the option to purchase via unlock key (PS3/PSN style).

May as well add to this, it's confirmed for release for Europe tomorrow as well. £11.99 or 14.99 (don't know where Euro symbol on keyboard is D:).

BUY IT PEOPLE :mad:

What time does the EU store usually update?

188 is tiny, by the way! Pretty sure my LocoRoco 2 rip is well over a gigabyte.

Right, that's what I get for not doing my research. I knew Impossible Mission was a hardcore game from way back when, but... this is seriously hardcore. I waste an (in-game) hour or two to get four puzzle pieces that don't match up.

Still, about $7 to get to play a classic isn't that bad, and I'll probably try it out again later on.

Also grabbed Soul Calibur and Pinball Fantasies but I'm thinking about getting another game to make up for Impossible Mission's impossibleness. I guess Thexder is a big no-no in that case?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
distantmantra said:
Is there any chance that Catan and/or Outrun will ever make it to the US Playstation Store?

Former, possible.
Latter, Never in a million years since Sega/MS/Sony WHOEVER screwed the pooch.

Aru

SecretBonusPoint said:
JP PSP Demos:

I want those demos ! Can't wait till monday.

batbeg

Just thought I'd ask once more; what time do the shops usually update, specifically the UK one? I'd love to be able to download LocoRoco before going up to the Darksiders event tomorrow, but the update would have to come quite soon for that...

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
SecretBonusPoint said:
JP PSP Demos:

Doesn't persona 3 come out over there on the same day? That's a great day, mang.

kassatsu

Banned
jp.png
NOW UP!
/!\ Updates throughout the week @ ~ 11PM EDT

DEMOS

► Crystal Defenders (PSP)
○ 10 MB

PSP GAMES

► Full Games
○ Crystal Defenders PSP (¥900)
○ Rare Land Story: Shoujo no Yakujou (¥3800)
○ Secret Agent Clank PSP the Best (¥2200)

ADD-ONS

► Dynasty Warriors Multi-Raid Special
○ Add-on Content #2

► LittleBigPlanet
○ Halloween Mask

► Mobile Suit Gundam Senki Record U.C. 0081
○ RMS-099 Rick Dias (¥500)
○ AGX-04 Gerbera Tetra (¥400)
○ RX-81ST Standard Armor (¥300)

► Tales of Vesperia
○ DLC Added

► Trinity Universe
○ DLC Added

VIDEOS

► Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier
○ Promotional Video

THEMES & WALLPAPERS

► PS3 Themes
○ Angel Senki Custom Theme Vol. 2

kassatsu

Banned
hk.png
NOW UP!
/!\ Updates throughout the week.

DEMOS

► Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack In Time (English | Chinese Ver.)
○ Clank - 2109 MB

ADD-ONS

► LittleBigPlanet (English | Chinese | Korean Ver.)
○ Halloween Mask

batbeg

Bastards have the activation key for Midnight Carnival up if you search for LocoRoco on the UK store but not the game. *Shakes fist* I'M NOT LAUGHING SONY!

I'm crying :(

batbeg said:
Just thought I'd ask once more; what time do the shops usually update, specifically the UK one? I'd love to be able to download LocoRoco before going up to the Darksiders event tomorrow, but the update would have to come quite soon for that...

UK store is usually around 6pm UK time but it isn't unusual for it to be delayed a few hours. Can't wait for Locoroco! :D

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
haha, ah the weekly psn psp update excitement.

i'm actually enjoying this in a peverse sand-paper-my-own-testicles sort of way.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
WhiteAce said:
haha, ah the weekly psn psp update excitement.

i'm actually enjoying this in a peverse sand-paper-my-own-testicles sort of way.

heh. Me too. I've finally accepted that I have more games than I can realistically play so I'm just keeping an eye on the updates (and the fallout from them) to see if/when things start to improve.

mrklaw said:
heh. Me too. I've finally accepted that I have more games than I can realistically play so I'm just keeping an eye on the updates (and the fallout from them) to see if/when things start to improve.

Mike did say in the comments last week that we should really like this weeks update, I wait with bated breath.

DCharlie

yup - downloaded 48 psp games, god knows how many ps1 games but stuck playing HSG:eek:pen tee 2

pswii60

Just to repeat what I said in the other thread, Blue Toad Murder Files is arriving on December 17th (EU Store) at £9.99 for first 2 episodes of £6.49 for 1. It's from the Buzz guys.

I really enjoyed it at the Eurogamer Expo, definitely one I'm seriously looking forward to. It's a very British Professor Layton. Only concern is that each episode may only be an hour long, which could prove pricey - we'll have to see if they adjust the pricing in the meantime.

CAVE343

GillaTheGorilla said:
Mike did say in the comments last week that we should really like this weeks update, I wait with bated breath.

yeah he said a massive update or something like that, so we'll know in about an hour or two

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
Ranger X said:
OH SHIT.
I hope it's uploaded in America too. If it's a 5$ or less I will buy it. Unless it's abandonware already on PC??

If they're selling it on PSP/PS3 then it's not abandonware.

jvm

Gamasutra.
WhiteAce said:
yup - downloaded 48 psp games, god knows how many ps1 games but stuck playing HSG:eek:pen tee 2
You ... bought? ... 48 PSP games off the store? Seriously?

(Sure hope you didn't mean rips for games you don't own. :p)

Aspiring

I hope the LEGO Rock Band export key comes this week. Otherwise when (and if) the game launches on Tuesday PS3 users will not be able to export until a few days later. Would be slightly annoying.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
WhiteAce said:

Wild Arms XF here. Actually the lack of SRPGs on the store helped me discover this. I bought it out of desparation and I'm really enjoying it.

Aspiring said:
I hope the LEGO Rock Band export key comes this week. Otherwise when (and if) the game launches on Tuesday PS3 users will not be able to export until a few days later. Would be slightly annoying.

LEGO rock band is out next week!? I must immediately buy it and put it next to my unplayed beatles rock band (really need to get back into that)

Can you export both ways? eg export my RB2 songs and play them with lego people?

WhiteAce said:

I used to do this, now as im older and money goes on other things I have to be really selective with what I buy, thats why im holding out for Disgaea for my srpg fix. Monster Hunter has served me well though with over 140hrs logged in so far and I got Badman the other day which is making a really nice change to play.

DCharlie

You ... bought? ... 48 PSP games off the store? Seriously?

seriously.

a couple of games i bought are the english language versions of games i already have though. :/

Gagaman

Any sign of Critter Crunch for Europe this week? I have £12 sitting on my account which i'm going to put towards that and hopefully get Shatter with it too.

Top Bottom