• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store E3 2008 (Week of 07/17/08)

Amon37

I must have mad overscan on my TV because on the Resistance 2 theme my TV doesn't show the "R" in Resistance at the top and it's really bugging me. Although no other themes do it?

decon

Oh look at the EU store. It's shit, like it use to be. And no websites has bothered to poke a stick up SCEE's ass about this at E3, no (eurogamer)?

Pimpwerx

androvsky said:
Huh? It's the number over each shape on the shape menu bar.
I'll have to take another look. I must have overscan or something. I'm in SD and definitely didn't see numbers. You can understand why I'm kinda annoyed. ;) PEACE.

Pimpwerx

dallow_bg said:
Someone needs to make it.

HOW THE ELEFUNK DO YOU ONLY USE 26 GIRDERS ON THE FIRST LEVEL?
Two full blocks at each end, a triangle piece attached to each, and then two of the "half" pieces rotated so they look like springs in the middle. The bridge kinda folds in the middle, but it holds. I just don't know how the elefunk you do it in 3 seconds. PEACE.

GodofWine

cicatriz said:
You'll funk in your drawers when you figure it out.

My best score never seemed to save , or at least display on the scoreboard last night.

Like where is says 'top scores' and under it, says your score...my score never registered?? anyone else?

Hoping to see a few more online games tonight...5 second timers! its the best way

Das-J

Law of the West
cicatriz said:
You'll funk in your drawers when you figure it out.

Apparently I suck at this game... I tried the first puzzle for 20 mins or so last night and just kept dumping elephants into the pit. There was the one that floated away with an umbrella... hope he made a safe landing! :lol

Tntnnbltn

GodofWine said:
My best score never seemed to save , or at least display on the scoreboard last night.

Like where is says 'top scores' and under it, says your score...my score never registered?? anyone else?
Same for me.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Pimpwerx said:
Two full blocks at each end, a triangle piece attached to each, and then two of the "half" pieces rotated so they look like springs in the middle. The bridge kinda folds in the middle, but it holds. I just don't know how the elefunk you do it in 3 seconds. PEACE.
Dang. Haha! I was going crazy. not sure how I missed this combo.

Thanks!

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I really wish Blood Curse was coming out this week instead of next. I don't understand why Sony couldn't put that up for E3.

indie85

Banned
Can someone tell me how you do the second level with the two ropes and those b*stards jumping up and down on the second rope?

Pimpwerx

GodofWine said:

Hoping to see a few more online games tonight...5 second timers! its the best way
Did you set your personal best after restarting or clearing the level? If so, that might be why. It was doing the same to me just now actually and I exited to the main menu and then went back into the level and completed it the first time for my personal best. Only then did it record it. There's definitely something loopy about the scoring in this game. And I swear, the numbers weren't showing above the pieces for me. This game just loves messing with my head. :( PEACE.

Pimpwerx

indie85 said:
Can someone tell me how you do the second level with the two ropes and those b*stards jumping up and down on the second rope?
I used 39 girders and they were all triangles. Some shmucks managed it with 25, so I might give that a look later. I think I figured out half the puzzle. You can get away with just 3 tris on the left walkway, aligning the hypotenuses with the three segments of the walkway. It shouldn't hold...but it does. The right side I build some fancy scaffolding for, but I don't think it's supposed to be that complicated. PEACE.

Flunkie

Banned
Tntnnbltn said:
Elefunk awesomeness:
ofvsk4.jpg

(It held)
Holy crap! :lol

I'm not that far into the game, but from what I've played so far.. I freaking love it.

Elefunk is definitely a fun game especially for younger kids. my nephew is enjoying it so maybe he's brain will be more of use rather than play mindless video games :lol

Baha said:

Nice, thanks!

SolidSnakex said:
Nearly every post on that blog is someone praising Valkyria, saying "no more shooters" and begging for more JRPG's. Take a hint Sony.

Indeed.

GeoramA said:
Yeah, or at least the first episode. God I can't wait until next Thursday.

Seriously, the Siren demo kicked ass. I, too, can't wait until the final version is out.

GeoramA

Y2Kev said:
I really wish Blood Curse was coming out this week instead of next. I don't understand why Sony couldn't put that up for E3.
Yeah, or at least the first episode. God I can't wait until next Thursday.

Pimpwerx

Baha said:
Wow! The indecipherable JP trailers, and indentikit ones on the US store had me liking the art style, but confused about the gameplay. I like that it's an srpg without the grid. I don't know if that's common, but Jeanne D'Arc was my first srpg, and I liked it. A free-roaming style suits this game better though. I was gonna pass on this, but I guess I'll keep a close watch. PEACE.

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
ELEFUNK!

I love it. So good.

edit: If you guys want to get some multiplayer going my PSN is BobMac. I might be on tonight and this weekend. It's like Jenga. Good stuff.

GodofWine

BobsRevenge said:
ELEFUNK!

I love it. So good.

edit: If you guys want to get some multiplayer going my PSN is BobMac. I might be on tonight and this weekend. It's like Jenga. Good stuff.

Will add, need Elephunk friends. PSN: TheGodofWine

anyone with it, feel free to add me...If Im not shooting people, im playing this. :lol (yin / yang)

RpgN

Jeff said the game is similar to shining force which is great IMO That was a perfect mix of rpg and srpg. I'm really hyped for VC now. Please let this game get a release in Europe!

