• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store E3 2008 (Week of 07/17/08)

Baha

No Wipeout HD but we got Rayman. I guess we should be so lucky that we got a psone game this week. Next week we get Siren and 1942, so I can't wait for that.

Azrael

If Sony can maintain the pace of PSN game releases they've had for June and July, I'll be satisfied, although I doubt they'll be able to. There doesn't seem to be too much coming in the months after July except for the Pain expansion back in August and Mega Man 9 in September.

RedBoot

Rayman is a nice surprise. Platformers are always nice, I might pick it up just to support PS1 on PSN releases. I know I've always heard good things about it.

I guess this puts us one step closer to the stuff people are really waiting for, like Castlevania Chronicles and Suikoden.

btkadams

i guess this isnt offtopic since the vid is in the update which is in this thread....

whats the song in the littlebigplanet trailer on the euro store? im completely captivated by the trailer because this game kicks so much ass and the song just completes it.

Azrael

Souther said:
Please don't tell me Bionic Commando Rearmed got delayed again!

Jesus christ! When is it now? September?

1942 Joint Strike and Siren Blood Curse are next week, then Bionic Commando Rearmed and Pixeljunk Eden in two weeks.

btkadams

Cold-Steel said:
Is the store opening really slow for anyone else or is it just me?
been doing this to me for the past couple of days too.

on my euro account it opens fast still. i guess its just the NA store?

Zeliard

Azrael said:
1942 Joint Strike and Siren Blood Curse are next week, then Bionic Commando Rearmed and Pixeljunk Eden in two weeks.

Any word on a Pixeljunk Eden demo? I recall one of the devs/producers behind the game saying that they felt very confident about the game, and so would be releasing a demo pre-release for the first time. Sorry if it's already been mentioned.

Souther said:
Please don't tell me Bionic Commando Rearmed got delayed again!

Jesus christ! When is it now? September?

They haven't given it a date in a long time. When Capcom posted on the PSblog they wouldn't even hint at a release date for BC:R, while they were of course very specific about 1942's date.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Baha said:
No Wipeout HD but we got Rayman. I guess we should be so lucky that we got a psone game this week. Next week we get Siren and 1942, so I can't wait for that.
WipeOut HD is having some technical difficulties no studio within Sony can fix, at least I read that today. I suppose we'll see the game by the end of the year now.

Zeliard

jiggle said:
Well if it's any indication, both of their previous games got demo...

I know Eden's getting a demo, I'm just wondering when we'll see it. Cars and Monsters both had demos come out post-release, and Q Games said they'd be releasing a demo pre-release for Eden since they think it's the shit (which it looks to be). So since the full game is out in 2 weeks, we should be seeing a demo quite soon. Like next week, maybe.

Jim

Dante said:
Rayman!!!!!! In the US!?!?!?!

Thank you! All over mah PSP.

Told you. Now Street Fighter Alpha and Castlevania Chronicles in the hopefully very near future. And Suikoden.

Agent X

Sweet update this week!

I'm downloading the Elefunk demo right now.

Rayman is a great game! I completed the Jaguar version 100% several years ago. I've never had the PlayStation version, but I'm considering the possibility of getting this, especially since I could also play it on the PSP.

Pimpwerx

I can't make the thread, so wtf is with Elefunk not telling you the quantity available for each shape? I could plan out a design a lot better if I didn't have to randomly guess at the number of each structure I was given. :( Am I missing something here? Seems like a glaring flaw in the game. They make it so that you can't get away with simple trusses. PEACE.

Grayman

Can I download elefunk while watching Pride dvds?

all signs point to no :( the PSN server seems hammered for speeds too.

does elefunk have local multiplayer? my girlfriend and i are getting to the end of pj monsters: encore and this should fill the gap between now and eden nicely

bsjezz said:
does elefunk have local multiplayer? my girlfriend and i are getting to the end of pj monsters: encore and this should fill the gap between now and eden nicely
Yeah I saw an option for local in the game.

Single player is pretty fun. Play the first few levels. Don't have to think twice about spending five bucks on this.

Grayman

bsjezz said:
I'm hoping it does. I'm running out of 2 player games.

indie85

Banned
I think they messed up the difficulty in Elefunk, glad there was a demo because Im like freaking stuck on the 2nd level of the tutorial for christs sake.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
SOLDIER said:
Can anyone confirm if the MGS expansion pack can be shared? If so I'd like to do a trade tonight if possible.
I'm willing to bet a thousand it's not. They go through the Konami Store, which is separate from the PS Store by miles.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
So, is the video store showing up for anyone? It doesn't seem to work for me. There is no video tab present. When starting up the store, however, it takes much longer (suggesting that something is attempting to load), but it appears the same as always. Any ideas?

dark10x said:
So, is the video store showing up for anyone? It doesn't seem to work for me. There is no video tab present. When starting up the store, however, it takes much longer (suggesting that something is attempting to load), but it appears the same as always. Any ideas?

it's a server side problem. when that happens just restart the store until it shows.

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
Cold-Steel said:
Is the store opening really slow for anyone else or is it just me?
It's doing that and the video tab sometimes doesn't appear either when launching the store :-/

Zoe

Disappointed to see the cart doesn't carry over between the two sections of the store. I was hoping to buy more than just Xam'd at once so I wouldn't have anything left over in my wallet.

they need to integrate the vid store into the main window somehow, its like your playing hide and go seek with it. Im sure there thinking of expanding it.

burgerdog

That naruto game is extremely fun. I downloaded it because everybody was talking about how great it looked, but wow, that was some serious fun. I noticed that during the trailer at the end they mentioned an adventure mode. How deep are they usually?

Grayman

dralla said:
Why am I so bad at Elefunk
I think the puzzles are designed for only one solution unlike other bridge builders the parts are weak as hell. Try time attack mode. It throws you into the same levels with the bridge partially built in a different configuration each time you fail.

Top Bottom