• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store E3 2008 (Week of 07/17/08)

Erebus

For some odd reason, the Naruto demo doesn't seem to appear in any other Euro store except for the UK one.

Tntnnbltn

Elefunk multiplayer = Stick Remover for PS3.

Fuck yes.

It has both online and local multiplayer, but no one was online when I searched for a room. Local multiplayer was fun though, especially when you get that lean to a tower. And then you remove a piece and you pray to god that it stands for the next 10 seconds.

Oneself

Tntnnbltn said:
Elefunk multiplayer = Stick Remover for PS3.

Fuck yes.

It has both online and local multiplayer, but no one was online when I searched for a room. Local multiplayer was fun though, especially when you get that lean to a tower. And then you remove a piece and you pray to god that it stands for the next 10 seconds.

Potentially awesome :D

Durante

Finished the first 13 levels. First 5 are simplified old-school bridge building. Second 5 are simplified Armadillo Run with item pickup. For the third 5 (where I'm now) you get some additional materials (rope) and build bridges again, but it's still on a very simplistic level and incomparable to Pontifex 2. Bonus levels are just some waggling, but it's not that bad a diversion in between puzzling.

The graphics and the whole presentation are nice, and the game is well worth the money. I have 2 major dislikes: The specific-part-based gameplay (it forces you to sometimes build very inelegant structures and is generally counterintuitive IMHO), and the score focus on time. Additionally, the UI sometimes feels a bit clunky especially with ropes, but I guess it's the best you can do with a controller.

DonDepre said:
The real evil of the PSN is that saves the credit card account. If I had to rewrite each time my account number and security number, probably I should buy less games. But, right now, downloading a full game is as easy as downloading a demo. If they put ever PS2 games in the store, I'll be bankrupted.
Exactly. Click, game. Even Steam takes a bit more effort. It's just evil.

Marconelly said:
Have you ever played Bridge Builder (later renamed to Pontifex)? How does this compare to that game?

I thought Pontifex 2 wasn't as much fun. Went far too deep into over-convoluted territory to be fun for me.
I played all games of this type. Elefunk is on a very similar in terms of complexity as the very first Bridge Builder. Which I consider a shame, but which should be right up your alley.

More when I beat it.

BeeDog said:
Has the Naruto demo appeared on the non-UK PSNStores yet? Can't access my PS3 right now.

i can see it in the italian store. btw the demo is the same as the american one: all in english with the possibility to choose between english and japanese voice acting)

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Durante said:
I played all games of this type. Elefunk is on a very similar in terms of complexity as the very first Bridge Builder. Which I consider a shame, but which should be right up your alley.

More when I beat it.
I loved Armadillo Run too, don't remember how far I got in it though. Good to hear there are levels like that as well. I'm guessing last five will be AR type levels as well.

For some reason, Pontifex 2 being in 3D, made the game too 'serious' to be fun anymore (for me of course). Also, it seemed to concentrate on large scale building, instead of smaller, but tougher puzzle-bridges that I was hoping for.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
HOLY SHIT at the Naruto demo. Not only does it looks like the anime, it freaking plays like it! I love the sense of speed. First five minutes I was playing with my mouth wide open. Thought I wouldn't care much for the fighting but I'm seriously hooked! Day fucking 1!

Also nice to see it has Japanese voice overs, and the fact that it has original music (which sound magical!) is also pretty amazing. Seriously, fans will LOVE this.

pswii60

Not too keen on Elefunk. The first level was full of promise (and surprisingly took me a couple of tries to get them both to cross the bridge). I had strange tinges of Chu Chu and Lemmings swirling in my head.

But.. the poor level design then completely fails the game in the subsequent levels. Seriously. It could be so much more. Not my best £4.99 spend on PSN.

On the positive side, the game has charm. I like it when they float up with their helium balloons :p

Goldrusher said:
I think we can expect parts 2 and 3 of the press conference, no ?

oh right. i was talking more on the game content though :lol but Part 2 should be up by the PSN update. part 3 may appear there as well seeing as they had a good day to do it.

Pimpwerx

Hmm, it was up a second ago. It was up long enough for me to add Elefunk to my cart, but they removed it before I could checkout. :lol PEACE.

EDIT: It's back up. Must have had to add the little disclaimer that it requires the demo. I know I didn't see that the first time.

PSN update is here

Playstation Conference Part 1-3 is up
Ragdoll Kungfu Trailer
Prince of Persia Trailer
Project Origin Trailer
Pure Trailer
Mercenaries ""
BIA ""
Elefunk Theme
Elefunk Demo and Full game
Rayman
Star Trek: Tactical assault
Naruto Demo

Civ Rev BTS Video
Starship Trooper Blu-ray trailer

other stuff should appear soon.

burgerdog

ChrisGoldstein said:
Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen, damn I remember that game on ps1 it was epic, will get when my card comes in the mail.

What? Is it out? I just went over the entire page and didn't see anything about it other than your post.

Top Bottom