Azrael

SolidSnakex said:
Nearly every post on that blog is someone praising Valkyria, saying "no more shooters" and begging for more JRPG's. Take a hint Sony.

The only hint they'll take is if it sells.

Volcynika

Valkyria~

Hell, I barely play SRPGs/Tactical RPGs, but hearing about this game and reading about it gets me so excited. Novembah!

Benedict

Regarding Dark Mist, Blast Factor, Skydiving, Go Puzzle games and Toy Home on the Japenese PSN.
Do they have optional english text or is all in Japanenese?

lupinko

For CanadaGaf I just wanted to mention that the reason why there is no video store right now for us is because of what we knew of all along....

...yes the CRTC. =(

I read it in the Metro, apparently it'll come in a few months or so, whenever that is. =(

kuYuri

Does anyone have part 2 of the Sony Press Conference from the PS Store? For me, part 2, unlike part 1, is not in HD at all and it's annoying because alot of the image is cut off.

lupinko

RpgN said:
Jeff said the game is similar to shining force which is great IMO That was a perfect mix of rpg and srpg. I'm really hyped for VC now. Please let this game get a release in Europe!

The game is a mix of Sakura Wars and Gears of War, Jeff is off with the Shining Force remark. ~_~

Strider2K99 said:
Does anyone have part 2 of the Sony Press Conference from the PS Store? For me, part 2, unlike part 1, is not in HD at all and it's annoying because alot of the image is cut off.

That's how it is for me, too. Parts one and three are fine, but part two is pretty messed up resolution-wise.

keyrat

Naruto is the most underrated update to the store this week. I've never seen the show, but the game play is awesome; like what you wish the DBZ game played like, and it looks so much better. Hell of a lot of fun in 2 player vs.

keyrat said:
Naruto is the most underrated update to the store this week. I've never seen the show, but the game play is awesome; like what you wish the DBZ game played like, and it looks so much better. Hell of a lot of fun in 2 player vs.
Is it just me, or is Naruto way better than Kakashi?

SolidSnakex said:
It's not really going to change much since SCEA owns a certain set of developers, and shooters ARE what they usually make (they can't make JRPGs themselves, it's up the SCEJ to fill that void).

Someone asked about Valkyria for Europe, and yes it was announced for Europe along with NA.

Naruto demo rocks. Can't stop playing it. :D

buffi

Banned
Well uh, until the next thread is up...

The japanese store is updated with new psone games:
Chocobo stallion
Grille logic
Arkanoid returns
Yamasa Digi Selection DX
Dice de chocobo

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=200354

Warner making episodic Watchmen games
News by Rob Purchese

Today 16:29

Warner Bros. has partnered with Deadline Games to create at least two downloadable games based on the Watchmen film.

The first of these episodes will be available alongside the movie launch next March, according to Variety.

The decision to go with shorter downloadable offerings - PSN, Xbox Live Arcade, and PC - was made to achieve a better quality final product than most movie tie-ins, apparently.

"We don't want a low-quality console game that will get lost at retail," said Warner big shot Samantha Ryan. "A downloadable game allows us to deliver the experience that fans expect."

Deadline Games is responsible for Total Overdose, Chilli Con Carnage, and upcoming action outing Faith and a .45.

The Watchmen is an acclaimed comic book written by Alan Moore (V for Vendetta, From Hell) and illustrated by Dave Gibbons. The film is being created by 300 and Dawn of the Dead (2004) director Zack Snyder.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/07/23/penny-arcade-adventures-also-coming-to-ps3-this-fall/

Penny Arcade Adventures also coming to PS3 this Fall

Posted Jul 23rd 2008 1:15PM by Andrew Yoon
Filed under: e-Distribution Games

After debuting on PC, XBLA and Mac earlier this year, many wondered why Penny Arcade Adventures was not coming out on PS3. Thankfully, developer Hothead Games has listened to your input and has announced a PS3 version will release on PSN later this year. "We keep getting emails asking why our Penny Arcade game is not on PSN," said Hothead's CEO, Vlad Ceraldi. "We have always said we wanted to have our games on as many platforms as possible to give choice to gamers. All good things take time and we are very excited to be debuting our first PS3 title and look forward to bringing more games to this platform in the future."

On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness is an RPG adventure game set in a 1920s pulp-horror universe, featuring many characters from the popular Penny Arcade webcomic series. The PS3 version of the game will be priced similarly to the release on XBLA and PC. See the very first images of the PS3 version in our new gallery.

First PS3 Images here:

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/photos/pen...k-precipice-of-darkness-episode-1-ps3/941529/

buffi said:
Well uh, until the next thread is up...

The japanese store is updated with new psone games:
Chocobo stallion
Grille logic
Arkanoid returns
Yamasa Digi Selection DX
Dice de chocobo

What is it about the JP PS Store receiving PSone games often, but not the U.S.? Seriously, what the hell is going on?

Zoe

GamerGeorge said:
What is it about the JP PS Store receiving PSone games often, but not the U.S.? Seriously, what the hell is going on?

You don't have as many publishing/distribution messes to deal with in Japan.

And Sony Japan's PSN support rocks.

Zoe said:
You don't have as many publishing/distribution messes to deal with in Japan.

And Sony Japan's PSN support rocks.

Ah, I see. Yeah, their support does rock. At least PS3 owners that don't live in Japan can make a JP PS Store account and import PSN cards to buy PSone games with (as long as they don't mind the likely lack of English text in their games).

Top Bottom